Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
You already know, but I feel the need to reiterate that this is the best thread on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm here with a request.

:petdog:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
https://i.imgur.com/uyuybqe.mp4

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Requesting dogges carrying very large sticks tia

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
http://i.imgur.com/C3B8YM6.gifv

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
https://twitter.com/amazinvids/status/777884454173933568

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Extended family came to visit. They're alright.

Their sweet baby can stay with me as long as he likes.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Hell, I'd pay for the honor.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
me:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Took this picture at a red light yesterday. They seemed pretty happy back there.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
ah, his russian mail order bride has arrived

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
stop posting, start petting

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
tokyo jungle is a good game

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

TBeats posted:

monty will be 21 this year.

hope he doesn't go too crazy.

be sure to cut him off before he gets too drunk

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
good boy helping

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
that's a pretty birthday pup

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
New rescue dog got sleepy on his way home:

I love him already

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

screaden posted:

That's adorable.

When my girlfriend brought Ada home, due to a combination of still being affected by the drugs after the desexing operation and being utterly terrified of everything, she ended up peeing and making GBS threads liquid everywhere in the car.

He's been very good. No barking. Rode 2 whole hours in the car and didn't pee till we got home. Was so calm.

Then again he's all drugged up on heartworm medication. He's got full blown adult heartworms he has to kick before he can be around other dogs, so that'll be months out.

He also was found on the side of the road and doesn't respond to any names we or the fosters tried, so we're calling him Malachi and hoping he eventually learns that's his name.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

He's settling in very well. I expected a lot more confusion and fear. He was a bit excited exploring the new home for a while then just found a nice spot to lie down near us.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

milk milk lemonade posted:

Rescued a senior once. She was the sweetest dog of all time. Still crushed my time with her was so short. Makes me want to home another down on it's luck pup. I have two purebreds right now that I forked a ton of money over for, and I love them and everything but idk if it's the right thing to do with all the dogs that need homes out there.

I know that feeling. I feel too strongly to pay for a breeder myself, but I don't feel right shaming others for doing so.

We actually looked at a lot of seniors as well but we decided we couldn't deal with losing a dog so soon after getting them. Malachi is only 4 or 5 (vet is unsure, we're deciding today is his 5th birthday so that we have a day to celebrate in the future because we're the kind of weirdos who celebrate dog birthdays) so we figured once he kicks his heartworm he'll be healthy and able to live with us for many more wonderful years.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

screaden posted:

Post a picture of Malachi in a couple of weeks (and every day in between). I love seeing before and after shots of rescued dogs.

The day we brought Ada home

And a few weeks later, with bonus picture of my brothers dog as a growing puppy (look at his stubby little legs!)

I'll be sure to keep the updates coming! I might also share a few pics of my sister's new 12 week old puppy if I remember. We're both excited for them to have a playdate together, but that can't happen until Malachi is all healthy. I definitely don't want to get a puppy sick.

Ada looks like a sweetheart. Please give her a pet from me!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh man what a great dog. He reminds me of our old Australian Shepard/Black Lab mix my family had when I was a kid.

I still miss that dog.

I feel like he's waaaay too calm to be part aussie. Not sure if he's a mix of anything else, but he certainly acts like a full lab.

But it is kinda funny you mention that right after I posted about my sister's puppy, because that little guy is an aussie.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Malachi tried to eat a towel i was using to dry him off the other day. I think it's clear which side of the spectrum he's on.

Speaking of, I should probably post more pics but I'm tired and don't feel like loving with imgur on my phone, nor do I know of a faster and easier way to upload pics. So you guys will have to wait until I wake up.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

You're gonna share that lasagna, right?

Right?

No, it's okay. I don't want it anyway.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Malachi quirk: he gets comfy while lying down by stretching his back paws out behind him like a corgi.

Never seen a lab do this before.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
ear scratches are very good

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Jehde posted:

I admittedly usually skip this step and go straight to offering the hand. I really should ask but most times I don't care and just wanna pet that dog ASAP. If the dog doesn't respond favourably to my hand I just won't gently caress around though and let them be. I also assume any working dog is on duty and won't approach them unless I'm specifically told I can. Still not exactly trivial to fight the urge to pet.

yeah, same. but i also rarely try to pet unless the dog is already approaching me and seems friendly.

i feel too bad about bothering people by asking if i can pet their dog most of the time.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

TBeats posted:

if it makes you feel better i am more offended when people don't ask and don't want to pet monty because monty is just that awesome.

and i guess scary looking or something? because the kids around my neighborhood are, for the most part, terrified of him.

Yeah, I know that feeling. I locked myself out of the unit today when taking Malachi out to piss (long story) and the maintenance people were scared of him when I tried to talk to them for help. It especially confused me because he's a pretty friendly looking labrador. I'd be annoyed but more understanding if he was a german shepherd or a pitbull or something.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Jehde posted:

Yeah from the perspective of a dog owner I can't imagine someone being bothersome for asking to pet a dog. Like not only do you get the chance to let someone know they shouldn't pet the dog for whatever reason if that's the case, it also lets you know that you have a rad dog that people want to pet.

However from the perspective of a goon I can't totally understand not wanting to deal with people and just going straight to the dog.

Not everyone was fortunate to grow up around dogs. So to them a big dog is just another big animal that has the potential to do harm to them, doesn't matter the breed. Even worse they could come from a bad neighbourhood where people treat dogs more like weapons than companions, like drug dealers and the likes.

It's more general social anxiety than any real belief I'm being a bother. I do occasionally overcome it if a dog is extremely pettable looking. I can't resist a samoyed, for instance.

And yeah, I guess that makes sense. I've probably been around dogs too long to realize that his friendliness isn't so obvious to everybody.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Trabant posted:

If I want to pet a dog that's not near me, I'll ask the owner. But if a dog comes up to me, I'ma pet it. Sorry owner person, the dog has spoken.

:yeah:

Also bogey looks extremely pettable. Please deliver pettes on my behalf.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Car trip!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Malachi decided to pose for me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm glad Malachi is lying in my bathroom when he farts on me most of the time. I can just flip on the vent fan and it clears the air.