Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
I've heard mixed opinions on sagers/clevos, but they're in heavy consideration for my purchase. Anyone got anything to say about the dealer I should buy from or this 13 inch model in particular?

http://www.powernotebooks.com/Sager-NP7338-gaming-laptops-notebooks-sys-6214.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Captain Pike posted:

I'm extremely interested in this model as well. It seems like it should catch on fire instantly, but all the reviews I've found seem to be good. Also, I bought an MSI laptop from PowerNotebooks years ago, and I liked the experience very much. (I ordered by phone, customer service was excellent).

How long did that last? I had a horrible experience with a FX-7811 and am apprehensive about ordering an expensive laptop.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Zethrendel posted:

Has anyone ever purchased a laptop from Sager? I have a friend who swears by his because these things don't weigh two tons and don't poo poo out after six months. I'm considering a purchase from them but I don't really know how great these are, would like some more feedback if anyone has any experience with Sager or any advice based on the laptop specs. I'm looking into getting http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP2650 because it's cheap. I'm way behind on modern processor speeds/GPUs so I can't rightly determine how good this thing might be for running games in particular. I do play games on the move, LANs and other people's houses, so I prefer a laptop that can run my games. Nothing too high detail, a lot of LoL and Diablo 3, possibly some lovely MMO timesink in the future.

I just purchased a sager. Build quality is something that's important to me too. The research I did makes me optimistic, but not concretely sure how sturdy/long lasting the thing will be. A nitpick about the model you selected and your planned use is the video card - Intel HD 4600 is going to barely cut it right now, and just not in the future. I'd spring for something with a GTX 860m, or the Iris Pro.

Here's a link a the review of the laptop I purchased, which can you some idea of the build quality of the brand.

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 31, 2014