Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Heres a website that scales things to their actual size on your monitor if that helps

The iPad pro is super huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if there will be education pricing like on the smaller iPads.
It'll probably launch at 5AM PST like the new apple TV did.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think they stopped that whole "taking the store down to update it" thing recently. So we probably won't know until the second it happens. :iiam:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wait, so are you guys just holding the iPad over your head in bed? Seems like a safety hazard. Just rest it on your stomach and hold it up with one hand. I'm probably the weakest goon alive and I have no trouble using the pro in bed or on a couch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I haven't used my Macbook Pro in three weeks

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just how likely is Apple updating the 12.9 at WWDC? Do they usually do hardware there? I fell for the rumors of a march update so I sold mine and I want to buy a new one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does Sharepod still work?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It just did

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are these beats headphones for the back to school promo good enough for me to bug apple about? I bought my new giant ipad about two weeks ago and could probably be sent a pair if I feel like bothering them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Okay cool, I guess I'll bother them later. Hopefully they fit in my tiny ears

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

track day bro! posted:

The only thing I miss is doing the 3D touch on the keyboard to bring up the cursor. Is there another way to do this on iPad cuz I use that so much on my phone.

You can long press the spacebar for the cursor thing. I think two finger dragging on the keyboard also works

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is there gesture support with a trackpad or is it just pointer stuff?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just got the cheapest one from Walmart and it works fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Being able to background audio on safari YouTube owns

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You have to swipe on the side of the floating app now, it’s weird.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can click a link with two fingers to do that now. At least I think that's new?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The next gen pros will most likely be an iterative upgrade with an A13X processor and an ugly triple camera. If you can find a really good deal on the current gen models and don’t feel like waiting a month for a slightly better deal, I say go for it. I doubt we’ll be getting anything cool like an OLED screen or a second USB C port, but I never thought we’d get standard USB drive support so what do I know.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really hate desktop google images on any device

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wouldn’t it be an iPad Pro mini?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm not sure if its worth the extra $300 to you but the higher screen refresh rate is very nice. And its also nice being able to easily transfer something from a windows computer now that the Pro is compatible with USB drives, I'm not sure if the air can do that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like to see what the difference between the A12X and the A12Z is. They aren’t touting increased performance too much so maybe it just has more RAM and an extra core?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Where’d you buy it from? You might be able to hassle them for a small refund

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah a new casing, new screen, and a new battery. Arguably better than new

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I appreciate the bigger viewfinder when scanning stuff on the iPad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t you sideload emulators nowadays? I seem to remember people hyping up Dolphin for iOS a month ago with no jailbreak required

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
One handing a 12.9 has never been a problem, I just hold the back with my palm like a pizza box.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I used to like ComicZeal the best but the developer fell off a cliff or something. I’ve been using chunky and think it’s okay, maybe I’ll give Panels a try too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Panels.app can’t do side by side pages how pointless. They’ve been promising it for two years now, I wonder if it’s harder to implement than I think.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Since they started allowing external drives I’ve had zero space trouble. Is that a pro only feature?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if it will be another three years before a mini update. It’d really benefit from the bezel shrinkage.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think iPads have sold out quickly at preorder since the iPad 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I've learned this week that you don't buy the smallest iPad for people pushing 60, who knew?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There's still no weather app, just the widget.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I've found that with the inclusion of the USB-C port managing storage isn't such a hassle anymore. I keep all my mangas and videos on my little 256GB USB-C drive and that leaves a ton of room for games and other stuff I want to keep on there directly. I do have a 256GB pro so my advice might not be very useful.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

japtor posted:

I have 64GB and is only becoming an issue recently cause I needed to do some video stuff on it. Basically just putting a bunch of clips together and...not enough space left to export the project :downs:

What app(s) do you use, like can you open stuff straight off the storage without copying over in the Files app or do you use other stuff?

With videos I can watch stuff straight off the storage with nPlayer, with manga I haven’t found an app I like where I don’t have to copy over from the external but chunky is fast enough it isn’t really a hassle.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The backlight bleeding thing seems like a Macrumors obsession and not something you’d notice actually using it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Looks pretty cool though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if there will be enough of an upgrade from my 3rd gen pro for me to bother. It’s perfect already

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Still not enough to push me from my current pro but maybe the next one. Especially at $1100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Big slab is good