Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
ProMotion is really nice.

Relatedly, how are iPads with photoshop/image manipulation programs? I have some really old photos of some fond memories and I think I can get around to doing them now because I won’t have to make pinpoint moves with a mouse anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pencil is great but the software is still miles behind desktop. Probably fine for photo restoration though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lightroom is legitimately good on an iPad. That's mostly sliders and a little bit of mask painting though. But I really like it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

buglord posted:

ProMotion is really nice.

Relatedly, how are iPads with photoshop/image manipulation programs? I have some really old photos of some fond memories and I think I can get around to doing them now because I won’t have to make pinpoint moves with a mouse anymore.

Affinity Photo is really nice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

xzzy posted:

Lightroom is legitimately good on an iPad. That's mostly sliders and a little bit of mask painting though. But I really like it.

Notably missing some key features that would really matter for restoration though, especially super resolution. I can edit about 90% on Lightroom IPad with synced smart previews, but there's always something I have to go back to Classic on the desktop for.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral

Graniteman posted:

Is this happening to anyone else? When I tap any folder on the taskbar, it no longer blurs / covers the entire screen. Is this a bug on my device? It seems to ugly to be a feature.

Yes, but they fixed it in the latest 16.2 beta.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Is this correct?

If you aren’t interested in the camera or 5G, the only difference between the Air 4th gen and Air 5th gen is the processor?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Well, yeah, but processor and screen are probably the two most important components in an iPad.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sure, just seeing if I overlooked something.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
why the HECK aren't apple OS wallpapers on the IPAD???? Cross platform unification fail much?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

nom epique posted:

why the HECK aren't apple OS wallpapers on the IPAD???? Cross platform unification fail much?

https://512pixels.net/projects/default-mac-wallpapers-in-5k/

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Thanks for the heads up but these don’t transition light to dark!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

nom epique posted:

Thanks for the heads up but these don’t transition light to dark!

They removed that from iOS too for some reason.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

TVs Ian posted:

They removed that from iOS too for some reason.

Oh ffs!!!!!

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Bro How do I stop from defaulting back into pencil view whenever I try to type something. It brings up the tiny, pencil keyboard. Not the vibe.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Not a big fan of the new Lock Screen clock.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

nom epique posted:

Bro How do I stop from defaulting back into pencil view whenever I try to type something. It brings up the tiny, pencil keyboard. Not the vibe.
Oh yeah I need this too for when I tryhard on Jackbox games that have a drawing component.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Anyone cop the new pro?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

nom epique posted:

Drag the keyboard to the bottom of the screen

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

nom epique posted:

Anyone cop the new pro?

yeah I got the 12.9 256. heavier than my 2018 regular iPad, and heavier than the 2017 12.9 Pro I gave my father.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Fate Accomplice posted:

yeah I got the 12.9 256. heavier than my 2018 regular iPad, and heavier than the 2017 12.9 Pro I gave my father.

you saying its bad?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Question Mark Mound posted:

Oh yeah I need this too for when I tryhard on Jackbox games that have a drawing component.

Thanks for reminding me about this, I'm going to steal my kid's iPad next time I go out to some nerd convention.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

nom epique posted:

you saying its bad?

it's an iPad Pro that's faster than all the previous models - that's given.

I use it as much as I've used all my other iPads, this one's just heavier.

if you've had an iPad before, this one won't change your life.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Wtf. The analogue clock icon is animated on my home screen :captainpop:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

Wtf. The analogue clock icon is animated on my home screen :captainpop:

OK this is new for iOS 7

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Has anybody else tried the T-Mobile $10 for 5 GB for 150 days plan and had it just... not cut off when you hit your limit? I've checked the account to make sure it wasn't showing another charge or auto-renew or anything like that, and it's been several days since I hit 5 GB. (I also tried downloading a 10 GB test file to make sure it wasn't just the data tracking being a little bit off.)

Cellular Plan info in the iPad settings shows 0 bytes left on the plan, but it keeps going just fine.

I'm certainly not complaining, it's just weird.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

OK this is new for iOS 7

They don't have that in the newest Android..

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ihmemies posted:

They don't have that in the newest Android..

This is a lie, animated homescreen clocks was there from day 1 in android. The first time I ever saw a friend's android phone, it looked like this:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

This is a lie, animated homescreen clocks was there from day 1 in android. The first time I ever saw a friend's android phone, it looked like this:

KILL IT WITH FIRE

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't know which flavor of android this is, I've only been an iOS user, but I remember these HTC devices and this weather widget being like the pinnacle of mobile design:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

The Dave posted:

I don't know which flavor of android this is, I've only been an iOS user, but I remember these HTC devices and this weather widget being like the pinnacle of mobile design:

HTC Legend and Desire iirc, they were pretty cool devices back in the early smartphoning days

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

The Dave posted:

That skin is platform agnostic, it was the same on windows mobile 5 or android. It was made by SPB if i remember correctly.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

They are widgets, not icons. This is just a regular icon.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

They are widgets, not icons. This is just a regular icon.

If it’s an animated icon that conveys info, it’s a widget :science:

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I've had an animated Clock icon on my Android for years, and it's not a widget. The Calendar app shows the correct date as well!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

SlowBloke posted:

That skin is platform agnostic, it was the same on windows mobile 5 or android. It was made by SPB if i remember correctly.

it was made by htc as a part of senseui and they used it on both their winmo and android devices. they tried really hard to not make winmo suck rear end on touchscreens…
it was popular enough that basically everyone else made their own version of it, and iirc the early android market days there were a ton of widgets just straight up ripping those assets.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

sleepwalkers posted:

it was made by htc as a part of senseui and they used it on both their winmo and android devices. they tried really hard to not make winmo suck rear end on touchscreens…
it was popular enough that basically everyone else made their own version of it, and iirc the early android market days there were a ton of widgets just straight up ripping those assets.

Early HTC android and winmo5 had spb software in the stock image(at least in my locale), touchflo/senseui were done years later. I think I considered it a cool value add compared to my i-mate of that era.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My iPad is unable to send messages or sync messages between devices for people who are dirty dirty Green Bubblers. Is there a certain switch in Settings that I’m overlooking?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

buglord posted:

My iPad is unable to send messages or sync messages between devices for people who are dirty dirty Green Bubblers. Is there a certain switch in Settings that I’m overlooking?

This setting on your phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Does anyone have good iPad Pro case recommendations? I spent $10 on some smartfolio case thing, total knockoff. The stand function is great, but I feels like absolute dookie to hold, especially in bed when I have to worry about the back flap moving around. Ideally I could find some slim hardback case with a little built in stand instead of the folding folio thing, but it doesn’t seem like such a thing exists.