Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Jisae posted:

Here's my yearly contribution to this thread :ghost:

"Herbal Perspective" for Modern Eden Gallery in San Fran. It's oil and acrylic.

Wow this is awesome. Reminds me of this artist "soey milk." http://milkbomb.blogspot.ca/

Below is a skateboard i just finished painting (acrylic paint and markers). I found the board on the street 2 years ago and just got around to painting it finally this month.

Then this afternoon I covered it in an epoxy resin and it made some of the markers bleed!!! Even though the guy at the hardware store said it wouldn't!! A little pissed off, even though it doesn't ruin it, it makes it look sloppy.

Oh well, at least I got some photos before I added the epoxy (click for more) The background is kind of a mint green and the color that looks black is actually ultra-dark purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Thanks

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I painted this longboard (found it on the street this past spring).

The white stands out from the mint green a bit better in person. Even so I probably could have added a little drop shadow to make it pop more... But it is too late now as I have coated it in epoxy! Acrylics and National Geographic (collage). The random black marks at the top are where the holes are going to be for the screws to attach the trucks.

Detail:

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

smallmouth posted:

This is really cool.

Thank you. Here is a photo of both the skateboards I've done, resin-protected and trucks attached, ready to ride.

Didn't realize this photo came out so blurry. Oh well. Just showin off anyway

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I like the colors, the second one is a tricky angle and looks a little off, maybe just due to the unfamiliar angle, the chin? It's believable though and it's rendered really nice. I like the expression in the first one too, translates well.

I painted this picture based on a little doodle in my sketchbook. Mostly acrylics and housepaint with some marker. I don't really know how to paint and don't really like using a brush, I would rather do screenprinting or something more flat, sharp, and predictable. I have a friend with all the gear just haven't really pursued it.

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Painted another skateboard. Some kind of trippy riff on the creation of adam. Acrylic paint.

I forgot to take photos of it before applying the epoxy coating so it's ultra glossy and difficult to photograph. The hot yellow in god's face on the right there is washed out, looks white. Oh well. Click the image for some more pictures and detail shots without the wheels.

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I painted another skateboard. I wanna add something to it, not sure what, some text or some little detail in black...

Based on a figure drawing sketch i did ages ago:

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I dig your watercolors but the most recent one, the first thing I thought of was a male dog with a clipped tail from behind. Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, that's honestly what I saw. The text is rad by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Skoora posted:

Ha ha, fair enough. She would definitely read better if she were smaller in the frame. I could also use a good reference for how silky material hangs on a body like that. That one is probably something like the eighth or ninth one of these I've done. This being only other one I've liked

I really just need to scan these, my phone is poo poo.
"Midnight Queen" is kind of a reference to this btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkF-vxOnk0

I like this one better for sure. The text is just as rad and the figure is more clear