Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tide posted:

SO HAPPY

We were at the vet. He was very much the opposite of happy. (poodle mixes have their ears in a constant state of infected)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Something going on???

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My dog heard I came home.

So we played fetch.

Gravwell isn't fetch...

Won't somebody play fetch with that poor schnoodle!?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got a new neighbor in my apartment and their dog is a bit of a yapper, and every time we leave the apartment the new dog goes off. My dog is pretty used to apartment living and doesn't usually react (especially after the previous neighbor was a puppy howler) but he's starting to bork under his breath at the new dog when it goes off.
Any ways: That's two neighbor dogs who are less polite than my good boy. Thank you for listening.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When should I be worried that my dog is getting too 'snappy' at puppies at the park? He's a tad more agressive than I'd like when correcting them as part of like a 4 month process to warm up to them. (We live in an apartment building, so he's going to be exposed to them either way)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

boop the snoot posted:

A pup pup or an adult pup?

E: either way, I recommend a gentle leader and having leashed interactions until you get the behavior where you are comfortable.

He's 4, I'm just worried I'll have to stop taking him to the park if he scares off all the other dogs.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Four years ago to the day we brought home this lil guy

He's grown a bit

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Today a woman tried to let her murder beast into my apartment's communal dog park and I just shouted at her to "Get hosed" for five minutes until she got away from the entrance so we could leave.
Sorry, I'm just mad about it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FrozenVent posted:

What’s a murder beast?

A bad dog that already attacked my dog once before. Took a tuft of fur off his face and my dog goes into a panic any time she and her murderbeast are around.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket has been excessively active the last few nights, up and playful a good hour past his bedtime, so tonight we broke out the Good Treato: A bully stick.
And he's currently been whining for the last 10 minutes because he's very worried he won't be in the correct spot when he eats it.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 31, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Wasabi the J posted:

lmao indoor-rear end dogs

sputnik can't handle sprinkles or WIND.

My dog LOVES wind. Hates rain. loving poodle mix.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Story time: Today in our morning walk Brisket saw one of his pals out on a walk and didn't react soi thought nothing of it as I waved to the other owner. Then I'm getting ready to take him across the street as we do in our normal morning walk and he refuses. He demands to go in the direction his friend went so we walk over to the apartment dog park and I let him in.
We're alone and he keeps going by the gate and I tell him that his friend isn't coming they have their own walk.
Except he did come because apparently he was doing the exact same thing and demanding to turn around so he could play with Brisket!
These loving dogs.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Thwomp posted:

Linus is in the Fall spirit today.

Brisket needs a bottle of Yapple Cider.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Maybe it should have been.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My wife and I were watching TV past Brisket's bedtime and he came to the door and stared at us angrily before walking away. He wasn't mad, just disappointed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ImplicitAssembler posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vgC33ek.mp4

She loves playing with a blanket over her head...[/timg]

You are so brave to play tug with a spooky ghost.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I often put a blanket on my dog and just make ghost noises as he walks around for a few steps before just stepping on the blanket and it falls off. Then I take a picture of him wrapped as a granny.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I need some fake bone-ribs for houndour

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Did someone say doodle doofs?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

Is blue buffalo bad for dogs? It seems like it's done Noa good but a coworker said his vet steered him away from getting it, saying it's not good for a dog's heart. I've never heard that before.

I keep hearing that grain free diets might actually be bad in the long run.
Which makes sense, your dog isn't a wolf, he's a domesticated house pet.
But also he is a wolf, so maybe?
No one is spending the money to find out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone else have this happen?:

Dog: *does anything*
Me: omg what a good dog !!

Well he's a good boy, so...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Brisket here trying to convince me he's dead.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

pantslesswithwolves posted:

HI I’M READY FOR MY LUNCH NOW

yes sir, right away mr president.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Radigle Arglebargle

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket is finally getting over his kennel cough and and is getting increasingly demanding to say hello to his friendos.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

We're at the vet and he's very unhappy.
But always a cutie
https://imgur.com/a/ywDUjJt

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 20, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
:yayclod: Around halloween so he could also have been a ghost.

Soul Dentist posted:

Here's a special hello from Beatrice tuckered from fetching 3 to 5 times in a row:

Too tired to hide the mlem.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
REMINDER TO DOODLE PARENTS: It's cold outside so your doggy is probably fluffy and sometimes poop sticks to fluff and then your dog jumps on the bed and sits down and now there is poop smeared on your bed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I condemn this thread to BERN IN HELL

Berning less in the snow. A controlled merely half-bern.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

movax posted:

Instructions / wavelength unclear, please advise

Dog-o-Laterns for spooky season.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

is there a best crate for a larger sized dog? we have been approved to adopt a 1yo chocolate lab, and I guess he likes crates, so we want to get a crate for him, but I'm not sure what the best for price one would be.

Most crates come with a divider or something that lets you section off part of the crate to make it fit the dog better.
For example, my dog is average sized (45 lbs) so when he outgrew his puppy crate we bought one off one of my friends for her big ol grayhounds, but I have about a fourth of it walled off so that it fits him curled up.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sab669 posted:

Anyone else's dog just stare at the door while waiting for the vet? Both Bonnie and Gigi do, independently of having ever seen the other do it :thunk:

Brisket does and then turns to me and lets out his "You need to do something for me" whine/growl.
He hates the vet and knows the door is the way out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sab669 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/bTeroBm.mp4

Goodbye blanket pile hello real dog bed

Would pet the hotdog

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

E:oops

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 3, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

devmd01 posted:

“look at what a good boy I am right now.” aka cooking with a dog

My did loves my cooking but the clanging of the pots annoys him so he always leaves when I start cooking

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket went with us to my uncle's for the super bowl and he did his thing where he spent the whole time just being active and refusing to relax ever. So today I'm treated to a very snuggly doggy today.
Pic from yesterday of him watching us and wondering why we're not engaged in constant play

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shalhavet posted:

He does this a lot and it's very endearing.

give it to him.
I don't know what it is but give it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We moved last weekend and Brisket is in his first home with carpeting!
Which means there's now a sleeping dog in the way if I'm not careful leaving the bedroom.