Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hi my name is Jizz Denouement. More than a decade ago I was pretty decent at oil paints, latex-based wood paints, and ceramics. I've dived back into painting after this long gap with acrylics because my significant other had a decent foundation of tools.

I am freaking terrible. Like, I can't even apply the paint from tube to palette to brush to canvas properly. Are there some good online resources or youtube series that provide a good introduction to painting with acrylics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

dupersaurus posted:

Could probably nit-pick this until the heat death of the universe, but I’m calling it. But it’s the first time I’ve really done a landscape, though, and I’m generally happy with all the textures.

That bit of hatching on the left was ill-advised. A little torn about the clouds but don’t know what I’d do with them.

I love the art in this gosh darn thread.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

poemdexter posted:

Thanks people! I just pulled the trigger on some heavy body paints and matte medium. To contribute, here's a painting I finished last night. You can see where I tried to apply 10 coats of cad red light hue with a touch of black as the shadow and it's still blotchy. Also two smudges that I fixed after I took the pic...

Good content :)