Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Yesterday at the dog park. Hi Norad!

Which dog park is that?

Bear Creek is the best. Best drat dog park on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Yeah, Bear Creek. I try to take him every day after work. Absolutely love that place. I need to go out for one of their poop scooping events because Frank drops the occasional bomb I miss. Last one was "April Stool's day" but it snowed and we stayed in bed.

I honestly don't know how to describe it besides the best drat dog park I've been to, because of size, elevation changes, scenery, there's lots of room for as busy as that place gets.

If you see Frank and I out there, don't let my stupid huge beard dissuade you from saying hi. We're pretty nice and I carry treats.

Don't live in the Springs anymore unfortunately :-/ I thought it was Bear Creek but I thought maybe Cheyenne looked too small from there

But yah the scenery, space was amazing there. My dogs would play in the stream for an hour then go tear rear end up and down the hill in the northwest corner. I'd spend a ton of time between there and hiking with my dogs off leash at Palmer Park. Miss all that stuff

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The actual Palmer Park dog park is a pile of garbage, but if your dog has good recall I always enjoyed the trails past the park. There's a good 3-4 miles of hiking to be had and dogs are allowed to be off leash iirc

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Red Rocks is awesome. Best looking landfill of all time.

Now go for the west side trifecta and do the incline (although I think maybe they banned dogs?)

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Rescued a senior once. She was the sweetest dog of all time. Still crushed my time with her was so short. Makes me want to home another down on it's luck pup. I have two purebreds right now that I forked a ton of money over for, and I love them and everything but idk if it's the right thing to do with all the dogs that need homes out there.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Free feeding is not a great idea because they can overeat and it doesn't send the right message about your role.

And according to my vet a dog being underweight is preferable to overweight. Being underweight is something their built to thrive on in the 'wild' supposedly.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

evil_bunnY posted:

low grain good, no grain bad. It's just a cheap filler, so lovely brands put too much of it in their food.

Overeating is 100% down to breed personality. "The right message" is hilarious, i've never in my life needed food to enforce roles.

I mean I guess it depends on the breed. But free feeding can allow them to become food aggressive and generally if you own a dog with the ability or propensity to inflict harm on human beings you want to make sure they know they rely on you to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

evil_bunnY posted:

I don't agree that your dog needs to associate you with sustenance to be well behaved is all. Our latest dog was a bit food agressive (along with a host of other issues because it's an older rescue) but never unpredictable about it, so we just worked on it until I, then our kid could snatch her favorite slow-eating treat away from her with no complaints.

:shrug: I have a couple crazy dogs and I've rescued a dog with aggression problems in the past. I'm repeating what a dog behaviorist told me, but I guess Cesar Milan is technically one as well so...