Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

~5-6? year old photo of cousins dogge and an old bro passed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

prob posted it but w/e heres my lil guy

hes kinda weird but owns i <3 him :)

his name if u didnt know is Thunder :)

hes terrified of fireworks but thunder is ok so i dunno maybe thats where it came from I'm not gonna change dudes name hes 7

Thunders a good dogge

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 15, 2019

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

That's cool man small dogs (feel bad calling corgis small coz they're not rats in the slightest I just mean on like a dog scale) need more discipline imo

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

God I want a dog :(

But two cats and two aquariums are enough animals.

My boyfriend helped raise his sister's dog Bella and she is such a good girl:

She's a beauty mate, looks like dogge royalty.

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 15, 2019

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Please meet Delta. Finally finished the adoption process and brought her home on Friday.

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 15, 2019

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Thanks guys, we're kinda in love with her.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hi Delta!

Click Beelay am I remembering wrong or are you also a kiwi? Because I would like to pat Delta

You remember correct! We're in Auckland on the shore, you're welcome any time.

Here's a pic of her from the first time I visted her in the shelter.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

e; New page tax

FrozenVent posted:

Oooooh myyyyy gooooooooood

Please give her a big belly rub for me.

Done <3

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Haha, so am I. I take Luca to Long Bay most days, shall we try coordinate sometime?

Sent you a PM!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Those eyes are gonna let her get away with sooooooooooooo much trouble :3:

She was looking at me like that when I left this morning, drat near broke my heart.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I was at a mountain biking event this weekend and one of the vendors has a Certified Super Cool Trail Dog.

He has to wear doggles because he runs while his owner bikes and is so fast he needs them to protect his eyes from branches and sticks and such.

This dog is cooler than I ever will be and probably better at handling tough trails at speed than me.

Also, Lando met his doggleganger tonight.

Good lord those doggles.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Trabant posted:

I need to also see a happy pic of that pup :ohdear:

She has resting shy face :(

She's happy as hell though and thoroughly spoiled, knows how to game us for treats using those eyes too. Really the only time she doesn't look shy is when she's active.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hound crew checking in

margo had a good time at the lake house

That's a happy doggo right there.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

colachute posted:

was going through some old pics last night. here, have one.

COMPLETELY INNOCENT

Good lord :shobon:

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Welp, Dozer’s adopter’s children ended up being crazy allergic to dogs so the D-Man is back with us for the time being. If there’s anyone here in the Northeast who wants a puppy he’s available. He’s a very good boy who is already crate trained and working very hard on being housebroken.

E: sorry about the sideways pic

Dozer's beautiful.

Delta's growing up so fast. Only 4.5 months and already too big for my mrs to pick up, she's gonna be a big girl.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I understand that I'm still new to this whole dog parent life thing but sometimes I find myself watching her eat dinner or chasing her ball or whatever, just being a dog, and suddenly I'm hit by this almost overwhelming feeling of "wow, I love you so much, dog". I can't remember the last time I felt a feeling so strong about anything really. And this is nice.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Delta went weird and withdrawn for about 24 hours after I transitioned her to a new food too quickly. Lesson well learned, I felt horrible.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Stravag posted:

Kedah snuck an entire bag of bullysticks when i was out of the apartment monday so was puking and diarrhea monday and diarhea tuesday. The plastic she swallowed came out wed morning so now she has energy built up from her two lazy days. I sprinted with her a couple times and she matched me in a stride then ran to the end of her leash and looked over her shoulder at me with a "faster fucker!" look on her face. Little smartass.

We then found this little deer, looked about half the size of a adult adirondack white tail doe. Kedah immediately went into the full stiff legged OHHHH I WANT TO EAT YOU walk she does with prey animals she doesnt want to scare and actually eat. I got dirty looks when i told her no then she went full nose down tracker mode for about a half mile. This goofy pupper

I imagined everything in this post and it was amazing. Good dog, Kedah.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Epic day bro, Luca's the goodest boye. Looking forward to the next one.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Delta and Luca seem like good pals

She's knackered mate, comad out on the couch since we got back.

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 15, 2019

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I didn't know Animates had a doggo shower! Thank you. No more smearing peanut butter on the people shower wall for Delta.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Broke ma dog

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Hell, we even stole the country's name from the Dutch

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Good lord that's a good boy.

Stravag posted:

Hotel is like a mile from the college so were hiking through the botanical garden nature trails

Edit: gently caress bike people. rear end in a top hat almost ran over Kedah because the warning i had of him coming was the sound of his tire on sand about 10 feet behind us and she jumped left to see the noise and i went right so we were spread across the trail. Fuckwit didnt bother saying anhthing at any point

Good walk for good doggo.

Goddamn I love all these dogs.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That’s lame of that cyclist. Super lame. Kedah is still a good girl though.

I’m away from home delivering a training for the next few days, and future wife has been sending me pictures of Lando. He stared at the front door for a few hours last night, waiting for me to come home, then when it was bed time, he slept with his head on top of the PJs I had slept in and left folded on top of the bed.

I don’t think I can ever justify going anywhere without him ever again.

