Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tier 1 Operator dogge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A Sloth posted:

My first dog, a Jack Russel loved jumping up in the air to catch and eat flies and wasps and all flying insects until his eyesight went. My Lurcher snaps at flies to. :3:

Yeah my old German sheperd used to do that. He would be chilling in his dogge bed and then randomly snap at annoying flies who came too close. The disgusted look on his face when he actually caught them was hilarious! :3:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Godholio posted:

Action shot. Also pictured is his parrot which has been empty for months, but in the past two days he's been gradually shredding it. I picked up two eyeballs yesterday.

I remeber my old german sheperd. He never cared much for any rubbertoys i bought him (except his KONG) But once i took him to visit my mother and her lhasa apso. The little lhasa apso was acting out, and barking and generally being mean to my gentle old giant of a German sheperd.
He acted like he couldnt give less of a gently caress. But then suddenly he found the lhasa apsos' toys, and zoomed in on them. Then he started ripping into them like ive never seen him rip into stuff. He just TORE those toys apart with glee, all the while the Lhasa apso was looking at him with a befuddled expression. AFter he was done, he left and went to sleep in the hallway. To this day I am sure he did that JUST to spite that obnoxious little lhasa apso.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

genderstomper58 posted:

Forcing dogs(who can't volunteer, btw) to lose their innocence is not cool or cute.

As a former K9 handler, I can testify to the fact that dogges loving love military life. I'd vager if they could speak, they'd tell us that they would much rather be running about utilizing every bit of their senses to the max every day and being rewarded for it, rather than slowly rot away in some suburban home with no challhenges or fun except maybe one 30 minute walk per day. Besides each dog is unique. Whenever a dog didnt respond to training with the right amount of interest, they would be given away to caring families, rather than forced through more training. Only the dogs that loved working would be kept for training.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah. He don't run, he comes when called, even with the hose going, but he just wears this look like he got his kite stuck in a tree.

What is it with dogs absolutely going loving nuts whenever they are near a big body of water, but as soon as you bring out the hose, they look like they are marching to the gallows?

I remember my big german shepard going nuts everytime we went to the beach, almost trying to claw his way out of the car once he recognized where we were going. But the hose? or lil kiddy pool i bought so washing wouldnt be so hard on him? gently caress no, he'd rather die!

I wonder why i didnt just bring doggie shampoo to the beach, and lather him up and let him go do his own washing!

EDIT: pic of said dogge:

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 21, 2014

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thats the goodest dogge

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I found my old PC while rummaging through my storage, and booted it up. Lo and behold I found some old pictures from my time as a K9 handler in the military;

This gal was a tracking savant. She fricking loved it, would stay on tracks like a freight train, never did miss a beat.

This burly dude was according to rumour a former police dog who bit his owner and got transfered to the military. He hated being in the dog pen at night, and would bark and whine nonstop. So we brought him with us to the barracks at night and let him sleep there. He was a big baby who loved nothing more to be the centre of attention, the only trouble we had with him was that he insisted on "helping" us when we tried to make the beds for morning inspection, by "digging" up the tucked sheets, and fighting the pillows. Dude was rebelling against conformity i guess.

We also had a litter of puppies on base. One day one of them escaped while the handler was looking the other way, and I found him in the motorpool, chillin' and gnawing on a bite sleeve.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH

Whats the matter? Cia got you pushing too many dentastix?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

USMC503 posted:

Dogge abuse should be punishable by death.

I wish it was illegal to continue breeding certain dog breeds. Some breeds just have massive health problems. Its mother nature trying to end their suffering every chance she gets. You got dogs whose eyes pop out of their skull or the king charles spaniel whose brain gets too big for its cranium etc the list goes on.

Its pretty nasty and evil when you think about it; Humanity purposedly twisted and ruined almost an entire animal species solely for aesthetic reasons. And whats worse, they keep doing it, and nobody seems to ever realize its actually animal abuse of the worst kind. Instead they have shows where they celebrate their horrible creations!

TL/DR: Humans suck, Dogges rule

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Neighbor rescued an Akita/husky mix coming Saturday, can't wait to meet him

Bring your camera or there will be a reckoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KingPave posted:

That face makes me think Leonberger - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonberger

Either way, awesome dogge.

I think he was talking about the other dogges in that pic

Speaking of wich, I want a Leonberger, Pyreneese, and a Bernese mountain dog so bad. I'm a huge sucker for big dogs!

Big dogges are the goodest