Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
Dog thread inhabitants.

I want to thank you all for sharing your pups over the years. I haven't had the regular company of a dog in my life for years now. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to live vicariously.

This brings me to how I could ever pay back that debt. After years of hard work and setbacks, I'm finally at a point in my life where I can comfortably own my own dog. My spouse and I have our own property with a fenced-in yard, and we both have relatively steady jobs. Not bad for a couple of lazy millennials.

As of this morning, another part of my dream has come true. A solid black female Newfoundland pup was born, who will come home in several weeks to be our Tofu.

As soon as I get permission to share photos, I will be back. Today included just a little too much emotional whiplash for me to feel polite asking.

This is the first dog in my life that I get to call mine. Not a family member's or roommate's. My living weighted blanket. My bear sized antidepressant. And I cannot wait to share her with you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

lightpole posted:

We had a string of newfies. That's a lot of dog hair! Great dogs, just not as couch and lap friendly as I would prefer. Hope you have a lot of water and a nice <65F temp!

We already have two cats - we are used to fur tumbleweeds around the house.

I can't guarantee doggo less than 65° year-round but there's been discussion of getting a little pool and/or sprinkler. (We live almost on the water but the beaches here are... Gross...)

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Well i knew someone in the thread would get a bigger dog than Luca.

Congrats!

Hell, she's gonna end up bigger than me! (I'm just over 100 lbs. She's probably gonna end up around 150 lbs.) I've been asked if I can fight a bear. I'm so ready.

Requesting Cow Dog and Mina. (Great Pyrs are so good.)

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Sorry it's been a few weeks, but my spouse and I got to have a FaceTime call with this little lady:

She is exceptionally laid back, and that's gonna be great because I do plan on mushing her cheeks constantly.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Tofu is home with us now. She was a very good girl on the long drive. The cats are not happy. And my spouse has decided now is a good time to familiarize her with the clicker, at 2 a.m.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

lightpole posted:

You should tell your wife to let sleeping dogs lie.

Trust me. She did not sleep last night. Despite my spouse's attempts to tire Tofu out at 3 a.m. by running around in the yard.

(Also, spouse. They're non binary :))

She's very good at doing the sploots.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

lightpole posted:

Soz, my bad for assuming.

No worries. Just looking out for my NB pals.

She's already tired of me taking pictures. Mostly because I won't let her mouth my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

For a spectacularly crappy year, this holiday season is treating us just right.