Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

I can't believe I didn't know about this thread until now. Dog thread is amazing. I look forward to seeing more dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monty is real great

I live in a small condo that is barely big enough for me my roommate and the cat, a dog is unfortunately not possible for the near future. Maybe someday when I make more money, and paradoxically have more free time.

So much like I did until I got the cat, I will live vicariously through your dogs. Post more pictures. Videos and stories also welcome. Thank you.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lately I like to come home from work, smoke some weed, and read new posts in this thread. I recommend it.

Good doggos

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This thread is a balm for the soul

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

Sitting in Cafe of office I'm visiting, hung over as hell and trying to work a bit before going to airport. Looked out the window and saw some husky eyes and realized I was being page for emergency belly rubs.

This is Hiro and she's a good girl.

I live the most ridiculous life.

Sometimes my co-workers with cool dogs will bring them to work. It's awesome. They just chill and are quiet and then there's randomly a dog to pet. One of them is a huge Akita who wants nothing in life but to love you and to be loved in return. I want to steal him someday

Edit: If you are in a legal state or just dgaf, I highly recommend getting gently stoned and binging this thread. It's basically a lovely experience. I do not have to share, but judging by the cat thread in YOSPOS me acknowledging that I don't have a dog means it's like a year, maybe two, before I get one.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 8, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like this foofy brown dog

What's its name

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PenisMonkey posted:

Someone was very excited to be at chick fil a

Dog is my copilot

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tyler posted:

Anyways

My spirit animal

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Here's an album of pictures of Joy that my girlfriend took

https://imgur.com/a/WoM1WCz

I like the ears on this dog

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A question for our time

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Give him everything he wants you monster

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Lando fell asleep “holding my hand” the other night.

Certified Good Boy.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cats treating you affectionately when you come home from work is great. Kiska won't leave me the gently caress alone until I give her a good 5 to 10 minutes petting session

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Golbez posted:

Reminds me of this handy gif google made from a video I took of Pit Pat hunting a very old treat he found after I moved some furniture.

https://i.imgur.com/Gopvkby.gifv

This is amazing

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like your batdog

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Winter Rose posted:

She's got a world class snoot too.

Poor girl now has mandated weekly bathtime because the vet thinks she has allergies. Sad ears.

What a ridiculous creature

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I mean yeah, that too. But also ridiculous

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WarpedNaba posted:

I'unno, are bat dogs the good ones?

That's all dogs

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nullscan posted:

So it's been awhile since I've posted Mochi:

Well she's gotten pretty big, seen here perched on the back of the couch like the cats do, because she was raised by cats. Pablo is unimpressed:

It's been about a year since we picked her up at a motorcycle party on the west coast of Korea and the wife and I decided to go back to that area to visit.

Well just so happens Mochi's mom was still there, looking pretty ragged as the guy who owns the hotel she lives at doesn't really take care of her and feeds her random garbage:

Aaaaand in 100+ weather we brought back a little dude, we had to keep cooling him off every 30 minutes as he was riding in a backpack papoose style between the wife and I on the motorcycle. Eventually we got some ice packs inside and he was way more comfortable than we were baking in the highest temps in recorded history in Korea

So here's Colby! Another little rolly polar bear of a pup.

I'm pretty sure Mochi knows that Colby is at least her half brother, she has not left his side and growls at the cats when they get close:

We're going to need to get a farm soon, 2 Jindo and 2 Cats at present.

You and your wife are good people

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I want to squish those jowls around

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I fuckin feel you Pepper

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

This is how you get the poo poo bitten out of you. Don't pet unfamiliar dogs without asking, no matter how tempting.

Source: My adorable, blind, panic-agressive doggo.

Real good face on this doggo

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Good eyebrows on that dog

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Turkey Farts posted:

That would be Gypsy. Our 6 y/o BT/pit mix. She's a softy.

Sweet angel doggo

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

On my train ride back to DC I started reflecting and I wrote a letter. Probably overly cheesy. I choked up a bit while writing it.

Montster,

It’s your birthday on Sunday. You’ll be 4!!! Or 28 in dog years. You’re catching up to me too fast!

But I digress.

For all intents and purposes I’m done with this internship. I find out if I got the job by Wednesday of next week. I have a really good feeling about it, in my own Chicken Little neurotic way. It’s been a long journey since I got out of the military in 2014. I was pretty lost. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I only started going to school for the reason most 18 year olds go to college: it just felt like the expected thing for me to do.

But I was lost. My nose was barely above water, and the rest of me was sinking fast.

And then, on September 26, 2014 I took a leap of faith and adopted you. I didn’t know what I was getting into, but I knew I wanted to get into it.

I wasn’t in any position mentally to have a dog. And honestly, you could have had a much better owner for the first year or two that I had you. I was demanding, controlling, impatient, and everything an owner shouldn’t be. And I know you didn’t have a choice, but you did something very important for me that nobody had ever done: you stayed with me.

I like to think I’ve given everything to make your life great in the last few years. But the reason I’m writing this is because I want to thank you for everything you’ve given me.

I remember the exact day you made me change my life. I was angry. I was in a fit of rage and I was throwing things around my room. Breaking stuff. Fuming. You were in the room with me and when I saw you, it was the clearest mirror I’ve ever had held up for me. You were in the corner of the bed shaking in terror. I immediately stopped what I was doing and felt more shame in that moment than I can remember ever feeling. I finally, FINALLY, realized how foolish I was behaving while having the violent outbursts.

I decided that day to change my life. A few months later we moved away from Tampa. I still didn’t have any direction and I was still prone to violent outbursts, but for the first time in my life I really wanted to change. It was no longer a pressure release for me to get angry; instead it was suddenly a burden.

Now it’s 2018. I’m about to find a career and you’re about to turn 4. I continue trying to improve myself every day, and I thank you for that motivation. I can’t imagine my life without you. You are my soulmate and my driving force in life. You’re my anchor, and you’re the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

You’re my Montster.

That's lovely

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FastestGunAlive posted:

What are you eating ?

Really want to rumple those ears

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ahahaha I love that dog

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

This is Jawa. She is a smol pupper I am dogsitting for a coworker:

I made her an origami sailor hat as a present. It is too big for her head but she was a sport and held it on long enough for a picture.

I may or may not spend the rest of the day googling origami clothing items.

I love when older dogs get all gray on the snoot

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Winter Rose posted:

Just a happy girl with her favorite ball in the ivy.

The happiest triangle head

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Looks like a real A+ dog

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like when dogs just kind of lose their poo poo and start rolling around and flopping and generally being ridiculous

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What a ridiculous creature

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

I still have that military mindset where you’ve got to be a yes man all the time and if you get stuck in a situation you don’t want to be in then you’re just stuck.
This is a super hard mindset to break! I'm still fighting with it, and I wasn't even in the military, just always one of the low folks on the hierarchy. You will get better with time, even if it is slow.

In the meantime get Monty a friend, and post pictures of Monty, and the friend and Monty and the friend together

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PenisMonkey posted:

I was tasked to mush Pandy’s face. So I mushed it.

Now squoosh it the other way

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I refuse to believe that's not some kind of Muppet, look at that face

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Here's a gif of Olive eating some peanut butter.

The whole thing is great but the little flapping ears are what make it just perfect

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tiny but fierce

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poms are basically the drag queens of dogs, if you think about it. They could pull off a sassy TV show and or comic book

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

So last night, a certain genius refused to drop his kong.

Then he wanted a drink of water.

No, he didn't think it through.

"ALL LIFE IS SUFFERING."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pet him to make sure