Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Thwomp posted:

Speaking of iOS 10, with all the 3D Touch features, do you think this would mean 3D Touch is coming to new iPads in the fall? Maybe used to differentiate between the iPad Airs and Pros (3D Touch vs Pencil support)?

This is why I'm holding off on an iPad purchase right now.

(Not to mention, it's an easier answer to my internal debate of iPad Mini 4 vs. iPad Air 2 vs. 9.7" iPad Pro.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I bought the "new" iPad (iPad 5th Gen) over the weekend. Coming from an iPad 3, this poo poo rules!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ludicro posted:

Got mine on the weekend too, coming from an iPad Mini 1, the difference is night and day. The lack of a premium feel that some reviews commented on really isn't noticeable.

I kinda understand it, in so much as it feels like "just" an iPad and it just functions as a solid tablet.

I haven't used an iPad Pro, but maybe it feels nicer. All I know is, I can browse the web, watch videos, read comics, follow up on Instapaper, all without a stutter and it feels light and rad in-hand.

It's the iPhone SE of iPads.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ok, so, the saddle brown (or Black) leather case is the best iPhone case.

What’s the best iPad case/cover?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

This is where I’m at currently owning a 2017 iPad and looking at a Pro.

Not an artist, so there’s not really much I can’t do with the addition of a 3rd party keyboard.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Question Mark Mound posted:

TIL that the Gmail app doesn't support multi-tasking on the iPad. Are there any other apps that do that also support push email for Gmail?

Airmail. Use it on both iOS and macOS, love it.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I know the overall goon recommendation for the iPhone is the Apple Leather Case (Saddle Brown).

What’s the preferred iPad Pro case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Excellent, excellent engraving choice.