Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009
Oils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009
Quick 'n oily

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

very cute!

Cool that you're enjoying yourself, and I think you've got a real knack for values and colours, but I'm not sure the medium of paint on canvas is the best way to present this kind of simple, flat image. The structure of the canvas and the paint is very distracting. Have you tried painting on paper? Or maybe try to explore painting volume and texture (like in the tree painting before). I don't know, it just seems like there is a mismatch between the image and the medium.

I've rediscovered charcoal, all the rage these days.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

Detective Thompson posted:

At least I think that's what's being said.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I talk gud.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009
Trying to get better at gouache. It's an incredibly frustrating and fun medium.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

HungryMedusa posted:

Is this gauche again? I love it.

Yep! Thanks. Shiny things are fun to paint.

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009
pastel and novelty glasses

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009
crop of an oil

Status Epilepticus
Feb 22, 2009

yeah good crab!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status Epilepticus