Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Animal buddies :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
This is what we in the biz refer to as a good dogge.

-Anders fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 23, 2013

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
That's like the dogge equivalent of this

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
My wife and I will be buying a house soon, and move out of our rental flat. I hope we can get a dogge when my wife gets some more time (and money) after finishing her studies. :unsmith:

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I just returned from a three week sail to Norway, and returned to find that this little guy had moved in. Say hi to Bowie everyone!

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Being in the garden is apparently the best thing ever.

So far he's been a bit scared of new things, but once he's had a closer look everything seems fine. We even brought him on our sailboat yesterday when fitting some new sails, and he seemed to really like that. :3:

https://youtu.be/zIlijPpS1WE

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Running around the garden tossing toys is a good way to spend an afternoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJDmhdcL7Rw

He's usually much more sedate, but sometimes you just gotta run around acting all crazy and stuff.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
After we've had him for a month, Bowie really seems to enjoy his new non-shelter life.

Just lookit that beautiful dogge.

He even goes hiking with us.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I made my dog a god damned hammock.

And I'm not even kidding.

See?

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Hammock update:

Hangin' loose.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

TBeats posted:

This loving owns. Did it take any getting used to or did your pup immediately take to it? I'm pretty sure my little dude would start spazzing.

He'll lie there and chill out basically, but if the hammock starts swinging or moving about too much he'll just jump out and go do whatever.
He can't get in by himself though. :v:

This was just an experiment to see if I could figure out how to sew a hammock. It's pretty easy it turns out!

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I'm currently doing some training for the next four months, 350km away from home. And my little dogge. :smith:

I get to go home in the weekends though. :unsmith:

Here's a pic to last us all until friday when I get back home.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
All dogges are the best dogges.

This is my dogge, patiently waiting to get out of our tent to go run around and sniff things.

Here he is closely following me after we broke camp earlier that morning.

In summary, dogges are the best.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I just dropped by to say that dogges are awesome.

That is all.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Do you know who loves hiking in the woods?

This guy.

Do you know who loves to chill out in the sun after a hike in the woods?

This guy.

Do you know who loves to catch crab on the beach and munch on them and refuse to go anywhere until he's done?

This guy.

Do you know who loves to go to a meetup with all the other adopted dogs, and the people that runs the shelter (that flew all the way from Greece)?

This guy.

Seriously dogs are the best. Also it was really touching to see him leap onto the lady that runs the shelter and shower her with kisses.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
We found a big-rear end dead fish in the harbour this weekend.

This is what it looks like when you really want to taste the dead fish, but you hate getting your paws wet.

Unfortunately no fish was tasted.

In conclusion,
gently caress you fish.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

TBeats posted:

Monty has suddenly started yacking his food back up pretty regularly, maybe three times a week or so. Guess I should get him a slow feeder bowl? The pieces he yacks up are generally still whole, so I'm assuming he's just trying to eat as fast as possible and it's hitting his stomach too hard.

We got one for Bowie, and it really slowed his eating down, so I say go for it. It's a cheap solution if that's the problem.

Edit: No posts without a picture.
Korsør - DSC04501 by Anders Folkmar Belling Kraneled, on Flickr

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I actually walked a few houndred feet out into the water to get this pic of my dogge.

Korsør - DSC04724 by Anders Folkmar Belling Kraneled, on Flickr

He is a good dogge.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Mr. Nice! posted:

met a gal that has a half wolf half coyote and its a sweetheart. Not exactly a dog, but it wants to be so bad. She was over here playing with my two dogs but was skiddish about people. The only way I could get her to come to me for pets was when I was petting Ghost and Dakota and she thought "oh that's what dogs are supposed to do" and would come get some love just as long as the other two where there and then run off and hide from me again when the dogs left.

How do we not have pics and/or video of this?!

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
We adopted a dog from a shelter in Greece this summer.

We think this might be the first time he experiences snow. :3:
I'm unfortunately not home at the moment, but my wife tells me that he just went out and sat down. Looked around and marveled at all the cold white stuff on the ground.

(Click for instagram)

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Holy poo poo

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Look away if you have allergies.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Genocide Tendency posted:

I was in the mental health waiting room at my VA clinic a few months back waiting for my appointment.

At the time I was pretty much mid mental breakdown to the point that my blood pressure was so high they made me sit down and wait to see if it came down before they would let me leave.

Someone came in with a PTSD dog and he hit the breaks walking past me and wouldn't move. Just sat down and started pawing and nosing at me until I would pet him. The trainer gave his leash a couple of tugs and the dog was like "Nope. I have poo poo to do". Took about five minutes and he finally got up and would go with the trainer.

Blood pressure was back down to an acceptable level.

PTSD dogs, They work!
Hey man. I'm sorry to hear about your mental health issues. I hope you get better. :unsmith:
Can you, like, get one of those doggos maybe? That would be awesome. Doggos are awesome, and we don't deserve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Jfc :3: