Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The noblest of beasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

dogge can't walk across the house without a nap, a true gip dogge

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was barking up a storm until I turned on the camera to record. Also the lighting horrible, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdn5UknWmI

oh my loving god

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lifted from Reddit, not my dogge. :(

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I like to imagine that Dakota goes from full on run to immediately asleep, sliding to a stop after his little legs give out.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

If we're gonna do puppies with parents, its time to post bulldogges.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Met this guy today

He's an English Mastiff. loving gigantic dog. The picture doesn't show just how huge this dog was.

The owner tried having him balance a treat on his nose but he was too impatient and couldn't sit still. :3:

I once house-sat for a former Navy officer and his wife who owned three dogs. One was a feral mutt they had rescued as a puppy when they lived in India and he was still really skittish and pretty much refused to get near me. The other was a champion-pedigree Doberman who was very formal, coming up to me every so often for a few calm pets and then going about her business.

The other was a Bull Mastiff who was the friendliest dog I've ever met in my life and pretty much instantly started slobbering on me and leaning up against me with his head the size of my torso. :3:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Why does such a genetically disastrous dog have to be so cute? :(

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A Sloth posted:

My slender wolf loves to chill.

Had trouble tracking where your dogge's head was for a bit.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

how much has dakota improved your pussy game?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gently caress anybody who says pit bulls are inherently bad dogs.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Quoting for new page.

All dogges are good dogges, but goldens are probably the only ones that can truly be called noble.

Look at that dog. He just wants to sit on the porch with you and tell you stories about the old days.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Snowdens Secret posted:

My old roommate takes it as a matter of pride that he's never getting his Bassett snipped. drat dog won't ever listen and if you let him outside he just wanders off sniffing and peeing on everything and won't come back till you go get him. Roomie insists that's just how the breed is, but I wonder.

Any dog, snipped or non-snipped, can be made to obey via constant training and discipline, but actually taking responsibility for your animal is a bridge too far for most people.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

This is basically stereotypicaldogowner.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

GyverMac posted:

As a former K9 handler, I can testify to the fact that dogges loving love military life. I'd vager if they could speak, they'd tell us that they would much rather be running about utilizing every bit of their senses to the max every day and being rewarded for it, rather than slowly rot away in some suburban home with no challhenges or fun except maybe one 30 minute walk per day. Besides each dog is unique. Whenever a dog didnt respond to training with the right amount of interest, they would be given away to caring families, rather than forced through more training. Only the dogs that loved working would be kept for training.

what kind of training does a dog go through to become a sniper