Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TabulaRasa
Nov 17, 2005

Ready to fight for right, against wrong!
I've got a sort of laptop offshoot request for recommendation I am hoping to get some feedback on.

I've got an ibuypower Valkyrie CS17, and it's a monster. Great machine and all, but it's a fat sucker. Portability was not super high on my list when I bought it since I tend to just move between home office, work office. I'll never fly with it or travel further than in and out of my car. So that leads me to my quandary. I'm actually having trouble finding a bag that looks like it will reliably hold the sheer girth of this thing.

I kind of prefer the look of a messenger bag, but I think I may need to go with a backpack because along with the laptop I carry a handful of other junk for work. I'm using a rickshaw messenger bag now that I got as a freebie from Adobe but it's so thin and cheap feeling, it doesn't fill me with confidence that it's not just going to disintegrate. Plus, there's no room left once the laptop goes in for other stuff. The brick alone is probably the size of my old thinkpad.

Budget is under 150 bucks if I can help it.

Dimension for the laptop are 16.9" x 11.3" x 2.2"

Here's what I'm looking at...

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?sku=txl617

But it looks like even the laptop sleeve/pocket area is not big enough.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU