Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hello good dog thread, meet Beatrice!

She's 11 months old and 92 pounds. Very sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No genetics yet but she's on paper as Lab, Dane, great Pyrenees, and St. Bernard.

We also learned just now that she has some really bad leash aggression and will require some special training. She was friends with every dog at the farm shelter and gentle with puppies and cats, but is absolutely aggressive on a leash.

She has a terrifying bark and growl, but when she got rushed back to the car was super anxious until we got home. Then she was desperately affectionate and cuddly for the rest of the afternoon.

By herself she's an easily-tired lapdog, and I aim to make it that way in public. I've got the time and patience

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Y'all look great and I'm happy the kitten is triumphant!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice is unfazed by blankets or towels or her entire dog bed being draped over her, and also is confused but tolerant of me trying to grab her tongue with my hand. I thinking a bumblebee costume is just the ticket-- it might be the only way she won't be terrifying to strangers lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Here's two pictures of Bea taken 90 minutes apart:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Look at this big idiot

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yup just know that you will be covered in a thick ropy slime from her flaps. That whole pillow was wet when she got up :kiss:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Talked to a professional trainer yesterday who mentioned that high protein diets can lead to aggression issues as well. She was kind and used the word "forager" but let's be honest dogs are scavengers

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Goober dump incoming

Edit: I gave her a small piece of an extremely sour pickle I had thinking she would stop begging if she experienced what I was eating. I was so wrong. She loves pickles now

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 4, 2021

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lmao that's great. Since Beatrice looks the same all the time I'm gonna show off a dog that's new to me too: Sissy.

She's the house dog at a really rugged local bar that I've been looking for an excuse to visit and finally pulled the trigger. Waiting for the wife at a dentist appointment, Sissy was a welcome addition to the smoking-inside-Trump-hat-wearing-bonjovi-listening clientele of the early afternoon

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hey speaking of Bonnie:

She's a regular at my wife's bar and will eat literally anything. She's ten years old and has survived mainly on Fritos and pizza and is completely happy and well vetted, if extremely piggy about anything edible. My wife's second favorite dog after our own

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I love the hard play time too, but every instance is a hard test to get Bea to calm down IMMEDIATELY when I've had enough. Also Beatrice will straight up wreck me if I'm not ready for it and needs to know she can never do it with any person or dog except me. She's been really good about it but it I sense she's getting too comfortable I'll yelp and shut off

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Here's a special hello from Beatrice tuckered from fetching 3 to 5 times in a row:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Snow Bea

We played a new game today where I would shovel some snow at her and she try and dodge it. Beloved rare game

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Sab669 posted:

If there was ever a tongue to pull peanut butter out of a Kong...

She had one of those shin bones that came pre filled with peanut butter and she loves it. However any trace of PB in the narrow bone has been long long gone

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

lightpole posted:

Working dogs

Is that a barrel aging rig at a brewery or are they filled with distillate? Nice cooperage either way!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"Just" wine lol. Does the dog mainly help with vermin or public relations?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I loving love Gus' neck chub

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Just gotta get her to open her eyes. Although that's tougher than it looks when she's sleepin' good

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh yeah Bea does that for sure

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice is too excited when she sees another dog but if they aren't visually detected she doesn't care that she's at the vet, or to be walked without me by a vet *sigh*

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
When you build a blanket wall on the couch but dog is so big she can still see you and judge:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How do you do that? Beatrice would look beautiful

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I just woke up to a wind storm that literally blew the front doors open after I was asleep for hours. I cursed and immediately popped outside and yelled "Beatrice!" And after a brief period (like she was stretching from being asleep) I heard her stroll up behind me like she was asking what the problem was. My Huge Lap Dog. I love her so much.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bea never really got into walks. She's a very shy bathroom user and likes distance and even a shed to hide behind when she goes. However all our backyard time is divided between my wife and I. She is the one to bathroom and chill and I throw the good toy and run around. I can tell the vet disapproves of how long her nails get but it's because her delicate feet almost never touch pavement -- just grass.

That and the fact she sleeps 20 hours a day lol

E: Beatrice, not my wife :lmao:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lord knows what this story tells

"Dad I don't give a poo poo if you're sick take me outside and romp"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's Guus!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh hell yeah

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

e: sleepy snipy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wait what the gently caress Luca is a foster

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice has had a vulvoplasty to fix her "hooded vulva" that was causing UTIs:

She's only popped 1 of 25 stitches and just wants to run and jump and play but has to stay calm and gentle because (here's what the vet drew to explain it):

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Small dogs are actually counted as cats now so sorry

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I have a giant lab Dane swirl and can extremely, painfully confirm

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

My purebred cucumber hound at work in the fields

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"Happy Tail Syndrome" was a big worry with Beatrice's giant meaty table sweeper too. I've thought about sticking a pool noodle over it lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

War Wizard posted:

Hello, I recently acquired this pair of ears with a dog attached.

She's terrified of everything right now while she settles in.

From the looks of it she's gonna fill in those ears and be a big ol girl. What a cutie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cm41Orijho

Bea is enjoying a short break from the nightmare heat. It's only 90 out today!

E: Tuckered herself right out:

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 25, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Dog:

"Hold my treat"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
He's already finished his wine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice would have made some rear end in a top hat a really good hunting dog based on how little she cared about the fireworks last night. She just wanted to play and sleep like normal