Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

This is quite possibly the worst video I have seen in my life. Well, maybe the worst I've seen this month. It's certainly the worst I've seen today. The dogges are good though :kimchi:

Here are my family's dogges.

This is my dad's dog. My dad's friend found him wandering around one morning on his property with his dogs, who are frequently possessed by aliens and talking to him. This dog stood out because he's white and not brown and even bigger than my dad's friend's big dogs. My dad's friend checked the dog's collar and found a number on it and called it. The people who answered it were from a property a few kilometres away and said "Oh yes, he's meant to be a guard dog but he keeps wandering off. He's useless. You should just put a bullet in him." My dad's friend didn't feel like doing that because 1) a cute (giant) dog! and 2) his guns are kind of illegal and he doesn't want to go back to jail (again). So he had a think and realised that my dad has actual registered guns AND is a big softie who loves poor sad animals, and has coincidentally been looking for a new big dog. So he called my dad up and SURPRISINGLY when my dad came around and saw a big sad fluffy wolf-bear-dog, he said he could MAYBE take it in instead of shooting it. So that day when my mum came home from work she was very surprised to find a giant happy fluffy wolf-bear-dog galumphing around the backyard. He's very nervous around guns, small children, and small spaces. He's very smart and a good watchdog now that he has people who love him. He's a Maremma sheepdog.

This is my mum's little dog. He is an Ewok a Border Terrier, though like most Border Terriers he only looks like a TV Border Terrier when he has his topcoat pulled out. He's pretty dopey but was an excellent ratter when he was younger. He came from a line of champion ratters and has a fancy kennel name and everything. He murdered plenty of my pet rats when I was little :( He was recently let go at 17 years of age. A good dogge.

This is my uncle's dog. She is mostly Staffy, with bits of other pigdogs. She was originally adopted by my aunt on the other side of the family from the RSPCA, who seized her from a dog fighting ring (!!!). Because of her breeding/upbringing she doesn't interact well with other dogs, especially other stupid pigdogs like my aunt's big American Bulldog (well, her papers say she's American bulldog... She looks more like a boxer with bits of ridgeback and a teensy bit of pitbull (shh don't tell the council)). So after they had a go at each other over Christmas one year, she moved out to the country with my uncle who loves Staffies to be part of a one-dog family. She wakes my uncle up each morning by hopping on the bed and licking him and can go for walks as long as she wants and as fast as she wants because he has a motorised wheelchair. This picture is taken after she was nice and worn out from a long walk.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I like to imagine the thought process is that the ball won't fire unless he does that little happy dance each time.

Superstitious Pigeon Syndrome

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

WarpedNaba posted:

So apparently Pit Bulls are becoming too inbred for their own good. Hey, at least they get to score outside of the family!

The only moral doggo is a mixed-breed doggo. Eugenicists and show dog breeders forget that going for breed/racial purity tends to lead to Hapsburgs and narcoleptic pugs. Let doggos breed with whom they please and we shall harvest their happy, healthy young.

e: for real though mutt dogs are best dogs and I will fight anyone who says otherwise <:mad:>

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 9, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also good dogs: floppy eared Dobes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I'm trying to post a pic of my dad's black and brown alpaca with a caption of "guys the judge said my Doberman isn't up to breed standards :saddowns:" but imgur isn't working so you'll just have to pretend I said it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Timmy Cruise posted:

Been lurking a long time (generally as well as this thread in particular), but I can finally contribute. Most are phone camera so sorry in advance for the quality.

Porter:

Definitely likes small spaces:

And belly rubs

pinky-brown snout :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

PenisMonkey posted:

Have a smiling, freckle-faced dogge.

More pinky-brown snout :3: And do I see tiny pink claws :prepop:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

When my mum worked in dog obedience training/shows, she had a doggo who was just like this one. Dog training shows love having one naughty doggo who does the whole obstacle course wrong, spins in circles instead when asked to do tricks, and generally has a great time. Everyone gets to laugh at the naughty doggo and the naughty doggo is delighted by everyone enjoying watching them. It is a good life.

This was the same doggo who loved retrieving baby ducks. He would trot down to the duck pond, grab a duckling or three in his mouth, and very gently drop them wherever my mum and dad happened to be. The very soggy ducklings would then just waddle back home. It was slightly more worrying when he tried to do the same with snakes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Look at those little tails :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Sproi-oi-oi-oing

That is also literally every border collie ever. Working border collies are best dogges. :staredog:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Dalael posted:

What is wrong with this pupper's left eye? its all brown at the bottom
is he okay? :ohdear:

If he's anything like my friend in middle school, he's fine, he just has weird coloured eyes. She had one blue eye, and one eye that was half blue and half brown, cut across the middle (bottom half brown). She didn't even have to absorb a twin or anything, it was apparently basically the equivalent of a freckle but on the eye.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Little known fact: dogges can't blink, so they have to lick their eyes to stop them drying out.

e: well I guess blink dogges can blink

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Redeye Flight posted:

Hmm. While there can't be a bad dog, what makes a bad dog name?

I think it's generally agreed that names like Mussolini, Rommel, and Eva are Bad Dogge Names.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
At my old place I used to run past a house where a dachshund lived. It would always surprise me with the strength of its bork. It is very easy to forget how deep and sonorous a dachshund's voice is - they have tiny little legs so they trick you into thinking they're tiny puppers, but they have the body and the lungs of a full-sized doggo.

My aunt's big dumb pigdog (she is an elegant princess who regularly gets her toenails painted by the nieces) has just started thyroid medication and has lost 10kg, is going on long walks again, and is able to gallop up and down the stairs as if she were a puppy once more. She's gone from 10 or more tablets a day to one tiny one hidden in a lump of cheese and is the happiest dog ever :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Maw posted:

Hello here are my two dogs, I love them and I hope you like them too. Some good dogs in this thread.

Border terriers! And they are even groomed and pretty :3: My mum has kept border terriers before for ratting and petting, but they are generally much hairier and scruffier. Good doggos :kimchi: