Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Christoff posted:

I think I got that pic from a friends ~myspace~ pic in like 2003

Both are all "I can't believe I have to put up with this poo poo". These dogges own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

thank u :3:

i'm trying to learn patience with him and its really great :)

i got mad as gently caress at him a few times but he gets scared so i stop and think about it and i make myself unmad so he helps me a lot :3:

holocaust bloopers posted:

Don't be like my douche bag old roommate who was lovely to his dog. Good job keeping it in check.

Dogs own

Be good to dogs.

My goal in life is to be as good a human as my dog thinks I am. I figure if we could all do that the world would be a pretty good place :3:

This is Otis. He is such a lazy bag of bones

Here he is, blocking the door between the kitchen and dining room table, hoping for some prime rib and mashed potatoes at Christmas dinner

Yes, he got table scraps :)

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

omg is this real :( TRIGGER WARNING

http://imgur.com/a/KZvV0

Both my dogges were similar cases. Ollie was covered in scars from where they would beat him and not have it treated, and from pinning him down in the yard so tightly that he couldn't shake off bugs so flies would eat his skin and lay eggs in the wounds. Otis had been beaten, starved, and kept in a cage so small he couldn't move, and had to stand in his own waste leading to massive infections in his feet so he could barely walk.

Both got rescued by shelters, treated, and adopted by us where they were/are spoiled beyond comparison and ended up spending most of their days in perfect doggie bliss :3:

Otis at the Dogge Park

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

that dogge is ok, right? :ohdear:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

best friends :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Dogs who love babies are the best. My parents' first English Setter Lex was my favorite bed. :shobon:

I have a whole folder of pictures of dogs guarding happy babies. It is titled "Best Friends" :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Breanna Manning posted:

That's been posted many times already.

And I'm ok with that :3:

How about this one then?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

You kick that string's rear end Dakota!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Boxers act like puppies their entire lives. Big enough to look like a guard dog, but playful enough there is no concern about aggression. The best dogges :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Don't get him stoned.

Yet. He's too young for the herb man. That and every time I watch one of those "I got my dog high" videos on youtube I get really uncomfortable about it because people are obviously shotgunning to their pets. But I'm weird and we have a no smoking rule in the house because cats can't tell you to put out your cigarette. So my garage walls are covered in cigarette tar instead of the living room.

Getting cats stoned is fine to me though, because they already laze around and do nothing all day anyhow, and it's basically similar to catnip or some poo poo. Damnit now I miss Cadger (walk up stray) because that rear end in a top hat ate some of my bud. :(

It's common sense really. If your dog is a puppy or still growing, no, don't get him stoned. If he is old and starting to have arthritis and hip problems, hell yeah, smoke that dogge up and make the pain fade, feed him lunch meat for the munchies, and both of you zone out on the couch petting him. :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

This link is why dogs are the best, but very sad

you have been warned

Spends his entire life helping his owner, dies saving the life of the owner's son. You really can't possibly ask for more than that

Good Dog.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I don't quite understand the order of events in that story. Did the driver come back around for a second pass or something?

I assume there was another car oncoming in the next lane and the dog pushed him clear of that one

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nupfxo2ihQc#t=81s

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I recorded a video of Dakota and how I give him treats to help teach him patience. We're almost to where I can put one on his paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1aT7kuWFfE
You get halfway through the first syllable of OK and he has it in his mouth :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ghost bones posted:

dat sum reddit

Generally speaking Reddit is an awful shithole, the id of the internet and a showcase of our worse impulses.

But they do post gud dogge pics

He wants to trade his bone for some chips :3:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnAjel02lM#t=16s

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kitten Mitten now for dogs!

excuse me, those are called "Paw-tectors"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Restricted breeds which are not permitted under any circumstances (including just a puppy) include but are not limited to Pit Bull, German Shepherd, Presa Canario, Husky, Malamute, Doberman, Chowchow, St. Bernard, Great Dane, Akita, Terrier Staffordshire, American Bull Dog, Karelian Bear Dog, Boxer, Mastiff, Rottweiler and any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds.

Why are boxers on there? They are infamous for being softies, and were specifically bred so that they can't do damaging bites - their jaw allows them to lock on and hold, but they can't get their back teeth in the shear.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Vasudus posted:

It's an insurance thing, not a specific policy. They also restrict the size limit to 25 pounds at adulthood.

That would explain it. Boxers are hefty and energetic dogs

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Hi Bo

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Godholio posted:

Doubtful...wrong head and tail, and that would be a REALLY strange and terrible choice as a housepet. It's practically endangered, found only in South America, is undomesticated, stinks to hell, and isn't even a pack hunter. I'm not sure if they can even breed with dogs.

If being stinky, unable to procreate, and ignoring demands to do tricks makes you not a dog then my boxer is not a dog :colbert:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Wanna give him belly rubs

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen

You want tricks, get a dog

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

http://designyoutrust.com/2013/09/222-golden-retrievers-frolic-in-a-field-in-scotland/

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

those are all some good rear end dogges. and boxer puppies might just be the goofiest creatures in existence

Boxers never leave the puppy mentality stage, it is part of their charm.

The breed is basically known for 3 things: being very gentle with kids, being extremely protective of their families, and having the mind of a puppy their entire life.

They are very good dogges

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Idgi, we being sexist about "woman = bitch = dog" now? Post more pups plz

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Tide posted:

They don't live long :(

I really look forward to the day where genetic engineering lets us go in and adjust things so specialty bred pups still have all the traits that give them character, but without the side effects that shorten their lives. Boxers that aren't prone to cancer, pugs that don't lose their eyes, bulldogs that don't have hip trouble...

It's a good goal, I think

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

At least he got one good year

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Boxers are the best dogges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAkL3SD5zPY

I've got like a whole folder of "pick me up" photos of dogs and babies that I titled "Best Friends".

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Teamwork!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Of course it is a boxer :3:

poor baby, the jowls are so sensitive

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

yo Cole how is your pup?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Cole posted:

I got yelled at in the drunk thread for not updating so I posted this there

:)
Awesome

Cole posted:

This was her at 8am this morning. With a cameo by my hairy legs and cankles according to shim.
Good dogge :)

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Cole posted:

How much do you guys socialize your pups?

I did it too much. Now he is demanding to control the means of going for walks and the redistribution of my dinner to his bowl

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

There is a singles "dog bar" in Tampa. It's like a cross between an extra large covered patio and dog park. And a bar. The places pitch is bring your dog, meet other people who like dogs as well, get loaded.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

http://vimeo.com/109943349

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

zombie303 posted:

Someone here has a boxer. Post more boxers. TIA

I am too busy giving him pets and throwing toys across the room to do so now. Maybe later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Pope Francis has declared dogs go to heaven

Papal infallibility :getin: