Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Oh man, a thread with some printmaking? :swoon:

A litho/mokulito/relief print from a month or so ago:

I did finish this litho piece a little bit ago, but all I have for pictures on hand is the aluminum plate after rolling up for the second etch.

The biggest drawback to printmaking is the equipment it requires. The school has gorgeous facilities, presses, stones and other equipment, but all that goes poof upon graduation. Luckily, there is a local Book Arts Center with a litho and intaglio/relief press, so I can keep working after graduation. If anyone else here is interested in printmaking, there might be a similar shared studio space if you look around, especially with the growing fascination with letterpress. Otherwise, you can still do relief printmaking with a baren/spoon.

A favorite, just because the pun is just hilarious (to me, at least). Its a full 12 page 'magazine', but it's rife with so many printing problems. Xerox transfers for the background and four color screenprint for everything else.

I really want to revisit it and print a poster size version of the cover, but I'm not quite sure about doing a xerox transfer that large with lacquer thinner. The pages were also printed with two coats of gloss varnish to make the pages more magazine shiny. It worked, after a fashion, but ended up making them forever a tiny bit tacky. Has anyone had any success making a paper surface shiny with a similar medium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU