Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So i know I can, but is it legal to claim Kedah as a dependant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I found khazak from archer when i was checking out of my hotel today. Goddamn that is a big dog

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

h3r0n posted:

Big dogs are best dogs.

According to the owner he weighed 150. Also all dogs are the best but especially Kedah cuz she is mine.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Today is a long day in the car, 1045-930+. Dunno when Kedah will be able to get her real dinner so she got a 5 guys pattie in a lettuce bun. She smiffed and licked at it until i revealed the burger then the whole thing was gone in 1 bite. Then she started munching the lettuce.

Then right as she was drinking some fat loving kid decided he was gonna ask to pet her from 6 feet away after she had started barking and lunging at him because tubby snuck up on her. His dad was like 10 feet away not even paying attention to his crotchspawn. Kid was like 8 and probably weighed close to what i do. One of these dumb fucks that walks up on her without doing the normal hi dog i dont know things is gonna get bit i swear. If that happend im shooting whoever got bit because im sure they would put her down...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah i have lots of treats for her but kids will make her ignore them. I need to get her to someone to help. Its bad with dogs too. I saw her straining to charge another dog so i started leading her away and the guy walking his ratdog just kept watching as he walked right bye us even as she started going nuts. Didnt even bother crossing the street or walking faster. Had treats inhand too and she started ignoring them when the ratdog got within 50 feet

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Jesus all of the cute.

Edit: Kedah sniffed 5-6 peoples hands in a gtoup with no aggressive moves then a different person came through the door and she barked a couple times then settled down. During our walk we were waiting for a lady to pass through the doors at petsmart and she was looking at the small dog from 10 feet away with interest but no aggressive moves. Then the stupid bitch said to her fluff ball "she could eat you" AND KICKED THEN SIGN FOR THEIR VETS SERVICES TO STARTLE KEDAH! Barking and jumping ensued congrats lady you managed to gently caress up todays dog progress. She had caught sight of a half dozen dogs inside with no charging barking or straining.

Stravag fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 14, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Tim is a very good dog.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Yo this dog definitely needs to come visit my ferry

I would bring Kedah to your ferry.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Tendai posted:

Excuse me but that is clearly some manner of bat

I love your batdog.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

She put herself in self imposed exile after we got back from walking. I gave her treats but after all of the and dinner she went back in. I tried playing with her too and she played a little then went back in. I hope she just got overstimulated from petsmart. A couple of kids came in the doors after she had been sniffing hands and letting adults say hi to her and started running at her to try and pet her and set her off. She had been doing so good. No barking at anyone till then.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah i figured it was exile cuz she normally is sprawled out on the couch

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A dutch shepard mix. The dutch shepard is really a guess by her rescue because they found her at about 2 years old.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah's tail doesnt really wag unless unless theres food or a walk ourside involved. Or its morning and shes bouncing around on my bed to convince me its time to get up and feed her and play a little. She was a stray until around two or so.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

This is the best thing ever

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That is a very strange looking doggo but still should get pats.

I have to start training some new hire so i need to clean up wmthe work car, pull all Kedah's stuff out of it cuz im not supposed to have a dog with me, and because im spending 4+ days at a time in SC i need to board her until the newb is finished training. Anyone from charlotte area and know a good boarding option?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Like most dogs, Lando takes his half of the bed right out of the middle.

Im lucky Kedah only takes a quarter of it by my feet 90% of the time

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I have been trying to get Kedah more able to handle me being away for a little bit. Shes gotten to where she doesnt freak out for a few minutes at a time when i put her in the crate to do something out of the apartment, i thought she may be able to handle me being gone for 45 minutes. I was wrong. The door that has bolts holding it into the frame had been shoved out of the rest of the crate and was 8 feet away from the crate, she broke one of the slat "bars", grabbed her bag of greenies and ate the last 3-4 that were in it, grabbed her bag of bully sticks and had 7 or 8 on the ground all over and probably ate a few of those and peed by the door. Im trying to get her seperation anxiety handled slowly, but she is not having it. Wish i could do something better than trying to leave her alone for slightly longer amounts of time, but she starts barking as soon as i close the door so its reinforcing the wrong habits. I sat by the door for 10 minutes and she never stopped barking. Any tips?

