Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
took Noa out to pee before bed, and something came at us from the forest. definitely not a squirrel, squirrels don't move quickly and loudly through the leaf litter and branches towards an 80lb dog and human like that. Noa's hair went up all down her back and she started growling loudly, and I bellowed a warning as she barked, which was evidently more than enough as whatever it was turned around and booked it back into the woods. Couldn't see it in the dark, but based on the sound it was making and the snapping of branches/sticks, it had to be at least dog-sized. I know we have coyotes around here, so I'm hoping it was that and not a bear because a bear would be A Problem if there's one hanging out in such a small forest and crowded neighborhood here.

But this absolutely makes me think Noa has some German Shepherd in her, with the way she went into defensive mode, totally reminds me of how german shepherds are when they're ready to fight. She got lots of pets and treats for being such a good alert doggo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Idk where you live, but if you have armadillos the way they force themselves through the underbrush sounds like a loving bear approaching, and they will trundle right toward you until yelled at like that. May not need to worry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
outside boston, so unfortunately(?) not an armadillo

maybe a porcupine lol, we definitely have them here and they are clumsy fuckers who also trundle blindly ahead until diverted somehow

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ElMaligno posted:

Dogs are so good

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando turns into a derpy anime character when he’s super excited about something, in this case a large squeaker that he tore from a toy months ago but still loves to play with.

Picking up the boys from doggy daycare yesterday. They always get so excited to see me; it’s so sweet to be greeted in such a way.

Sleepy pups after a long day (and evening) of play. Our duvet was absent from the bed because Apollo barfed on it earlier in the day and was therefore still in the wash.

Man I love my dogs. And yours too!

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I can't believe how fast the (formerly) little one is growing!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hey folks, I have a question- do you think Lando and Apollo are excited to be coming along for my wife and I’s anniversary trip? I really can’t tell.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

OMG OMG OMG.
First time walkies with this 5 months old sweetheart, transferred in from a shelter in Romania.
She does this "Imma hug your leg and melt your heart" thing.
It's super effective.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thats a gorgeous dog. Get that dog.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Look at this big idiot

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

can i smoosh that big idiot's jowls

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yup just know that you will be covered in a thick ropy slime from her flaps. That whole pillow was wet when she got up :kiss:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is blue buffalo bad for dogs? It seems like it's done Noa good but a coworker said his vet steered him away from getting it, saying it's not good for a dog's heart. I've never heard that before.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

There's a lot of noise about grain-free being the cause of the DCM in dogs. It's a discussion that probably doesn't belong in here.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

Is blue buffalo bad for dogs? It seems like it's done Noa good but a coworker said his vet steered him away from getting it, saying it's not good for a dog's heart. I've never heard that before.

Monty was on Blue Wilderness (made by Blue Buffalo) for seven years before I switched to a different brand senior food.

I only switched because I feel bad that he’s been eating the same brand his entire life.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

I keep hearing that grain free diets might actually be bad in the long run.
Which makes sense, your dog isn't a wolf, he's a domesticated house pet.
But also he is a wolf, so maybe?
No one is spending the money to find out.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Talked to a professional trainer yesterday who mentioned that high protein diets can lead to aggression issues as well. She was kind and used the word "forager" but let's be honest dogs are scavengers

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Captain Invictus posted:

if this is the entire conversation you had with your coworker, don't make too much of it. it sounds like he either didn't explain to you the full conversation he had with his dog's vet, or he didn't understand what his vet was talking about. if in doubt, talk to noa's vet about it

what he is probably talking about is the debate around whether grain-free diets are good for dogs. my dog's vet said we should not feed her grain-free food, but this is because of my dog's particular health history, so again, it's something that you should ask noa's vet

finally, blue buffalo makes more than one kind of dog food. some are grain-free and some are not. so if your coworker is saying the entire brand is bad, i dunno, he might not know what he's talking about

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone else have this happen?:

Dog: *does anything*
Me: omg what a good dog !!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yes I have a dog.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

boop the snoot posted:

Yes I have a dog.

No, Monty has a hooman

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jay Rust posted:

Well he's a good boy, so...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Luca: *blocks landing, preventing me from leaving*
Me: *sits down, gives a billion scritches*

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The sheer amount of dog fur on your clothing feels right and good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

What dog?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

The sheer amount of dog fur on your clothing feels right and good

My Mondeo has the standard black cloth upholstery on the front seats, and luxurious white carpet for the back.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:3:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I don’t think there has ever been a dog who likes going for car rides more than Lando. He is absolutely obsessed with it and just freaks out with joy every time he figures out he’s about to get in the car. Then he hops in and just stares straight ahead until the car starts moving, then he pingpongs between the windows before settling on the side that has the best sniffs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Point.

Counterpoint:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I wanted to get into photography so i picked up a camera and took a picture of Maggie that i absolutely love

Edit: gently caress it, heres a link

Somebody better with computer embed it for me tia

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 27, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Your link is 404’ing and 69420.institute appears to have certificate issues.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Certificates cost money, i think. I also dont even know if i uploaded it properly.

I genuinely only bought the hosting for e-mails and have no clue how to do a jpg. Imgur eants me to whitelist them on my adblocker or i cant upload anything, so, someone send help plz because i really like that picture and want to share it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

My Spirit Otter posted:

Certificates cost money, i think. I also dont even know if i uploaded it properly.

I genuinely only bought the hosting for e-mails and have no clue how to do a jpg. Imgur eants me to whitelist them on my adblocker or i cant upload anything, so, someone send help plz because i really like that picture and want to share it.

Just whitelist imgur, turn the whitelist off again?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Got it working, i did a innernet! Sorry, forgot to say i tried whitelisting and it kept giving me the whitelist message

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 27, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i was trying to take a picture of this chair to see if a local goon wanted it and somebody wouldn't leave me alone :catstare:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Oh my god that dog has mastered the woe is me look

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

There is no dog. Only Snuut.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I have been protected from cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
“Look at me, being such a good boy. I’ll just hang out right here licking my lips while you cook breakfast”

I’m not a monster

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 28, 2021