Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Fairly new goon here. It's really daunting browsing through this thread and seeing the talent on display, but here's some of my more recent drawings. I pretty much exclusively use lovely mechanical pencils and the occasional sharpie when I draw stuff. I'd really like to improve on my work.

A very unflattering self portrait:

This one in particular is something I'd appreciate some brutally honest feedback on. I did it as a face / hand study but I'm not very pleased with the end result.

The two head shots look like something out of a courtroom sketch, really neat. What did you use for that first still life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Caveman Cat posted:

Thumbnail of a Dark Souls watercolor piece I'm working on. I'm about half done with the inking now.

That looks like it's shaping up to pretty badass. Is that Darkroot Basin?

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Since I just wrapped up my college education I figure it's time to get around to posting some stuff I learned along the way. I snagged a BFA that primarily focused on ceramics. I tended to make a lot of more structural work and stuff inspired by ruins. The show I put together as a captstone ended up being largely about ruins. I made an absolute poo poo load of them and did the show based on what is really just one piece. Well sort of; all of the individual chunks were arranged in the final result. The hours were absurd but it was definitely cool to do. Some of the pieces already found homes. I had sold a half dozen of them before it was even over. Others became gifts.

This is actually pretty big. It's like 12'x17'x8' or so.

This looks like a kickass dungeon for a game of D&D. Did you set out with a particular vision in mind or was all that put together somewhat ad-hoc?