Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Saw this in the Badass Photos thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Tide posted:

We just have to work out the logistics of transporting him about 700 miles. He's near the KY/TN border. Would be a 1400 mile round trip in a weekend.

I have to a drive that length every month or so in a weekend, its not pleasant, but probably worth it, especially if you have 2 drivers. I can't wait to get a dog. As soon as my gf graduates and we get a real place with a real yard we will be getting a puppy. Probably a rescue because she says that rescues make the best dogs.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Someone mistakenly put this in the schadenfreude thread. This dogge is awesome.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Dogge Thread: Emergency Pick-me-ups on every page

The day that this title is a lie would be a sad day indeed.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

PenisMonkey posted:

Being allergic to dogges is a defect that should've been bred out of humans millennia ago.

I was. Then I did 6 years of allergy treatment. I can now pet dogs without dying. Totally worth the money and hassle.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Jehde posted:

Wait this is a thing???

Yeah. You can get injections or drops you hold under your tongue. Basically you keep upping the dose of things you're allergic to to desensitize yourself. It's expensive though. My insurance covered most of it since allergy season for me was bad (I was literally off the charts allergic to several things, and was allergic to everything but elm tree they tested for) enough to cause other major infections.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Gus Hobbleton posted:

better idea: provide dogges to everyone so everyone has dogges and then nobody will have to steal dogges!

Hard to steal anything when you are constantly petting your own dog!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Met an adorable energetic German Shepherd puppy at home depot today. His ears did the droopy angle thing. And even in the middle of the worst chunk of allergy season for me I didn't even get sniffly! He got all the pets before his owner (who gave me permission to pet him) was done on that aisle.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

There is a tiny pupper at work today and its the most adorable thing :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

If there's a dogge at work, but no pictures are posted, is it really there?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The dog at work today fell asleep on my lap. (She's like 70 pounds). I got no work done for like an hour.

Also, funny thing I saw.
https://aboveaverage.com/why-as-a-good-dog-is-my-identity-constantly-being-questioned/

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

The shelter's wish list has some items on it that are labeled "high priority," too. Amazon Prime shipping rules. :getin:

Link?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

News pupper just wants to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkiHt_i7co&t=173s

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

:swoon: :kimchi:
I'm dead.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

As soon as my fiance and I have a house with a yard we are getting a doggo/pupper/whatever rescue we can find. I can't wait! We both like big dogs, and it would be cruel to keep a big dog in a tiny-rear end apartment with no yard to play in so we must wait.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Does the Dogge win? Does the Catte win? Are they both doomed to mutual destruction, much like my posting will soon be? Does dual petteship with multiple species in one picture trigger this totally constitutional ban?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Local news at its finest.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

My office is dog friendly. The average day has 2 dogs. Max of 4 at times. It's pretty great.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah uh how does anyone get work done

Sometimes they take naps and dont want us bothering them :kimchi:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

pookel posted:

I'm wondering how they manage to have no people with allergies there. I mean I adore dogs, but I couldn't work in a room full of them without wanting to claw my eyes out from the itching.

It might still be worth it, but not much work would get done.

I had bad allergies, but then got 5 years of treatments to make then go away. My dog allergy is completely gone. But cat is still miserable. I can't enter a room a cat is in without my epipen ready just in case. Or walk through Bermuda grass without my feet swelling up. But I can pet puppies now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Sorry for lovely quality, was far away at the stoplight with crappy phone camera.