Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Team Lunch posted:

Still working on cryptids- here's Nessie.

Are you doing anything with this series (like a print/postcard set)? These are so cool, I love the Krampus and Wendigo ones a lot!

I just finished a couple sculptures for an art show this weekend (anyone in LA come to Meltdown Comics!). The skeletons were sculpted with Magic Sculpt with a wire armature, and I had a ton of fun digging through my craft boxes for poo poo to glue/sew onto them. If I make more skeletons I don't think I'd do the whole thing with Magic Sculpt again (too much poison and just a bitch to work with), but it did the job and it's a very strong material.

Sexy pictures:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Hope I didn't kill the thread. :x Here's an acrylic painting I did recently, a Lord of the Flies fanart/tribute. Finding reference for a severed pig's head was way way easier than I would have ever imagined.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

SexyBlindfold posted:

Crosspostin' from daily doodles - here's a bunch of figure drawing highlights from the last couple of months.

These are great! I've personally got a bit of work to do in learning and practicing muscles/anatomy/landmarks and I really love how you indicated the back muscles on this one. Really beautiful stuff, you made it look effortless.

I managed to get some pet commissions on wood panels (acrylic) so here's a couple cats I painted!

...I've also been taking a figure painting class and slowly learning oils, but I'll post those another time.

Crocobile fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 10, 2018

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Aaaand I'm back with a couple a sweet doggo portraits I finished. Acrylic on wood panel:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I have a backlog of presents I meant to finish for friends like 2 years ago that are my current priority during my time off. One more down!

I REALLY need to loosen up; the realism takes WAY too long and isn’t as fun/cute as the digital mock-up. It’s probably a consequence of getting too frustrated with pieces, not picking up paints for months, then reinventing the wheel when I pick them up again and getting frustrated all over. I did have fun with the peonies!

Goal for 2023 is quantity, so the next 2 pet gift portraits are easier. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

If it’s not already in a separate tube (like you’re carrying a palette or w/e) I’d bring it along in a separate tube, and when you mix use the SMALLEST touch of whatever color + blob of white.

It’s important to remember gouache is semi-opaque watercolor, so your whitest white is the paper. Honestly I like using white acrylic at the end to push highlights/whites.

Also titanium white is more opaque than zinc.