Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Man-oh-man, Cowboy looks like a bag of leftovers from a V.F.W. barbecue. Of
course, I've got nothing against dead people. Why, some of my best friends are dead

Well, now I know that I absolutely need to get married so that I can get out of the barracks and own a little corgi puppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

course, I've got nothing against dead people. Why, some of my best friends are dead

My outgoing CO just got an eleven week old German short hair pointer and I have to watch it for the last two hours of my CQ shift. Best shift ever.

Oh god I'm phone posting I hope I don't break tables

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you're ever using imgur, just put an L before the extension and it turns it into a large thumbnail. I loving love your dog's color.

I loving wish she was my dog. Here she is all curled up next to me on the sofa, it was the hardest thing to stay awake with her like that.

e: logged in the entry as: Assumed duty of watching puppy. Actions taken: Pets given.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

a good dogge

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

Edit: plays fetch, secretly wants to be good dogge

video of the fetch being played

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Since I'm back at my parents' house for a while I thought I'd take some pictures of our family dogs out in the snow.

First up is Duke

And his brother Turk

Those two are inseparable, and it was incredibly difficult to get Turk to sit still long enough for me to take a picture. They're insanely playful and fun and just love running around.

This little guy is Bentley

He's a stud dog that belongs to a good friend of my mom. When he isn't getting bitches and making little Goldendoodles he stays with my mom, which is more often than not.

Duke wondering what to make of this thing that's smaller than some of our cats

Duke and Turk combo

Also, Bentley is like the chillest fucker in the world

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

kelvron posted:

My condolences.

Pette that dogge tonight.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Wanna rescue that dog

I'll help you. Who else is in?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Jesus

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

I got off of guard here in Afghanistan to find out from my parents that one of our dogs is dead. Well, technically he wasn't ours, but a friend's that stayed at my parents' place when he wasn't breeding with the bitches making little golden doodles. I loved that loving, dog, dude was chill as gently caress. Apparently he died of a heart attack this morning right after he got done doing some breeding

RIP Bently, you went out doing what you loved, loving the bitches. If I could choose the way I go, that would be it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

So my parents just recently got a new puppy

Her name is Sailor and she is a golden doodle.

I can't wait to get home and finally see her and give her so many pets.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

those labs...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Came home on leave just in time to get a few days of play in before one of my family's black labs died. I'm happy I got to see him again before it happened, but I never imagined I would be such a wreck when he went. It's especially hard because he and his brother were inseparable. Luckily my mom recently got a little golden doodle as well, so Turk still has a playmate. I'll take some pictures of the two of them later and try to find some pictures of the labs playing. Gonna miss Duke though, he was a chill bro with an awesome love growl.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

That's one phallic chew toy

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

This is all I see:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Got out of the barracks for the weekend and stayed at my buddy's house. I made sure that his dogge, Sam, got all of the pets. Pictured: a good rear end dogge

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Cole posted:

Pictured: a good rear end dogge lookin for pettes

Worry not, for he got many pettes and scritches for patiently sitting for the picture, followed by me getting some slobbery puppy kisses

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

My XO came into work today to catch up on paperwork and I'm on CQ. He brought his roommate's Lab/Pit mix with him.

You can tell Tex is happy by the blurriness of that tail.

"I'm going to chew on this ball and get stuffing everywhere!"

"Bitches love when I chew and get stuffing everywhere."

Photographic proof of Tex getting all the pettes. Phone posting while continuing to spoil this good rear end dogge.

e: phone/pette posting

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 18, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Thank Mr Dog Strong

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Hey all, say hello to Joy!

http://imgur.com/a/w4SfK

I picked her up this morning at a rescue about 30 minutes away from Bragg following the longest CQ shift of my life. I'm told she showed up at the rescue with a litter of four puppies in April. She was heartworm positive and undergoing the last round of treatment when I met her last week. Joy is a Cardigan Welsh corgi/whippet mix just over a year old with the most beautiful brindle coat.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

One more from the (necessarily short, it's hot and humid) walk we just went on.

e: thumbnailed, been phone posting

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 12, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

at the date posted:

That's an adorable dog but lol @ "cardigan welsh corgi/whippet mix." I get that it's next to impossible to find an owner for a stray pitbull mutt with heartworms but goddamn, those shelters need to try something believable.

