Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

drat the man!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Carteret posted:

My next dog will be named Laika.

Strelka was the first to return alive, with her buddy Belka.
Strelka also got involved with JFK's dog and they had puppies that JFK referred to as "Pupniks"

:3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...well, this is something I haven't seen before.

e: Carteret- I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I had to put my little man down in December. it's gonna suck for a while. but she's doin' better now and isn't living in absolute panic. you did the right thing.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

inadvertently ordered bison lung wafers rather than cubes for my lil' biscuit Rhys and... uh...

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I get the pups their snack goods from http://www.boulderdogfoodcompany.com/
kinda spendy but worth it as hell. they're great for training since they're so lightweight and not filling at all!

they're pretty soft cubes so they're good for my dog who just had throat surgery, as well. legit can't recommend them enough.

oh wait, content- for some reason I'm in this one but it's the only photo I have of my brother's dog but oh man he's perfect. an Irish Wolfhound who is more snuggles than smarts. definitely helped my Ranger brother adjust to bein' back home. (for scale- I'm 5'9)
Dogs are spectacular.
:allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"you gonna eat that? you gonna eat that? you should definitely give me some of whatever you're eating"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Monty has very adorable and expressive faces. all of 'em.

good Monty :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

at the date posted:

I dated a girl for three or four months past the time I had figured out it wasn't going to work just because she had two adorable dachshunds and an Aussie.

I've done that twice; the first pupper was a border collie mix and the current pup is an 11 month old basset hound and my god.

his floppy ears are always in his food bowl when he eats.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

meet Frank

Rhys was mad as hell about having to wear a halloween costume, but :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

meet Newt! 8 weeks old, and absolute perfection.

he’s always by Clara, my older Aussie. she’s taking him in and it’s the best :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...we need to see if there can be even fluffier puppers though :ohdear:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

those paws :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Newt and Rhys are always together lately; I think Rhys is enjoying roughhousing with a dog (currently) his size.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

finally free of the cone, Franklin’s ears are able to live the way they want! ...floppily.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

*boop*

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it’s fine, I didn’t want to sit on the couch anyhow.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is that a kind of rabbit on the right?

couldn’t tell ya. he’s... something.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Newt’s gonna be painting before we know it; currently he’s focusing on supply transport :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Monty looks so happy, this is the best

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Newt figured out how to force his way out of his crate and is rather pleased with himself. dude is getting huge.
he also rolls with a posse.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/ClintFalin/status/979192780554678272

dunno how to embed tweets but it's delightful, I assure you

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

so sorry to hear about Brandy; it's great that you and your family gave her such a long and happy life :love:

eta:

Newt is apparently part dragon; dude dragged his hoard of toys to one spot and decided to sleep on some of them.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 5, 2018

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Newt and Clara in the most chill tug-o-war match ever.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...right next to his bed. ok, bud.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/capuffin/status/994973933999882242?s=21

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Newt is at the “supremely lanky” phase

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

lil’ man about to get Newtered

Cone photos to come later.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the escape goat posted:

lil’ man about to get Newtered

Cone photos to come later.

boop the snoot posted:

By contrast this pic is going to make the after shot 100x worse :3:

He’s infuriated (that sideeye oh man) but overall things are great!

He rested his head on my lap the whole way home which was adorable and kinda sad but :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I love her.
She’s perfect.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I got Rhys from a shelter a little over a year ago and he’s still incredibly timid. It’ll take ages to warm up to people (if at all) and he spends most of his time hiding under my father’s desk.

Slowly but surely he’s coming out of his shell a bit, but he’ll still flinch and run away out of nowhere and it’s heartbreaking. I can’t carry anything longer than a flyswatter without him running away (and he usually runs from those, too).

I just have no idea how people can mistreat animals, and especially dogs. They’re just... Such great creatures.

Sometimes Rhys gets comfortable, at least :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

is this a Newt or is it 4 tribbles that have been stitched together

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

My roomie for the weekend, LD! :kimchi:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

having dogs out in the country is terrifying.
having a neighbor who is stupid enough to think an Australian Shepherd is a coyote is terrifying.
desperately trying to believe that it was stupidity rather than malice, but please send good vibes to Clara who was shot today.

she’s in good spirits, but it’s still not great.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Clara, don't go play with Louis. JFC.

I’m so sorry to hear about Louis; he sounded like a great little buddy and I hope you’re well 💜

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Clara is doing well! stoic as heck, but I think I'm frittering harder than she is because cleaning out the wounds is :barf:

Photos incoming as soon as she doesn't look a mess.

A good dog-
Dragging a sprinkler through the doggie door is a hilarious mess (because it's not in my house)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Clara is doing great! Healing up really fast, which is definitely awesome. Unlikely that hair will grow back in those spots, but since she’s insanely fluffy it won’t be much of an issue.

Sam and Rhys are offended that they’re not getting as much attention.

And Newt has become the king of demanding attention.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Wait why doesn’t he have to shoot his neighbor now

my girl caught a stray shot out in the country last week. She's doin' great though so I'm not fussing too hard, though if it was any worse...

Is it too soon for a joke about protecting my pumpkins or...

Super Grocery Kart posted:

You’re right. He should definitely shoot him. And poop on his lawn.

I've been tempted to do both for the past 20 years, trust. I'm surrounded by idiots, but that'll happen in semi-rural Oregon.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

when Newt was about 10 weeks old, I took him to a food cart pod near my place in Portland, OR. He was on leash, as was a pit bull nearby. The two were palling around, it was adorable, and suddenly a German Shepherd ran up barking like a motherfucker and attacked Newt, which in turn set off the pit bull (which, thankfully, the owners had on leash and calmed down quickly)

My immediate response was to grab that prick dog by the scruff and shove him to the ground the way dominant dogs do. Some hippie idiot (goddrat do I hate white girls with dreads) ran up to me and started screaming about how I was abusive and she'd call the cops.

When I responded with "if don't you leash your dog you've got two options- I call the cops since your negligence is illegal as hell, or I pop you in the fuckin' mouth. Choose quick."

I was pleasantly surprised when the people around me agreed wholeheartedly with my statement because honestly, who doesn't want a puppy to be safe? (also because PDX is a hugbox and violence is kinda looked down upon)

Glad she retreated quickly because I definitely didn't want to break a nail. They're natural, dangit!

It's a giant bummer that Newt is skittish around other dogs now because of her dumb rear end, and I feel bad for having to wrestle her dog to the ground, but fuckin' hell if I don't hate people who say that their dog is "sweet" when they're aggro as hell. The fact that rear end in a top hat people can mentally destroy a dog within seconds is such absolute bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Double postin’ but I mean, look at this sweet idiot baby who doesn’t want to give up his puppy bed :kimchi: