Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

japtor posted:

Some other little things:
You can split and unsplit the keyboard with a horizontal pinch gesture on it, or slide up with the bottom right key.

Holy poo poo you just blew my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Hold down your e key

This I knew though :)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

hypersleep posted:

It's very bright, and almost too flat in some apps. As has been said by everyone everywhere, some of the app icons are pretty bad. Overall, though, I'm a fan of the simplicity and minimalism.

That super white UI, though... If you're in a dark room or using your iOS device outside at night, you're going to need to lower the brightness significantly to avoid the staring-into-the-sun effect.

Edit: They've posted a video: http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/24/hands-on-video-apples-ios-7-for-ipad/

Yeah I like the redesign but I hope they include an option to either change the theme to something darker or some setting that automatically darkens the theme during the night, but they probably won't do that because Apple and because they have the brightness setting in that mission control thing or whatever its called.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Screen protectors make the screens look like poo poo, the device is all screen that's all you use it for and you're going to cover it with some lovely $10 protector and reduce a lot of its polish and resolution? they remind me of those screen protectors people used way back then in the CRT days.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Zorklar posted:

When/if the new iPad 5's come out I'm planning on buying one and giving my old iPad 2 to my sister and her family(3 children). Good guy move or should I just sell it?

iPad 2 is still a very nice iPad, it's going to get iOS 7 support and its still a fast tablet, it doesn't turn to poo poo just because the iPad 5 is out, give it to your sister if she doesn't have one I say.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

TraderStav posted:

On that note, what are the most popular (and likely) rumors about the new line of iPads? I have an iPad 2 (that really is working perfectly fine for everything, except for low space) and looking to get another one either to give to the kids to use or for myself and give them the iPad 2. Or, pick up a cheap 3 or 4 after the 5 is released.

I totally know that Apple rumors are the worst rumors, just curious to hear what is out there.

Lighter, thinner bezels like in the iPad mini and a new faster processor are what pretty much everyone's expecting.

There are some crazy rumors like Apple is going to make it waterproof and poo poo like that.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

BGrifter posted:

Yeah, it's a pipe dream, but such a beautiful dream... :allears:

Such an iPad would be cool but only if it didn't weight a single gram more than the current iPad, the 4 is already quite heavy in my opinion.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Macintosh posted:

I think I should be good as far as writing papers go because I do have access to a desktop computer that I can use in a pinch.

A potential hiccup in the plan is can the iPad upload files to websites? If I wanted to attach my resume to an online application can I do that? If it can't do that maybe it makes more sense to just get a real computer.

Get a Surface, heh.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The iPad mini is selling more simply because its cheaper, not because people were waiting for an iPad with a smaller screen, which is why I think releasing that iPhone 5c at $549 is really dumb, if they wanted to capture another market it really should have been $449 tops but I guess Apple knows better than me.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

fordan posted:

Is there anything I need to do now to make sure I'll be able to downgrade my (nonjailbroken) iPad from iOS 7 to iOS 6 in the future if I choose to? I have an iPad 2, and the reports I'm hearing of iOS 7 performance on it aren't particularly encouraging, but I wouldn't mind trying to upgrade and see for myself if I know I can switch back.

If you try iOS 7 on your iPad 2 let us know how it runs, I'm wondering if I should update my moms iPad to that.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Endless Mike posted:

My biggest problem on my iPad 3 is that changing wallpapers somehow slows the entire thing to an unresponsive crawl.

I tried this on an iPad 2 and on an iPad 4 both with iOS 7 and didn't experience any slowdown or anything, it switched background pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
It's probably something to do with the iPad 3 processor then.