Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ElMaligno posted:

Today I had to do one of the hardest decisions in my life. Magy, the dog I posted earlier, underwent an exploratory surgery today and the vet discovered cancer in her bladder. Instead of going the aggressive route my family decided to go the humane route. The vet discovered that the cancer was extending further in the body, bladder and urethra so humanly putting her to sleep saved her from months and months of agonizing pain. My family also decided to have the clinic dispose of her body, I signed all the paperwork so it was actually my decision.

I want to cry and feel miserable, but here I am misty eyed and feeling nothing and numb as gently caress.

gently caress this gay earth and pet your dogs.

aww i'm sorry

my dog died a couple months ago

we had decided to do euthanasia because she was in tons of pain and we couldn't help her and she wasn't digesting things but she just died in my arms on the way there

good dogge to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

Ok seriously, what type of creature is this

It looks kinda like an american akita?

e:Or maybe I just have akitas on the brain because the dog I'm in the process of adopting is one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

My attempts to adopt a dog are going well. Today I took her for a walk, played with her a little, and then she fell asleep on me. It's taking forever since all the shelters around here are no-kill and have taken the opportunity that offers to be selective in who they let take animals.

e: I think I'm approved at this point and they're just getting her used to me so that the transition to my house is easier on her which is fine I think.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

so i was at the pet store gettin some new toys for the dog i take home from the shelter on saturday and this motherfucker was there:

juvenile newfoundland, too big for himself :3:

(i hugged his big head)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I mean at that point you would just carefully put things behind doors with round knobs or whatever, arrange to catch your dog in the act a few times to administer the BAD DOG, and also don't put stuff in your oven and leave the house that's a bad idea regardless of what your dog does.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

here have some dog pictures

here is my new dog, we came home from the shelter today. she's about 2 and a half.

when she arrived at the shelter she was very skinny and had "too many fully engorged ticks to count"

but now she's here with me getting food and pets and other things every dogge needs

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Momentum tolerance exceeded. Shaking can no longer be stopped. Slobbershower to commence in 5... 4...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hello everyone I took this video of my dog when I came home yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9YlS30HWio

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

My dog barrels around like a moron for a few circuits of the downstairs then runs upstairs to wait for me to do the pets.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

On that note, gently caress that movie coming out soon that'll be a dog dying and being reincarnated like 20 times, even the trailer had me feeling tears coming on

What movie

I need to be sure it isn't one of the two or three times I go to the movies in a year

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Why do you need help

Are you inadequate to his pet needs

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

my uniform is ruined and is full of white hair

I have a nearly pure white akita this isn't so much a problem as it is the ground state of the world

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yesterday I got a haircut and as I walked back outside there was some guy just walking to his car with a chill rear end real terrier mutt thing just riding his shoulders, back legs on the left side of his head front legs on the right

I was too in awe of this good dog to take a picture though

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

https://www.thedodo.com/dog-on-train-1168387756.html

What an appallingly good dog

a year and a half old and still a very good dog

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

My big dog has a hurt ACL

She is very good and has taken okay to being carried up and down the stairs though and all of the other limiting things to prevent her from hurting the other one

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Please send healing boops, this guy split a pad on one of his paws and won’t stop licking it :(

I've had some decent results with cleaning it with mild soap and then applying antibiotic ointment and a clean sock. it cleans the wound and then the sock keeps the dog from licking the ointment off before some has a chance to absorb in.

also, sports injury doggo checking out where she found some kittens a few days before (mother cat took everyone away about an hour after a big snoot snoofed everything) she goes to see about a longer term brace next friday. she is not a great candidate for surgery since she most likely had the original partial tear before i adopted her 3 years ago so there is a bunch of arthritic complication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Can she still frolick and sniff and eat treats and get a snoot booped?

Because as a professional dog petter those are my opinions on quality of life.

She can do all of those things still! Mostly it has meant that she gets carried up and down the stairs and the walks are much slower than before.