Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It’s probably a way to acknowledge you.

Humans priorise their senses sight -> hearing -> touch -> smell / taste, dogs go smell/taste -> hearing -> touch -> sight, basically.

That’s why Bunny the talking dog says poo poo like “smell dad today” instead of “saw dad today”, and says she dreams about smells and sounds. Have you ever dreamed about a smell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket here at the park

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I need to bring more water with me when we go out but he refuses to drink my water. Not when there's other water to drink!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Brisket is just an A+ doggo name combo.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

noa has a habit of stepping on your feet as she walks by. apparently this is a known thing black labs do?

Dunno if it's isolated to labs, as Great Danes do it too.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I have a giant lab Dane swirl and can extremely, painfully confirm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

About the only time I've sworn at Luca was when he used the same foot as a launchpad twice in five minutes, so GSDs do it too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FrozenVent posted:

It’s probably a way to acknowledge you.

Humans priorise their senses sight -> hearing -> touch -> smell / taste, dogs go smell/taste -> hearing -> touch -> sight, basically.

That’s why Bunny the talking dog says poo poo like “smell dad today” instead of “saw dad today”, and says she dreams about smells and sounds. Have you ever dreamed about a smell?
yeah but she's 83 pounds so it's the equivalent of a punch to the shoulder as I walk by as a way to acknowledge you, also it's especially bad right now as mom is currently tenuously healing from multiple diabetic foot wounds so the dog stomping on her feet ain't great

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
She can be such a fancy lady when she wants

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/dino_comics/status/1533548020842782722?s=20&t=PEas7w0uJM0puLCxmTLSLQ

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

They were stalking a rabbit and then Gigi ran straight into Bonnie once the rabbit finally made a break for it lol

BONK

also super pleased to discover Gigi is one of those dogs:
https://i.imgur.com/Nje23h0.mp4

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 7, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I gave brisket too much chocolate!
Oh no!
It's a toy

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
very clearly caught the squirrel/rabbit/car

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1535260453244387329?t=6tZF3gex7vDSGTQu_qdoRA&s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BREAKING NEWS

LUCA MET MINI LUCA

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

BREAKING NEWS

LUCA MET MINI LUCA

WHAT HAS SCIENCE WROUGHT?!

(Also, pet it.)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

MrYenko posted:

WHAT HAS SCIENCE WROUGHT?!

(Also, pet it.)

Conduct a science experiment- rub Miniluca’s tummy and see if Luca’s leg starts doing that adorable kick thunk thing they do when you find their perfect scratching spot :3:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Guess who’s coming to visit tomorrow

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

BREAKING NEWS

LUCA MET MINI LUCA

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/dino_comics/status/1535664922608250882?s=20&t=mMlKgGRhltOyywM3vQziHg

100%

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rumi turned 11 yesterday!!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Beach day!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
look at your horse

your horse is amazing

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I always feel so safe when I see my “close pawtection” detail maintaining 360 degrees of security not only when at the park, but napping as well! I’m comfortable in knowing that no squirrels are coming after me!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

My purebred cucumber hound at work in the fields

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My wife and I are getting ready to move into a house. Brisket found and borked at his first bunny. Was mad I wouldn't let him into the yard to make a friend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dog rolling around happily(with sound)
https://i.imgur.com/A730Ffj.mp4

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo is very happy to be home from boarding for a week.

We stopped and picked out a welcome home treat on the way back to the house.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 12, 2022

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Oliver required pets. I complied.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Floof party. Nimbus’ brother and half-sister came to visit. I spent half my Sunday just hanging with these guys.

It got much better when I stopped trying to multi task and committed to messing around with these 3.

Taika is the little puppy, she’s so sweet. Never gave up trying to keep up with the brothers, going to grow up to be a true Sammy!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

10/10 would go to floofparty.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

movax posted:

Floof party. Nimbus’ brother and half-sister came to visit. I spent half my Sunday just hanging with these guys.

It got much better when I stopped trying to multi task and committed to messing around with these 3.

Taika is the little puppy, she’s so sweet. Never gave up trying to keep up with the brothers, going to grow up to be a true Sammy!

I wanna nap sandwiched between the bigguns and have the little one use me for a pillow

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I wanna nap sandwiched between the bigguns and have the little one use me for a pillow

Nimbus is part catte -- he doesn't like cuddling very much. Out on walks, he's happy to hang out with you / sniff everything, indoors, he'll play with you w/ toys and stuff, but otherwise he wants to do his own thing which is usually napping in a corner somewhere.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MrYenko posted:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

movax posted:

Nimbus is part catte -- he doesn't like cuddling very much. Out on walks, he's happy to hang out with you / sniff everything, indoors, he'll play with you w/ toys and stuff, but otherwise he wants to do his own thing which is usually napping in a corner somewhere.

Bonnie is like that :( she hates being the little spoon. She'll roll over and stiff-arm you with her paws

Fortunately Gigi is an absolute cuddle slut

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

MrYenko posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006