Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

at the date posted:

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is the classic herding stance. He's not "chasing" the cat, per se. One of my Australian shepherds did the same thing to houseguests (and, in her early years, tended to nip their heels if they wandered away from the main group).

Nah, not a herding stance, he does that to my mother's dog. This is more of a bouncy playful trot where he half jumps then flops on the floor when she turns around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's raining and Frank doesn't dig that. Also it's right at freezing out so we're about to get ice pellets.

Just had Frank out a minute ago in the cold rear end rain. Opened the door and he held the line next to the house under the soffit, took a long pis and bolted back to me at the door. Gonna be a good day to teach him how to wipe his feet.

E: He's not having this rain/ice stuff at all. Poor puppy.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 6, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
watching a nature doc, River of no return, Frank sees wolf pups on the tv and starts growling.

daw :3

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE4x9seU6Xs

Y'all need to go through her channel a bit. She has obedience tutorials.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Holy loving DAWWWWW. :3

My brother took those while puppy-sitting. Border collies 4 lyfe.

2 more

cat toy on a string tied to the closet door knob. that's the view from my #2 shitter.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 16, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I might be needing one of these tennis ball cannons...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
fetch is the first thing I taught Frank aside from sit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
goddamnit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeO4rSwGRTo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

He flips the gently caress out when I pick him up. It's more a problem of him not holding still enough to get a good reading and him being too big for me to see the scale. I'm guessing he's close to 75 lbs or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBc6fKR_E28

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 5, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good point. \/\/

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 5, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
County defers to city since city is suppose to have the resources to cover. Also they don't really recognize it as their issue since the city annexed it a few years ago, but a few months later decided against because they couldn't afford to provide services, so they stopped collecting taxes from that area but county doesn't want anything to do with Memphis' sloppy seconds.

I didn't think about it until now but I have an acquaintance in another local town's police force, probably get further calling him.

City services here are all sorts of hosed. I technically live in Memphis city limits but it's a suburb with it's own name and Memphis only has half of it, the other half is run by a local mayor and whatnot, but it's a split city and all sorts of hosed up. If you really want to see a hosed city, politically and socially, come to beautiful Memphis!

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 5, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank doesn't gently caress anything of mine up. It's strange, this is the first dog I've had that didn't need to be told no every five minutes for something. I'll leave him with the cats, all sorts of poo poo laying around, the most he plays with is my socks. He has rawhide and busy bones "buried" under blankets and pillows, stuffed animals that he's working on ripping the gently caress up, I've even caught him playing ball with the fat clawed cat for a few minutes (they were just rolling it back and forth to each other maybe 2-3 feet apart). He has a crate, and he's comfortable in it. I've only used it as punishment a handful of times, when he was eating cat poo poo from the litter box.

Anyhow, I've left him for 3 hour stretches at the house, and not a thing will be hosed up when I get home. Oh, wait, no, he's slowly scratching up the cheap gently caress coffee table I bought before I got married. No big deal.

Once this cold weather bullshit ends I need to get to work on doggie back yard play ground stuff.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank's going on 7 months.

He's being incredibly chill. Roommate has a chick over with a 7 month old pit/lab bitch and they get along swimmingly. Frank's not being a jealous rear end in a top hat about his toys, food, water, anything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank racking out on the king size.

I made him and I dinner tonight. Pork chop, garden vegetable rice, sweet corn, spinach and a bit of shredded cheddar. Little dude got about a cup mixed with a cup of dry food, never seen a shinier plate. :3

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Awesome dogs.

Silly owner. I recognize that $1500 lump of kirby carpet cleaning machinery hiding in the back corner. Please tell me there's a flowbee that goes with it too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Frank. 8.5 months. 65 pounds of energy. afraid of everything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wasabi the J posted:

Got a dogge. Sputnik.

Border collies rule, dude.

He overtook the ex-wife's side. Good dogge.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chillin'

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

woof

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

blue merle aussie shep???

