Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

Click Beelay posted:

That's cool man small dogs (feel bad calling corgis small coz they're not rats in the slightest I just mean on like a dog scale) need more discipline imo

They're a herding breed and easily trainable. I don't have anything against disciplining a dog with a smack, but most are completely cowed just by their master getting angry with them. If your dog only responds to Stone Cold Steve Austin justice, it needs better training and you need to chill out. e: welp

Pictured: a guilty dogge.

Danger Dog fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

:downs:

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

I was 6 years old or so when my dog brought home an intact deer leg. Being 6, it took me a minute to figure out what it was, but I distinctly remember feeling immense pride in her when I did.

In hindsight, it's obvious that the deer must have already been dead.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm going through some old photos while I recover from surgery and found this.

-- my favorite dog, a fierce, smart, and loyal Australian shepherd, who died a couple years ago of old age. Here she is looking guilty :3:. I haven't been able to bring myself to get another one yet.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fister Roboto posted:

Puppies are cute, but big old dogs are vastly more fun and huggable.

A big dog can help keep your bed warm in the winter. A puppy will just pee in it.

This is true, and why I intend to adopt dog(s) that are at least 6 months old.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

At six months it's still a baby, just (depending on breed) bigger. Logan acts the same as he did four months ago, but now he can jump on almost any surface in the house, runs faster, and though he's a little less clumsy, whatever he runs into is going to be loud and probably fall over.

Well sure, they're going to act like puppies at 6 months, but they're trainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

aaaaaaah holy poo poo