Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're good people movax.

Not pictured: the dog nearly tearing my arm out of its socket five seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gordian posted:

What's even going on there? I feel like the dog to human ratio is off.

You're right, there needs to be more dogs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

100% truth.

He knows he's not supposed to go in there. As soon as I opened the door, he started looking for a non-obvious escape route...when he couldn't find one, he went into "OMG I'M CUTE AND SORRY" mode. Usually he crawls under the fence, but I bought some cheap tent stakes (I was buying camping gear anyway) and staked it down, so now he just jumps over it when he thinks he's alone.

Edit: This morning he slept on the bed after the girlfriend left for work. We slept until loving 9:30. He is a pro loving dog.

My brother's dog does the same thing. He likes stealing clothes. He's very stealthy about it too, like he'll only do it when I'm in the shower. In the winter he takes the clothes up to his kennel to snuggle up with them, but in the summer he takes it outside to roll around in them. He doesn't chew the clothes up or anything, he just takes them somewhere else.

Whenever I catch him and scold him for it, he puts his tail between his legs and looks at me like he wants to say "I only did it because I love you."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's fine, he's just a big wuss.

This was back in April when I finally caught him in the act.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

polpot saved asia posted:

labs are the best dogs ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My parents' 11-yr-old lab, Doolie, watching fireworks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God drat that thing has stubby legs even for a dachshund.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

this is mimi. mimi is not my dog

If this was my dog I'd name him Marty Feldman.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is how he looks at me when it's time for a walk.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The salt on the dog bowl rim is a nice touch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every time my brother's dog walks up or down the stairs, he farts. Every god drat time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mousse going camping.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was gonna say something snarky like "heh, that's how my dog greets me when I come back from checking the mail" but then I actually watched the video. That's... something else :qq:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mousse scraped up his foot pads real bad while hiking so now he has to wear socks filled with vaseline :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hike in Red Rocks Canyon with Mousse.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't get it. It's just a nerf gun. I had something exactly like that 20 years ago except it was for children not dogs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Puppies are cute, but big old dogs are vastly more fun and huggable.

A big dog can help keep your bed warm in the winter. A puppy will just pee in it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

I love giant dogs because they're just loving dogs that happen to be huge and half the time they have no idea of their size or how to control it.

My brother's dog is 100 lbs and will always try to cuddle in your lap if you let him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really don't need an alarm clock anymore. I have a 100-lb labrador hopping onto my chest every morning at 5:30 on the dot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

I tried leaving Logan's crate door open a couple nights ago...nope! When he's ready to get up and to pee he starts by whining, then will quietly bark. It's just barely loud enough to wake me up, but doesn't wake anyone else. I wish I could get it on video, it's funny.

My bedroom has a hardwood floor hallway leading into it that Mousse absolutely refuses to walk on because he's afraid of slipping, unless there's a rug on it. So if I ever want to sleep in I just remove the rug.

Except then he just barks and whines at me :sigh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yep, that's labs for you. Mousse is the very definition of "his bark is worse than his bite".

e: he's a great hiking dogge though

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I put a blanket in Mousse's crate because it's getting cold now, but he keeps taking it out. Weird dog.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

http://www.demilked.com/dogs-shaking-heads-shake-carli-davidson/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got Mousse an elk antler at the pet shop a few days ago, and he's just been going to town on that thing constantly ever since. He has other chew toys but I've never seen him so dedicated to them. I'm pretty sure they laced it with doggy cocaine.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Old picture of Mousse and nephew.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I took Mousse hiking in the snow today. We came across a gaggle of idiots with three dogs all off leash, and they ran up barking and nipping at us, meanwhile Mousse is being the epitome of doggy discipline but I can tell he's afraid of them. I tell the owners as politely as I could to get their dogs on a leash, and they yelled at me and called me an rear end in a top hat because it's a no-leash park. We were about fifty feet from a sign saying ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH. We were trying to get away from them but their dogs kept chasing us and they were yelling at ME to stop so that they could get control of their dogs. Poor Mousse was whimpering at me the whole time.

Stupid dog owners are the worst :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

Bad breeding practices lead to bad temperament in dogs. And dalmations have generations of horrible, horrible breeding.

They also come from Croatia, and nothing good ever comes out of there.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hitler dogge

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Labs. Giant, friendly, just happy to be with you. Labs are my favorite dog.

Demolishers of coffee table surfaces.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

One of my old ones ate soap and a tube of toothpaste when we were out of the house. Not the smartest breed, but drat are they friendly. They just love being around people.

I mean more as in they walk by the table wagging their tails and all of a sudden whoops everything is on the floor.

Mousse loves playing tug of war, but he'll never pull harder than you do. Like when he's playing with me or my brother he'll nearly rip our arms out of their sockets, but when he plays with my little nephew he just kind of sits there patiently. It's so cute :kimchi: Labs can be incredibly smart when they want to be.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 5, 2013

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is how he sleeps. Always.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TCD posted:

Logan always looks guilty

A lot of dogs will completely give themselves up by just looking guilty, even if you haven't discovered what exactly they're guilty of. And it works, because I really can't muster the strength to get angry at guilty dog face.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The best lessons are reinforced with mental trauma.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mousse has been getting into my nephew's stuffed animals lately. He's not chewing them up, though. He gingerly grabs them by their necks, takes them back to his bed and lays down with them, and starts licking them. It's the cutest god drat thing and I'm going to try to get some pictures.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

loving adorable.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why would you ever leave a dog outside in the cold? Dogs are the best bed warmers :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008