DAAAAAAWWWWWWWW :3

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I forgot to take pictures but I put Frank in my mother's pool yesterday, and it lasted all of about 30 seconds. Going to try again in a bit when I go to pick him up from chilling all day with the brittany spaniel that's absolutely chickenshit of all things wet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

My dad did that to my border collie when she was a pup and now she barely goes into the water. What I'm sayin is that you should let Frank go into the water on his own accord.

He's 10 months old and 70 pounds. He's just skittish of it like he is everything else. Wanted nothing to do with the outside when anyone was bouncing a basketball nearby, now he's the rebound hound. Hated riding in the car, now likes riding shotgun. Scared of the vacuum, and now, well, still scared of the vacuum. But still, baby steps.

He stepped into the pool with his front feet today on the stairs going into the pool. The water is still about 75 degrees, maybe he'll be a bit happier about it when it warms up another 10 degrees.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

75 pounds as of last week, 11 months old on wednesday

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 29, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Irreparable second hand marihuana smoke damage

Frank doesn't hit the bong, and second hand is not enough to intoxicate. I may smoke in the house but the fan's on, a candle is burning, and often have the front door open so I can have some fresh, hot, moist, southern air into this godforsaken house. Oh, and a window in my bedroom, so there's airflow.

Frank's chill as gently caress most of the time. He goes to visit my mother's dog usually daily, stays a night or so a week (work schedule depending). He runs her brittany in circles. Came from a pretty lovely situation when he was rescued and when I got him he was afraid of EVERYTHING. Now he's only afraid of most things. Mild mannered. Mellow temper. Barks at nothing sometimes but what dog doesn't.

He's always been really hesitant unless he's already comfortable with where he's going or what he's doing. Figures I'd get a dog with anxiety problems as hosed up as mine.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In that vein, I don't know what the gently caress, but he's so chill it's ridiculous. We go for walks and he gets a bunch of running in, even in my dinky-rear end less than 1/4 acre lot.

Realistically, he doesn't need a leash much anymore, but there's still times he slips on some commands.

The cats loving hate him though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
FRANK!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank and Jake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfWgqaIWoMg

Frank turns 1 on/about august 2nd. Jake is a 5 year old brittany spaniel clocking in at about 48 pounds. Frank's right on at 80 pounds. And yes, I know he needs a trim.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Holy loving lol that's awesome.

Time to hunt down a zebra mask for Frank.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank shook hands today. On the command, "Michael J Fox".

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
find a bulldog with 3 legs, 1 eye and no nuts

call him lucky.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
or cerberdurr.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
man, I bought Frank a nice little dog bed a few months ago and the loving cats overtook it.

doesn't matter, Frank's all about chilling on the king size.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
so I never really thought to look it up and apparently my memory was garbage, but I guess border collies are usually in the 30-45 pound range. Frank's pushing 85 pounds, and that's not fat.

not sure what he could be mixed with that would keep the traits but double the size, and I don't really care because he's awesome being as a supersized border collie. the only thing I don't see him do much of is stalk like a border, but that's more due to a bird dog being his buddy for the past 9 months.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
for the longest time I thought males topped out around 70 pounds so I wasn't surprised when he got that big. then he hit 80 pounds and I started to wonder. surely there's something else in there. he's probably around 26 inches at the shoulder tall. need to find a tape measure.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
yeah, whatever he's mixed with really just gave him the size. although he does seem to have a collie sized head for such a big body.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank can pretty well handle himself near the door. He's still a spastic rear end about getting all up in peoples' faces about 3 steps in, but he never bolts out and handles himself extremely well when off leash putzing in the front yard.

He has escaped from my mothers' yard a few times, but always comes back after a bit of running around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
want to spend a day with all those dogs :3

saint bernards are loving awesome. my grandmother used to raise them back on the farm. she'd drag them all over central Illinois in the 80s and early 90s to dog shows. one of my uncles started to carry on with the breed but somewhere along the way got an adorable little golden mix that goes everywhere with him in his purple jeep.

here's a freshly woken Frank.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
why is this not stickied anymore? I liked it up top, kinda a mood booster for when I open the forum the first time for the day.

booooo, unstickying official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
hooray!

I'll have some new Frank pics later to celebrate. he had a vet visit today for shots while I was in class.

no one will ever get sick of any dog pictures ever in this thread. especially puppies.