Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

I got annoyed the other day at IE fixing "Sharepoint" to "SharePoint" or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

I went from a 3 to an Air1 and I find the performance to feel great, being a nice boost from the old 3. It seems like a fine MomPad to me.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

rio posted:

I am separated from my wife but we are still able to use different credit cards to buy apps, and download apps for free if one of us bought it and the other hasn't. It is really useful trying to make sure we don't have to double dip on apps for our daughter. So unless I am missing something i think it works fairly well for non-traditional families.

Is there some trick to setting it up this way? Going to set it up, it says right away that the organizer agrees to pay for everything.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Civ6 is bad and being on the iPad won't save it. It'll need a couple expansions to be a decent game, as is the way of Civs.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

On the other hand, if you’re looking for longevity, I personally wouldn’t count on the Air 2 for much longer. The original Air has moved to “pretty poo poo” in the last two months, imo.

Nah, it hasn't, mine's still running nicely on iOS11.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Holy crap, I hadn't even realized that ancient iPads were still worth anything significant. Best Buy is offering $80 for my wife's iPad 3. Since there's nothing I really want from BB right now, is there anywhere else with good trade-in values on them?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I’m going to disagree with this, depending on a person's view of “fine”. I had an Air from close to release until last week, when I got a Pro. The amount of (I’m guessing) swapping out of stuff due to less RAM had gotten really noticeable. Even two tabs of SA pages had constant reloads. Many Amazon search pages were just barely functional. Control Center was borderline painful to bring up. If I accidentally brought up Music in the split pane thing it was basically non-responsive for five seconds.

All these were work-aroundable, but it’s not much hyperbole to say the Pro is a different experience, imo.

I don't have any problems like this on my Air 1. I mean, I'm sure the Pro is beastly in comparison, but for the light usage I put onto the Air, such as several Safari tabs, Awful.app, Discord, Tweetbot, etc, it's fine.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

My Air1 is still going strong. It's plenty for the light duty I give it.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It’s almost painful to use outside of the Music app it’s so slow. Good thing it’s in the kitchen so if you have to open Settings you can make a sandwich while you wait for it to become responsive!

Is something wrong with it? Mine's still mostly snappy outside of starting larger apps, and Settings opens more ore less instantly. Or did I miss :thejoke:?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

The problem with the camera bump is that it makes a case a requirement. The drat thing won't sit flat on a table and snags being pulled out of a pocket.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

MrBond posted:

the laminated screen on the air really is quite a bit nicer, and it also ends up thinner as a result

$500 used to be the standard price point for the ipad, it's not like it's some unconscionable number

Yeah, I quite like mine. Didn't need a pro, but wanted the nicer screen, so there's your purpose.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

I used to think I somehow killed watches, so I stopped wearing them for like 15 years. Fortunately, that seems to have done it, since my fruit watch is still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

and even then, the pro at least has a massive footprint in laptop mode for its size, it’s essentially unusable on a plane or a lap.

According to this thread, no laptop I've ever owned has been usable on a plane, but I've used them all on planes :thunk: