Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Oh, you meant dogges, not hogges.

Moose keeping an eye on the natives.

Moose and Phoebe during office hours. They love when my mother leaves the Volvo doors open...

Walter helps my FIL and I move a broken tractor.

My 11 year old, Babushka napping with the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

My dog wishes she could jump in the fridge after our walk. Instead she just flops around on the carpet like a wierdo.

Either that or she has a weird reaction to the catnip...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Literally everyday.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

A vote for Dogge/Pettes is a vote for treats.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

In-laws brought their dog down to the desert for Christmas. His name is Walter and he enjoys sunshine, beard scritches, and long walks that end in treat time.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

pookel posted:

That dog is an experienced nonviolent protester. Go limp, it makes it harder for them to arrest you.

Does anyone live near Fargo, ND? Someone needs to adopt this beautiful boy, from the same rescue I got my girl at:

Whats the easiest way to get this dog to southern california?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sarah posted:

Dreams. Crushed.

Same. I have a female blue heeled/chow mix that really only likes big, dumb males who don't care about who is in charge. He looks perfect! And how great would he look chasing my mothers Great Pyrenees?! So great.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

go go go go go go go go go go go go

http://i.imgur.com/AM4LE4n.gifv

New mattress testing techniques have really improved.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Cats are really just bad dogs.

But I thought there were no bad dogs?!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Warning: Turn your volume down, this cat is loud

https://youtu.be/rhyuy2gMWhk

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Babushka turns 12 this year but this is from a couple years ago when we first moved into our house.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

BigDave posted:

You named your dog 'grandmother' ?

Who are you, the name police? I want a lawyer.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

The trick is to never give scraps *while* you're eating. Then your dogge magically appears out of thin air as you stand up from your meal.

This is the truth. Our dog gets fed right after us, so the moment we get up, she gets up and goes into excited spin mode.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I can't wait for my vacation next month so my dog can swim in the river. Then she chases chickens and pigs. Down in socal where there is no water and the pavement would burn her feet if we don't walk at 6am/9pm she is less enthused.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

TBeats posted:

This is Monty right now:

Update:

Monty reminds me of my parents' dog, Moose (or the other way around?), just skinnier.
Moose with his girlfriend

With His other girlfriend

With his other, other girlfriend

And finally with the T-ball team he coaches. They went 7-3 that season.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

we have a rule

one pic for each dog

now, it doesn't necessarily need to be one dog per pic. but if you have two dogs, you have to post two pictures, even if both dogs are in both pictures.

i just made this rule, but i am making it a rule.

you are in debt 1 pic.

I second this rule. Is that how this works?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

A couple of dogs were roaming around inside our gated housing complex. One has a microchip but the owner isn't responding to emails or phone calls.

Blue, the white one, is a male. The other is female without a known name. They are hanging out in our backyard with water and I've fed them some food. I'm really hoping the owner can get in touch with me tomorrow so they can go home.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

Pour one out for my gal.

12 years old with a life expectancy of 8. Out of nowhere, in her bed, with a belly full of Sunday morning crepes. Gonna miss the hell out of you, Bella.

Give them a pat and a hug for me today. gently caress, this hurts.

May the fields of steak and crepes always be plentiful, Bella.

Hugging my old girl now.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

When is the next lecture on proper petting techniques? I'd love to sit in on it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Mulva posted:

People are the worst dogs.

Cats also make terrible dogs, usually. However, my dog is the second best cat in our house, and we have 3 cats.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

BigDave posted:

He has only two faces, concerned and begging.

What about concerned begging?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Barcley posted:

Oscars for dogs would be impossible, since they are all tied for best dog.

This checks out.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

So many good dogs! Iíve got my in-laws' dachshund mix visiting. Say hello to Walter!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

Walter appears to be a good boy, but need more pics to confirm

He is a sleepy boy, too.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

mrmcd posted:

The face of no regrets.

That face is looking for the Triple.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Goodbye Louis, you were the best dog.

Gonna go hug my 13yo.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

the escape goat posted:

when Newt was about 10 weeks old, I took him to a food cart pod near my place in Portland, OR. He was on leash, as was a pit bull nearby. The two were palling around, it was adorable, and suddenly a German Shepherd ran up barking like a motherfucker and attacked Newt, which in turn set off the pit bull (which, thankfully, the owners had on leash and calmed down quickly)

My immediate response was to grab that prick dog by the scruff and shove him to the ground the way dominant dogs do. Some hippie idiot (goddrat do I hate white girls with dreads) ran up to me and started screaming about how I was abusive and she'd call the cops.

When I responded with "if don't you leash your dog you've got two options- I call the cops since your negligence is illegal as hell, or I pop you in the fuckin' mouth. Choose quick."

I was pleasantly surprised when the people around me agreed wholeheartedly with my statement because honestly, who doesn't want a puppy to be safe? (also because PDX is a hugbox and violence is kinda looked down upon)

Glad she retreated quickly because I definitely didn't want to break a nail. They're natural, dangit!

It's a giant bummer that Newt is skittish around other dogs now because of her dumb rear end, and I feel bad for having to wrestle her dog to the ground, but fuckin' hell if I don't hate people who say that their dog is "sweet" when they're aggro as hell. The fact that rear end in a top hat people can mentally destroy a dog within seconds is such absolute bullshit.

And thatís why I donít unleash my dog! She is one of the best dogs around humans Iíve ever met, but she was a rescue (at 2 years old) and she has just rarely been friendly with any dogs that require the alpha position. Gets along with my parents big dumb boy Moose, but otherwise feels the need to be in charge. She has never *attacked* another dog, but she tries to put them on their back just like you described. Lots of sound and fury for anyone watching.

Iím thinking our next dog needs to be a pig, and when our cats pass they will make way for the raccoon that will ride said pig.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

the escape goat posted:

Until the pig steps on your toes. They're the worst.

Thankfully I've not had the pleasure.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

One thing about my new place is it affords me the ability to ask this question:

What kind of little buddy should I get for Monty?

I was thinking a dog corgi sized.

What if you got him a wire-haired weiner, like Walter here...

Or you could always go with another Monty-sized friend, like Moose here...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Do wiener dogs shed? Monty sheds enough and thatís something Iíll be taking into consideration. Iím going to have hardwood floors and oh my god itís going to be so much easier to maintain than carpet.

We are in the process of putting in laminate and it is so much better than carpet. Apparently dachshunds do shed, but the wire-hairs less than the others. Nothing compared to my chow/heeler.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

Well duh, but I wanna know more my dude

Make sure you have a leash.
Bring extra water.
What kind of camping? Backpack? Car next to your tent?
How does your dog handle meeting wildlife?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Goddamn I love my dog.

A lot.

My dog is obviously my favorite, but Monty is a drat treasure.

Now, if youíll excuse me, my dog is chasing rabbits in her sleep and I need to reward her with attention and a treat.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I just realized I haven't shared my brother's new pup. I haven't met her yet as she lives across the country.

I've heard the name may be EmmyLou but I don't know if that's final

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

You missed your snipe but post your dog and all will be forgiven

Good point. Here she is sharing a bed with Evil.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 2, 2018

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

RIP Riley. Good dogge.

May he chase all of the horses from heaven's door.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Glad you are ok and recovering with your pooch! If I was a doctor, I would prescribe dog cuddles to anyone without an allergy to dogs for all illnesses.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I am so excited. This little buddy (on the right) is joining us for the holidays.

We got him some presents, including raccoons in a log. He is gonna have so much fun.

In other news, my wife's hair stylist has two pit bulls and they just had babies...

I think I need a puppy in my life.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

If you have more requests post em

Otherwise I'll just start going through the book page by page

Chow Chow and every loving Wolfhound you can find in that book.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I think you need a warrant to deploy those ears near a crowd. Thereís nothing he wonít hear

You can trust this dog though, he won't sell your information to anyone.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

When I got my dog, it took a couple weeks of talking with them before they let me take her home.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

ďPlease Human Dad, wonít you play some tug with me? Iíd be ever so happy if you did.Ē

Look at that face of joy. That happiness makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

It is so adorable, especially compared to human snoring.