Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
We just got a new rescue pup who showed up inexplicably in a coworkers’ fenced-in back yard. He had mange & giardia, but after a round of medicines and lots of treats, love, and toys, he’s almost 100%!

His name is Comet and I’m looking forward to socializing him after his second round of vaccines.

http://imgur.com/iWExu2H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
Comet is getting big, staying cute though!

Edit: thanks wasabi the j for the imgur tutorial

Alamoduh fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 20, 2019

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Click Beelay posted:

Delta ate something funky on one of our runs and has been throwing up/pooping liquid the past couple days, was gonna take today off to go to the vet but she seems ok now.

She was fine behaviourally, just stopped bouncing around the room occasionally to throw up/poop.

Comet does this all the time- he came back once munching on a couple of unidentified vertebrae. Your pup will be fine- unless he starts throwing up blood or pooping blood it’s normal puppy stuff.

Also, comet loves to munch ragweed leaves. The pollen is a terrible allergen for a lot of people but apparently native Americans used to use it to settle stomachs or stop diarrhea. I thought he might be self- medicating because of eating something nasty, but I think he likes the taste, he munches them like a little herbivore. No other plants but ragweed, go figure.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

MrYenko posted:

He sleeps like this pretty much every night. I do not know why.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Stravag posted:

Hey friends, so after how things ended with Kedah I took some time before i started looking at a new dog. Ive been finishing up my degree so i can get a stationary job and actually raise a dog. Ive been hesitant to get another rescue for now because of Kedah's issues from being a several time rehomed dog. Everything I've seen about silken windhounds makes them seem perfect for me. I was wondering if anyone was seeing any redflags or if this breeder seemed like a good option.

https://www.gooddog.com/breeders/24k-silken-windhounds-florida#breed_id=2446

I'm 2 months from the degree and hopefully only 6 months from having a job where in home every day and being able to get a doggo.

Do you have a specific agility sport in mind? If not, you might also consider a whippet. Sighthounds are weird, but whippets are IMHO the absolute best breed for so many people who just don’t even know about them. I’m not a wind hound expert, but I can tell you that my whippet barely sheds, never barks (some do, though), and has the sweetest and most gentle disposition of any dog I have ever known. High prey drive, but that may come in handy if there is a nuclear or civil war/mass extinction event/permanent supply chain disruption/zombie invasion.

Just throwing out other options you might not have considered- I thought that silken wind hounds were bred specifically for agility contests and might be a little more high strung, but I’m not an expert!