Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DEO3 posted:

Mostly airbrush.

There's some stippling, but I've tried to move away from that technique after finishing this piece a couple of months ago:

I spent probably two months trying to stipple the fog/lights but could never get it to look the way I wanted. Eventually I gave up, sanded off all my work, bought an airbrush - which worked much better, and swore I'd never spend months stippling a piece again.

Nice work. I like contrasty stuff like this. Are prints available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Galileo Fingers posted:

Decided to change it up a little bit and do some painting again! This is my reproduction of Alphonse Mucha's 'Zodiac', 1896.

Bonus process gif, I've been trying to be better about recording it lately. (Edit, I'm dumb and can't post gifs apparently, so here's a link)

http://imgur.com/gallery/EFfPq

Excellent work!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Carotid posted:

This is a drawing one of my coworker's child clients had done:

I saw it at my coworker's desk and was really struck by the design. So I made this watercolor painting inspired by it:

Wasn't there a guy who took kids' drawings and turned them into 3D sculptures?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Zoben posted:

Here's some linework for an album cover.

Cool.

Where do you get started on something like that and how long did it take?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

like a cigarette should posted:

I had some smaller canvases just laying around, so I decided to make a little autumnal series for the hell of it. :)

Bob Ross would be proud.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

deep dish peat moss posted:

The pandemic made me stop drawing for a while but I've been starting again the last few days. I also have every color of gel pen Sakura makes and every color of acrylic marker Molotow makes being delivered this week :effort: I want to do more of these black paper drawings

Cool stuff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Chernabog posted:

https://twitter.com/arianimation/status/1271128262240948224

This one was a pain in the rear end to make, but I really like how it turned out.

What is the origin of this type of painting?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Chernabog posted:

Do you mean the origin as in the technique?
I was inspired by Huichol art where they paste beads over a layer of wax, usually on small sculptures. Although I used silicon glue and "diamond painting" beads for this.

If you meant the thing that's depicted, it is inspired on the "Ophanim" biblical angel.

The technique of using gears.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Inktober sucks so instead of participating I've been challenging myself to use a non-ink medium each day, and I'm happy with the Lisa Frank hellscape I penciled out today

Very cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

I liked the way the arbitrary floating window came out in the last thing I drew, so I spent all morning working on this. Not done yet but I need a break and like it enough to show it off
e: Incremental progression since I posted this:

Dry inktense on illustration board -> water brushed -> outlined in posca -> colored over inktense with marker in some spots -> posca + acrylic details/highlights
I went too heavy with the stars and kind of regret it but :shrug:

Very cool stuff!