Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

My dog Luke

Look at those loving ears

He's 70 pounds now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Today's dog status: we went to the park in Austin and fell asleep under a giant tree. Warm weather fall breaks are the best.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Booblord Zagats posted:

Plus it takes them 4 to stop being destructive assholes who chew up everything in sight

I've had 3 Danes and they never chewed anything. They do have short lives though :(

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Dogs in cars
My dog loves sticks

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I used to take my Great Dane to the children's hospital and kids would grab both ears and pick their feet off the ground. Little dudes would be swinging and he would just look at me and be like "really?".

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

pkells posted:

The Super Bowl hasn't even aired yet and the best commercial has already been decided:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

holy poo poo

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

RIP those good rear end dogs

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
My dog isn't a gip superstar but he owns. The people in the pitbull thread ignored him so I'm posting him here for validation please quote this so I dont cry

he looks real skinny but hes 70 pounds. His name is luke because he likes to escape from things. His collar says "What we have here is a failure to..."

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
They have never been in a symmetrical position for one second of his life

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
yo everyone else post your dogs too

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

That fuckin dog man

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
My dog is sick

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
That's the patented tiger blanket you can buy in every bazaar in Afghanistan

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

He fell asleep and then he heard a sound but didn't wake up. Should have named the fucker Ears

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Does anyone here know the process involved in getting a dog declared a PTSD comfort dog? The VA website makes it seem like it's as easy as getting a doctor to write a note. I only ask because I'm moving to boston which is not pet friendly.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

at the date posted:

Are you sure? I was just in Boston and was struck by how many people were walking dogs around there. There was one like every 20 yards around downtown on the weekend.

70-80% of apartments do not allow dogs

Genocide Tendency posted:

Double check, but if I remember correctly you have to be diagnosed with a condition that your doctor can approve a service animal for. The doctor has to approve you for a service animal, and then you can get one from an agency that trains them. After that you are granted all the rights of any individual who has a service animal (IE seeing eye dogs).

I'm reading that service dogs are different than comfort dogs but that comfort dogs still fall under protected animals as part of the Americans with disabilities act. Also I have a Purple Heart so convincing a health care professional to write PTSD down will be trivial.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Phone posting earlier made this harder than it needed to be.

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/treatment/cope/dogs_and_ptsd.asp

I was asking about the comfort/ptsd dogs here and not service ones. From what it sounds like you can have a dog declared one after the fact but I'm not positive. If anyone has gone through the process here in GIP let me know if im being a huge retard or whatever

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Booblord Zagats posted:

Arfschwitz

Its what I call Crackers' kennel

lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
http://m.957kjr.com/onair/luciana-bosio-45943/great-dane-puppy-thor-doesnt-wanna-12414739/

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Yodzilla posted:

the youtube link for people who can't view it on whatever the hell that weird site is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIS_0iSJWY

Thanks my phone couldn't paste the YouTube link because the goddamn app kept opening up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
my dog looked exactly like that when it was a pup. exactly. same white areas on chest and paws with black snout and hosed up lopsided ears that are short and boxy like that