Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

neonnoodle posted:

FYI you don't need to spoiler tag your NSFW images anymore. That was an insane policy from the arbitrary, despotic reign of the previous CC mod. LONG LIVE THE GLORIOUS NEW REGIME

You still need to link and tag NSFW images as per general forum rules if a thread doesn't invoke the mystical [nws] in the thread title, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid posted:

You still need to link and tag NSFW images as per general forum rules if a thread doesn't invoke the mystical [nws] in the thread title, though.
Like this thread does now! Post wieners and boobs to your heart's content.

Here's some recent drawings on toned paper

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

seiferguy posted:

So with zero practice and pretty much never attempting any sort of a serious painting since I was a kid (I'm 27 now) and fresh off a Bob Ross binge, I decided to buy an oil paint set and attempt an oil paint. I was actually pretty impressed with myself for a first-timer:

A couple of errors I knew afterward: first, I didn't mix the base paint coat of liquid white enough, which meant the paint was a little runny and caused for some issues blending it with other color. Second, it may have been made worse by error 1, but my knife work needs serious improvement (which is why the mountain looks not so great, and that apparent landslide was supposed to be a trail). I imagine a flat palette will go a long way to help that. My fan brush technique improved over the course of the painting which is why the trees look better as you go down the painting.

Any other thoughts? Also, is there a way to speed up the drying of this at the surface level? I painted this Monday and it's still a little wet to the touch.

Well it's definitely Bob Rossey for a first try, keep at it!
There's a tons of different mediums you can add to paint to change its drying time or just about any other aspect of it. Try mixing in a little alkyd medium next time - but honestly with oils taking a long time to dry is a good thing since it makes it easier to rework.