Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

been working on this mothman forever, feels good to get him done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

sigma 6 posted:

This is pretty cool but I thought of an owl before a moth. Only realized it was a moth when I saw the visual cue of the antennae.

Considering mothman is probably people seeing barn owls at night I am okay with this

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

:wink:

:wmwink:

details:

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 21, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

gross faces

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

more eyes

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm making a mega gay lesbian comic version of the Phantom of the Opera, and here is the spooky ghost lady

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 14, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

light of my life

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

scanning ink washes on watercolor paper is such a pain in the rear end

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

RasterPunk posted:

Here's some recent works. My tools consist of:

• Notebook Paper (it's cheap and it's paper)
  • Steadtler Lead Holder (the last pencil I'd ever need, these things are awesome!)
  • Eraser Pen (precise; hold it the same way I do the pencil)
  • Stapler (great for holding relevant pages together)
  • And a Metal Clipboard to hold it all in. (this stuff lives among my programming notes)

The only digital stuff I used is adjusting the brightness and contrast to make it looked like I inked it; it's my way of cheating out of buying all those leaky pens. Don't know if that breaks the rules, but at least 99% of this presentation is pure traditional. I see some pictures up here that are way larger than SA Forum's rules allow for most threads so I take it this thread is an exception to that rule, right?

I always liked the artstyle of older serial manga from the likes of Akira Toriyama, Fujiko Fujio, and Osamu Tezuka; my drawing is sort of my means of keeping it going in my life since I know their stuff won't be around forever.

I can do color, but decide against it (digital coloring anyway). I have a tight schedule as a contracted web developer and my art has been compromised just enough for this to be a sensible hobby. I've got my style written in stone, but I do like to experiment; If you got some tips for purely rendering with linework I can take those, but I wouldn't mind treating this place as a simple jam session thread (or other threads since I heard of "Daily Drawing" threads); a place where they got themes'ed be cool). Looking for more places to hang out with artists through art.

saying you don't want to ink because pens are leaky and that your style is "set in stone" is kind of lame, tbh

I'm a big pen and ink purist and your stuff doesn't really look like it's been inked, just graphite with the contrast pushed up. if you want it to look like ink, use ink. that is my advice.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
like my style isn't set in stone and I went to art school and have drawn my entire life. that's not really how art works.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
some recentish stuff

I need to get back in the habit of drawing I've been working full time and dealing with a chronic illness so I've kind of let myself get rusty :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
your proportions are a bit off