Ok yup, huggin dog when I get home.

Good beach boy.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Stravag posted:

She came to see what i was doing in the bathroom, looked, almost started in, then sneezed and walked away. Im not forgiven yet lol

I enjoyed imagining this.

Pre-walk eyes.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I love Lando.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Delta ate something funky on one of our runs and has been throwing up/pooping liquid the past couple days, was gonna take today off to go to the vet but she seems ok now. Please send pets and love. Renting a Rug Doctor this weekend though because holy poo poo my carpet.

She was fine behaviourally, just stopped bouncing around the room occasionally to throw up/poop.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

We find those on the cats and dog occasionally, must be frustrating as hell for them.

Then again Delta once ate a small dead cactus I had sitting outside; from what I can tell she liked chewing on the clumps of needles. Was finding them on the carpet all over the house for about a week.

I thought the biggest consequence of getting a dog would be my free time or wallet but really it's been the carpet.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I meant to ask dude, did Delta show any signs of upset after Luca pinned her and barked in her face a bunch?

She seemed ok but I hope she wasn't crying or anything later

Oh nah man don't worry at all! It wasn't the first time that's happened, she's still learning boundaries when playing with other dogs and she was completely fine five minutes after.

When she gets scared she'll dive between my legs or try to jump into my arms but then she forgets all about it. I think it's a good thing that Luca put her in her place so she understands that there's consequences for pushing dogs/people too far.

Just five-month-old doggo problems :unsmith:

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Alamoduh posted:

Comet does this all the time- he came back once munching on a couple of unidentified vertebrae. Your pup will be fine- unless he starts throwing up blood or pooping blood it’s normal puppy stuff.

Also, comet loves to munch ragweed leaves. The pollen is a terrible allergen for a lot of people but apparently native Americans used to use it to settle stomachs or stop diarrhea. I thought he might be self- medicating because of eating something nasty, but I think he likes the taste, he munches them like a little herbivore. No other plants but ragweed, go figure.

That's reassuring, no blood at all and she remains her regular self so I wasn't too worried. I love watching dogs chew on leaves for some reason, they look so innocent.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

it was pretty cute how she kept jumping up to paw at him but man i could see it coming a mile off

anytime luca freezes he's about to explode

Luca's such a good boye. I'm fuckin stoked that we're building a relationship for them. Once I've got Delta's recall working consistently they're gonna have so much fun off the leash at the beach.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Coasterphreak posted:

I don't know if I'll survive losing another pet without getting to say goodbye.

This loving sucks dude and I know the feeling. I'm sorry. Honestly, if it's at all feasible for you I would drop everything and go to the hospital.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm just saying man

sunday 10am

I will do everything I can to make it work! :respek:

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Couldn't hear any noise for a while and wondered what she was getting up to. Just chillin on the couch like a good girl.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Delta and I went for a beach mission with Two Finger and Luca. Then we went back to Lucahaus and they'd smoked me some birthday ribs.

This is Delta being meatmerized.

I'm full and Delta's one happy girl.

e; she's growing up so fast so here's a throwback to when she was pupper

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 3, 2019

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Such a good day :luca:

Taking Delta and Scout fishing tomorrow, I reckon I can get them to tow a small boat.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Stravag posted:

Update on Kedah's favorite toy: it gets brought into my bed when it's naptime now

So goddamn cute

Ok this is just freaking adorable. Every time Delta gets a new toy I kinda hope she'll bond with it but they always end up the same way, reduced to bits of white filling and scraps of material spread throughout the house.

She still has her puppy eyes :luca:

Pooper

Slightly older

Slightly older still

Today

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I can't believe I never noticed this pattern before..

gently caress it, have another

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I just went to go find her and prove you wrong and :smugbert:

In the time it took me to post this she's gone horizontal again.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

People leaving their broken rigs on the ground complete with hooks :stare:

Found Delta chewing on some line and decided to nope across to some cleaner rocks.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

So, Cali, one of our friends doggos has been fighting cancer for the past 7 months and it finally got so bad that the poor girl was.. not good. She had a happy 12 years with a loving family and spent the past year with her baby brother, Sora. Cali passed over the rainbow bridge today, at home, surrounded by loved ones.

I worked from home today so that Sora could hang out with Delta while it happened and goddammit I made sure he was the happiest pupper ever. So many treats, we all got tired playing together, it was awesome and I'm certain that Sora will step up like a champ without his big sister around.

Here's some pics of Sora and Delta.

Here's Cali, lumps and all.

Please hug your pets, go on adventures with them, give them treats when they do something right, don't hit them when they do something wrong. Show them what to do, not what not to do. Throw that ball when they bring it to you, even when - especially when - you're tired as gently caress. There will come a time when you wish you did.

And keep posting your lovely doggos :luca:

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 15, 2020

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Epic way to start the day <3

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I don't care if those great danes snuggled up to you, too. I am the chosen one dammit.

:luca: about to charge.

Great day man.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Woofer posted:

2F did you forget to log out of your alt

We know each other IRL, the shepherd x is mine

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011