Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i heard you all like dogs. meet Laslo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Trabant posted:

Hello Laslo and welcome!

Mon--er, Laslo says thanks

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I get up at 3:30am every M-F. Monty is not a fan and usually stays in bed until I get back from the gym.

Today he got out of bed while I was in the bathroom taking a poop. I thought he was getting water.

He left a huge pile of poo poo outside my bathroom door. Okay, my fault. His first accident in like 3-4 years, so I will 100% take the blame.

What makes this story interesting though, is that I have a roomba.

It was a massacre.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

He hired staff and started selling merch and so on ages ago. WeRateDogs got profiled in Forbes, for Christ's sake.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/06/weratedogs-twitter-account-criticized-for-renaming-dogs.html

The hyper-curation and filtering and tweaking and streamlining of dog tweets for commercial exploitation doesn't really jive with the freewheeling "They're good dogs, Brent" vibe of the early days, is all I'm saying.

they're good dogs, brent

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The roomba didn't survive

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

El Jebus posted:

It is so adorable, especially compared to human snoring.

Montyís snore is like a lullaby.

If a human is snoring I need them to go sleep somewhere down the street.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Which one of you am I doxxing?

https://i.imgur.com/p7FIbcW.mp4

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Giant pet store bones arenít cooked. All that sinew and tallow on the outside might give your pup the trots, though.

monty will have projectile diarrhea from those so if he gets one, it's only for about 10-15 minutes at a time every few days.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Iíve posted this before but I came across it today so Iím posting it again. Monty eating a cheeseburger.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hi here is a dog

Ok see everyone in a few weeks bye!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

In an effort to become a better person, I started reading How To Win Friends and Influence People. An excerpt from part two, chapter one:

quote:

Why read this book to find out how to win friends? Why not study the technique of the greatest winner of friends the world has ever known? Who is he? You may meet him tomorrow coming down the street. When you get within ten feet of him, he will begin to wag his tail. If you stop and pat him, he will almost jump out of his skin to show you how much he likes you. And you know that behind this show of affection on his part, there is no ulterior motives: he doesn't want to sell you any real estate, and he doesn't want to marry you.

Dogs. Be more like dogs.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ďMonty, you w-...

...anna to to the dog park?Ē

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ever since I dropped from 70-80 hours a week to 40, Monty has been noticeably happier. For a few weeks there he just seemed depressed and almost like he didn't like me very much.

I love Monty.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Weíre collectively these good boys and girlsí worlds. They look to us for so much, and when weíre not there, they notice. We have a guest staying with us, and when I picked up her suitcase to move it, Lando gave me the most heartbroken look- he thought I was going on another two-week work trip. He was very happy to see that I wasnít, although Lando still wants to have a word with my supervisor about this proposed ďwork from home all the time so my human can dote on meĒ policy.

Also, this was earlier today.

Providing confirmation that the snoot was booped.

Heís just weird about how he acts like he doesnít even like me. He did it when I was traveling for work last summer. He would act like he didnít like me for the first few days after I would get back from a trip.

My emotional support animal gets emotional.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

there are these two golden retrievers in my building. they walk on the same leash when one person is walking them.

today i saw them walking holding onto the same stick and no matter what they didn't let it go. one squatted to pee, the other one stood there patiently, both still holding the stick.

their human had to bargain with them to get them to put it down before coming back inside.

i really need to just be creepy and take pics/videos when i see stuff like this.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTfWs47VLM

what about a snowball instead of a treat?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i bought a new harness and a new 10-foot leash for Monty. been using the gentle lead and a 5-foot leash for his whole life.

walks are about to be littttt

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i am not good enough for monty but if i manage to become good enough for monty i will be the best person on earth so that's what i try to be

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Post more Monty slomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgtsny-1Mes

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

here to get a paw-scription, doug

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

got u fam

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i get up at 4am and if i try to get monty up he looks at me like i'm an rear end in a top hat so he usually waits until i get back from the gym at 6am

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

WHOS A GOOD MONTY?!

....me?

It couldnít possibly be...

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

WHOS A GOOD MONTY?!

Ffs man itís been days and you still havenít told me who is a good Monty...

Well...?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

WHOS A GOOD MONTY?!

After years of waiting you have still not answered.

Itís okay. I know Iím a good boy.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Hi Monty this is your nz cousin

Hey fren

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Good Boy

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Pupdate: I have actively started looking for a buddy for Monty. I found one. Just shot an email to the foster. His name is Nero and the write up specifically says he should go to a home with another confident pup because Nero is shy (but non-aggressive and sweet) and doesnít know how to dog.

Dog Thread: From Zero to Hero (and maybe Nero!)

colachute fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 30, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Monty isnít allowed on the couch anymore.

He has started to protest.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I had a dream about Monty last night. Not a good dream. It made me realize his mortality and Iíve been depressed all morning because of it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ElMaligno posted:

We made dogs really good but we gave them too short of a life.

I read something somewhere about a kid who described why dogs donít live as long.

And he said itís because itís our job to learn how to love. It takes humans 70-80 years and a lot of times we still donít figure it out. Dogs have it figured out from day 1, and thatís why they donít stay on earth as long: because their job of learning how to love is done.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nero got adopted the same day I put my app in. But a friend of mine got a dog. A boy lab spaniel mix. Meet NoNameYet!!

More pics (and a name) to come.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

I love the fact that a dog and a bear worked out mutual hookups

Dogs and bears: better at compromise than humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Corgi tongues are as long as corgis and itís hilarious.