Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
A recent large canvas of mine with inks and spray paints as well as emulsion:

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

And an old one, achieved with emulsion mixed in a garden sprayer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Been trying to do more framed artwork, the painting inside was an old canvas that had been sat around for ages, I liked the back of the canvas more than the front, used a Stanley knife to cut it out and then stuck to a board to be framed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Nude posted:

Do you have a better pic? It looks really good from afar, but the blurriness kind of ruins any textures.

No pressure though if you don't.

Slightly clearer, taken just this moment.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ghost crow posted:

^^^Really digging what textures I can see, is that an oil painting?

The painting was done by mixing printer inks like I always do, but i liked how they look from the back cause they were blurrier, so what you're looking at is the back of the canvas.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Cool texture. Are you talking about inks from an inkjet printer (as opposed to screen printing ink) because I've been interested in trying this actually. Do printer inks behave roughly like oil paints? I imagine printer ink might be a bit more pigment rich so it'd need to be diluted more.

Yeah inkjet printer, you can get a pack of yellow blue and red or a pack of black, you also get little plastic syringes which are great for spurting ink everywhere.
I'd recommend getting a canvas and throwing some ink about,it's fun (wear scruffy clothes).

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Proper inks, powder and emulsion,managed to sell this one.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

New painting, inks and food colouring, I've got a thing for green paintings they make me feel chill.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

dog nougat posted:

Yeah, that seemed to be the consensus was that people wanted prints. Also the crowd was mostly young college students, so despite there being a large turnout there were only like 8 people whom I spoke with who were potential buyers.

I should probably setup an online store of some sort to try and sell my work. I know etsy is a thing, but not sure if it's the best fit. Suggestions?

I've got an account on Etsy and in three years I've not had a bite at all, there's so much stuff on there it's almost impossible to get seen :[
I've had a page on facebook for around the same time (3 years) and I've sold about 5 times as much (family and friends mostly)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'm not even close to started with this, I just felt like I had to draw something this morning, gonna fill in the blanks later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Carotid posted:

More improvised watercolor painting:

This is my biggest improvised piece yet, at 11" x 15". The reindeer skull one I posted earlier is in a small watercolor book I made, which is about 7.5" x 9.5" when open. This one was particularly fun since I had enough space to use a big fluffy 1" oval wash brush for the paint. The ink is a Pentel brush pen, a water brush pen filled with sumi ink for large areas, and a Pitt pen for details. Pretty happy with this one.

This is really nice, good job.