Yeah, I know. It's dumb but the ladies in my leasing office ate it up and absolutely loved Joy. I honestly don't care too much about the breed, I just wanted to a rescue a chill rear end dogge and that's what I did.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Just came back in from my morning coffee and walk with Joy.

We worked on a couple of commands and are starting to get come and sit. She's a good dogge so she got lots of pets and belly rubs for her work.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Until I took this picture Joy was peacefully laying down and watching Cosmos with me. She is a good, chill dogge and is constantly spoiled by me, my roommate, my girlfriend, and anyone that comes over. I wish I had her life

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Joy update: only three hours of CQ left this shift. After a stroll through the barracks and meeting a few new people it's time to lie down, but better pose for the camera.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

I went grocery shopping earlier and got Joy a treat while I was out.

Turns out she's a real fan of the beef bones. She set to demolishing the drat thing as soon as I got it out for her and she hasn't shifted her attention away from it yet.

It claims to be a long lasting chew, but she is quickly proving otherwise. I'm just happy I've finally found something for her to chew on that she really likes, as she doesn't give two shits about anything else I've bought for her.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Where did u get it? Just at the grocery store?

Yeah, I wasn't expecting very much, honestly. I'm just happy she enjoys it more than her Kong or any other chew toy I bought her.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Took Joy to the groomer today to take care of her nails and pads.

Before:

After:

And she's already worked out one of the bows

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

My girlfriend thinks it's great fun to turn my dogge into a hipster

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Got Joy a hoodie today. My girlfriend takes much better pictures than I do

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Has there been any gopro footage yet?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Went on a hike up Mount Constitution today

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

It's game day and Joy is reppin her team

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

My girlfriend just got herself a dog.

Named him Loki, because he was sweet as hell at the shelter, but as soon as he was away from there he started farting in my face

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A good dogge. Your girlfriend needs to shave her leg.

That's my leg, but I'll tell my girlfriend you recommend I shave.

Hers

Mine

They're both a little worn out right now, which is nice. There's been some aggression between the two of them and it's causing my girlfriend to freak out a little about having two dogs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

Either get a pair you know get along, or get one then have a shelter ready to take the 2nd pup back if they don't get along.

Had to do that with my girlfriend's dog she got a couple weeks ago. Heart breaking experience since the dog was a good dogge that just didn't get along with mine. She's taking a vacation for a week to visit family back home so I'm going to surprise her when she gets back

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Do it anyway, everyone knows that dogs > opsec

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Cross posting from the cute pics thread

Pesticide20 posted:

Here's some cuteness for the thread.

My girlfriend and I took our dogs out to visit my parents for the weekend. While on the ferry they curled up and slept the whole way.

When they aren't playing together and crashing about in various rooms, they can often be found curled up near each other.

Jelly is my girlfriend's and was rescued about a month ago. She's a Canaan and came to the rescue (NOAH, in Stanwood, WA) with a group of others from a rescue in Israel. We're not entirely sure what happened before she reached us, but it's thought somebody was going to try and have her fight, because they cut part of her tail off and "cropped" her ears.

Joy is mine. I rescued her from the Humane Society in Laurinburg, NC. She came in as a stray with puppies that all got adopted right away, but nobody had shown interest in her for several months before I came along. Her papers claim she's a whippet/corgi mix that I don't dispute because that's a mix that's perfectly acceptable for almost all landlords.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

Joy has learned that she can climb through gates

The worst part though is Jelly watched and learned, too. I didn't get video of that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

crossposting this from the cute thread