Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

This is my new puppy Chicha, she is mostly a good girl but refuses to pee outside when it's raining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Your dog looks like my dog! What kind of dog?

More Chicha pics crossposted from the corgi thread:

Winter Rose posted:

Is this the right place to show off pictures of my probably-a-corgi-mix rescue puppy Chicha? The shelter guessed Australian shepherd and black lab, but my husband and I think corgi-dachshund-whatever gave her that long tail and black coat.

e: more pics

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Adnor posted:

It's been a while since I posted photos of Mila, so here are some comparison photos of the day we adopted her and today:

Ear twins!

Chicha has a ridiculous overbite. Undersnoot?

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Who's a good girl?

It's Chicha!

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha playing with her friend Beans at puppy playtime.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha claimed the guest bed as hers this week, so I put her blanket on top of it so she wouldn't get her smell and hair all over the sheets. Well, instead of laying on the blanket she burrowed down into the sheets and rolled around in them. This is her pointedly ignoring her blanket:

And on Valentine's Day, wishing we would please turn off the movie so she can get some sleep:

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Innocent looking puppy caught red handed on top of completely mangled (formerly clean and made up) bed

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Itís super refreshing that, even in the Dog Thread, I get that whole rush of appreciation for fellow dog owners that crate their dogs. I feel like itís just as important as proper car harnessing. I try to tell people: if you think every dog needs a doghouse, then you should crate your dogs. Itís the same concept!

Is it that unusual? I'm new to dog ownership but all the online advice I read said to crate, and most of my friends with dogs also crate.

This flirt is trying to distract me from work. (Speaking of crates, she prefers making a nest out of the guest bed to napping in hers!)

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

mrmcd posted:

I think my favorite part about dogs, is what a simple formula they are: Give them x love, you get 2x the love back. They are just infinite love generators bounded only by your ability to provide input.

That, and fuzzy ears.

Yeah I didn't quite realize how much work and stress it is to raise a puppy but it's so worth it. It makes getting up in the morning so much nicer when your dog is super excited to greet you and love you just for existing

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

My zookeeper friend told me that I shouldn't let Chicha roam freely in the backyard while she's still having some potty training issues. But the weather was nice and the flesh is weak and I couldn't resist letting her do this for a couple hours:

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha's in gangly awkward teenager mode but she still looks like a baby in this pic

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Who's a certified good girl?!

Taking a hardcore nap. You can't tell in the picture but her paws are actually dangling in the air.

Who needs exercise when you can just lay on your mat in the sun?

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

BORKARYS!

My friend trained her tiny ridiculous Maltese to bark when she says dracarys.

Sorry if these are repeats. Time to take new Chicha glamour shots.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Were you gonna eat that banana?

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

So did the dog leave you with any of the banana?

The only part of the banana she won't eat is the stem. Normally she makes a great composting system since I can give her the peels or freeze them for later.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Dog care question: Has anyone here ever used one of these instead of a cone of shame?

I saw them for sale and they seem to make sense, but then I wondered why I didnít see any dog ever wear one, and wondered if there was a catch of some kind.

I looked into getting one after Chicha's spay, but the guy at Petco told us not to bother. Apparently it's their most returned item and you're better off just with the cone from the vet. (Don't remember which models there were.)

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

This game lasted a long time.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I heard yíall like good boys

I think I may have seen your pup at OB this weekend?! Wish I could get Chicha to swim.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Being a dog is tiring.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Sorry guests. It's Chicha's bed now.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

She ate 2 pairs of underwear this week.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha extracted the squeaker from one of her toys and is going to town on it looking like she's in dog Nirvana.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha is 10 months old now and her jaws are getting real good.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Did someone say snoots?

Someone gave her a hanky at the town fair.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

More pictures of cow dog please, especially in your arms/squishy you.
Also has anyone seen Beans and Chicha lately? I do love wonky mutts with all my jeart

I'm so happy someone asked about Chicha!!

She is now a one year old proper dog who is finally mature enough to have free run of the house. We made her a peanut butter cake for her birthday. I think she's done growing but everyone tells us she keeps getting longer.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

those ears

ded

She's got a world class snoot too.

Poor girl now has mandated weekly bathtime because the vet thinks she has allergies. Sad ears.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Tendai posted:

What a ridiculous creature

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Science says dogs care about us https://ictr.johnshopkins.edu/news_announce/what-would-your-dog-do-to-help-if-you-were-upset-quite-a-bit-study-finds/

Chicha likes slides, but only when she can see the bottom.

https://i.imgur.com/F8JLgUh.mp4

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

Chicha and her looong snoot are back! Yay

Play with me OR ELSE

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Steezo posted:

You played with her right?

Anyway, here's Ushi in a rare moment, looking devious. He had barely noticed that I was paying attention but hadn't yet jumped down to try and trip me as he mugs for pettins

Of course, I'm not a monster.

Haha I used to live with cats and hoo boy do I know that expression.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Today I was eating a banana and Chicha jumped up and yanked half the peel off with her teeth and ran away with it.

At least I got to keep the banana.

This is her coming back for the rest of the peel. (yes, I gave it to her)

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Okay. I have to ask: are you loving with the aspect ratio of that photo? I can’t believe a dog can have such huge ears and such a long snooty.

It's just a normal phone photo of a dog with very special proportions

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Get well, sick puppers

My teenage brother in law who has no experience with dogs came to visit. He started giving Chicha a belly rub and was like, "Am I doing this right?"

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

I went out of town for a few days, so here's Chicha playing with the neighbors taking care of her.

https://i.imgur.com/g1pRzuL.mp4

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha just relocates...elsewhere when we try.

We bought her a big ole Costco dog bed this weekend. This is her arranging it to the perfect level of floof.

God I love spoiling her

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Just a happy girl with her favorite ball in the ivy.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Been traveling too much to take Chicha pics. So have my brother's dog instead.

Not pictured: fat sausage body with teeny little stump legs.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha trying to get all that terrible water off of her after a bath. Unfortunately we found out she has allergies so she gets a vet-mandated weekly bath whether she needs it or not!

https://i.imgur.com/kHusVP7.mp4

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This was Landoís look of betrayal when he got his first bath.

Weíve found that putting peanut butter on the tile walls of the bathtub/shower helps keep him occupied. Bath time turns into a lickiní party, and heís the guest of honor.

That's brilliant, I'll have to try that. I would do unspeakable things to avoid Chicha's betrayal face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Chicha looks like our neighbor dog's mini-me.

https://i.imgur.com/lmAAYvE.mp4