Edit: i have a thundershirt i put on her before i leave and i give her some calming treats before i leave but it doesnt seem to help

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

She looks like a very goodgirl. Hopefully she gets a home soon

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Took my good boy Lando to a veterinary behaviorist today. He's scared/aggressive towards kids, and also has some occasional issues playing too rough with my fiancee or me. He's going on some meds for a bit while we figure out a good training plan, and honestly, I'm glad I did this. This is going to be Lando's forever home, and I want him to be a happy and healthy part of it for as long as he's with us.

Poor Lando. When i was talking to Kedah's vet she said use the doggie drugs to help with keeping her more calm while im training her to be more chill about people/me going to get groceries.

I think we should have a drugged doggie playdate if youre near charlotte

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well give the treats and souls you monster

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah so what the photo DOESN’T show is that this was the aftermath of a huge game of tug WITH THAT VERY BALL and then 30 minutes of chin scritches and butt rubs. I was actually only getting up to make myself a quick dinner and get him a Kong to chew on.

But go on, keep on believing the propaganda that the Lando Lobby keeps churning out.

I will always believe pupaganda.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its true. Kedah has spent most of the last 2 weeks with boarders cuz i had to train someone. Poor girl. I am the worst dogdad

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Picked the princess up from the boarders today and the trainee is gone so I shouldnt have to being her back for a while. I have my daily cute copilot back! The puppy hoodie is awesome on her. She made friends with the staff. The girl that went to pick up Kedah from the kennel jumped and clapped when they said it was time to get her.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Omg

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Feet make the best pillows c/d?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

Hi here is a dog

Ok see everyone in a few weeks bye!

What a very fine dog too.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That is the face of a dog who is regretting their trip.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think Kedah's favorite part of traveling is the brand new beds she gets to sleep on.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

If he gets in the water, do those ears double as fins?

This goodboi was looking for a neck rub before going to sleep in his favorite chair.

Current status: asleep and content

Such a good boy.

Kedah took her first walk on a pinch collar today with me. Either someone trained the hell out of her on one or shes even smarter than I thought because she was a completely different dog. Usually she pulls a decent amount until she goes poop for the first time of the day, today she was a perfect lady glued to my side the entire walk.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Lando is the bravest boy.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

EBB posted:

I gotta move a cat from the West Coast to the East Coast one way to live with my parents. What's the best way of going about it? Pet shipping and just flying her in my lap would cost about the same but I have no experience with either. If I do take her it will be a round trip for me.

I would go with a pet shipping service. They have em in the back of a van with ac and water and food. And you dont have to worry about the airline deciding theyre no longer allowed to fly in the cabin with you and have to be in the hold for no reason ( the airlines have started getting really uppity about animals in the cabin ever since people starting brining along emotional support peacocks and poo poo) so theres no risk of them having to sit on the tarmac for hours or being deafened by engine noise or even just freaking out while on your lap in the cabin.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thats a pretty good looking cat

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah doesnt make noise other than huffs and sighs 99% of the time. She has a decent deep back the gently caress off bark when she decides she doesnt like a stranger and they have ventured too close, and a much higher pitched roorooroo as she charges at hotel doors because someone moved out side of it or when someone knocks on my apartment door.

We're working on her stranger issues. I think shes just overprotective of me because her first two sets of adopters only had her for a total of three weeks. Me and her are coming up on 3 months together now.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Good luck olive!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Dogs are, in fact, the best.
I will have to conduct my own in depth research, but i feel confident in confirming this.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Lando is the employee of the everyday

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awww someone is a very good girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Little bastard highschoolers are running up and down the halls of the hotel driving Kedah nuts. She keeps charging the door barking to guard it.