Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have a wood panel piece, 12x12in, that I was invited to display at a show next week. I am unsure of how to prepare it to be hung (it's just on a shelf at my place right now). I'm kind of thinking superglue and wire, which I have on hand. I'm not sure if there's a better way to approach it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Trabant posted:

At the risk of overthinking this, it depends on what they'll let you do to their wall. Do they have any hardware already in place -- screws, hook, etc?

For example, you can get something like one of these kits for not much money: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Picture-Hanging-Kit-10-Piece-80021/301993354

but that assumes you will be driving a nail into drywall. What if they won't let you, or if it's a brick wall?

Thank you for responding. I should have provided more detail. It's at museum and it's going to be in a space with rotating art so they usually have these walls designed for display, not wood or brick etc. Their instructions were basically "when you deliver your piece it needs to be display-ready including hanging mechanisms."

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thank you for the suggestions. I did end up using a sawtooth and in hindsight it seems obvious. I did have to get a set with tiny nails since my wood isn't that thick. I was worried about straightness for the display but my partner is much better than me at leveling and they did an awesome job.

I'm such a scrub; I have dozens of paintings on display at my home but almost always just put tacks in the wall and put canvas over them. This is my third legit art show even; I guess I'm boogie and ratchet.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 3, 2021

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Trabant posted:

Thread finally delivering on its nws tag!

and the description: The Traditional Art Thread: Let's Get Our Hands Dirty

vvvvvv makes sense to me.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 25, 2021