Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Pro Bros for life. LOVE The gently caress out of my big pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

That sucks. Return it and get the mini iPad Pro.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Taima on point with all of that tbh. I just use SE instead of 7 but everything else checks out.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Best Apple device. Future computer.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah dude I got the big USB C wall plug and a longer USB C to lightning cable and my 12.9 pro charges faster my iPad mini or iPhone SE it charges so fast, I love it.

Also, I am a huge huge huge fan of the Smart Keyboard.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

Which one did you get? I'm down for this if it really is a lot faster.

I bought 2x of the 29W and I keep one plugged in under the desk and one in my backpack. Very good purchase but it gets on my nerves these aren't the ones Apple includes. Same with iPhone+ Series.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

The iPhone plus has never come with the charger that would charge it faster. They always skimp on chargers

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah I guess my SE does charge fast.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Completely agree. Hell im in my 30s and ditched the new MacBook for the pro after taking both for their 30 day return policy trial runs

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah a lot of that just isn't true, at least anymore. Office has full Dropbox and iCloud integration. So does final draft, and my niche email client, protonmail.

I prefer Dropbox to iCloud for my documents folder but try stuff out and see what you like. I basically tested different stuff for a month and settled on what worked best for me.

Splitscreening is so dope and useful.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

That's why you need to get the 29W adapter. Congrats on graduating and getting a great device. Smart Keyboard with the other grad money!

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I got the impression there were going to be 3 but I could be wrong.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I was wrong. It's just the 2 models.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I didn't see a huge reason to upgrade, thankfully.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

How much did you get for your old big pro

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Biodome posted:

I just sold my old big pro and pre-ordered the new big one with 256gb. I can't wait. I'm thinking they are going to wait another year and a half before refreshing this one so it's nice to get in the ground floor. I actually use the pencil so I will notice the difference with the new screen. Worth it.

Yo how much you get

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I have a 256 gig pro and never break 30 gigs. Y'all know about streaming and cloud, right? gently caress y'all with out wifi

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

There will just be less of a market next year for a two year old machine and you wont get as much money. That's how I'm looking at it, at least.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Mine is 12.9 with cellular, 256gig and AppleCare (untouched) but I don't know what to expect. I'd be happy with $700.

Like I said, I didn't use any space so if I do flip it I plan on getting the least storage (or maybe middle tier) and no cellular, since in the year I've had the device I've never used it. I had thought maybe I'd get in a situation where popping my SIM card out my phone and into the ipad would happen but my tmo hot spot from my phone has mad data and the situation never arose.

GoldfishStew fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 8, 2017

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

For those that had the generation before it and get this new one, can you please post an honest compare and contrast?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I know about that stuff but I mean like day to day, hands on difference. I am pretty much decided to upgrade just in terms of the flip value factor, but want to know if I should expect to see a difference in real world use.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Thanks dude.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

What health data is so sensitive on an iPhone? That you ran 3.2 miles?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

The health app is such a loving mess I'm just not sure what benefits I would get with plugging my data into it.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah not trying to pile on this guy but gently caress his dumb rear end. I love my keyboard it's awesome.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I love my 12.9 pro keyboard. It's a full keyboard that is a cover. It's amazing.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Gotta say, the one thing that bugs me on my iPad Pro 12.9 is that this little grey bar appears at the bottom with shortcuts...that I never use...and it often blocks actual things in apps that I need. Like right now I'm split screening with awful app taking up 3/4 and Messenger taking up 1/4 and the shortcut thing is cover-- OK, actually I guess it just pushes the apps up but still I dont need it and it's a pain to to hide it because every time you type it comes back.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I am on the Smart Keyboard (WHICH I LOVE) but will try that. Thanks.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Why did the prices on the iPads increase by $50 yesterday?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Weedle posted:

I posted about how the iPhone SE is the best phone, but do they call me GoldfishStew the SE lover? I posted about rolling my own cloud sync solution, but do they call me GoldfishStew the iCloud hater?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I really can't stand split screening/multitasking now on my iPad Pro. Dragging feels weird to me in general now. Especially on my SE, I am now garbage at rearranging icons.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

How. I have tried this and it just tries putting them in a folder.

Not trying to be dramatic but worst ios update in a long, long time.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Alarms on the phone are poo poo, too. Takes me a few seconds longer to set something now than it used to. I really didnt need seconds.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah I really preferred the old split screening on my 12.9 Pro. It feels way clunkier now.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

OK on the pro when I'm in an app and then I swipe up the dock, drag another app to float over it, how do I get rid of that floating app when I'm down with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Thank you!