Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I'm visiting my company's Dublin office for an internal conference. The building security people here have a dog for sniffing explosives they bring around for big groups in the event space.

Except, apparently in Ireland they are totally cool with you giving pets and scritches to dogs on the job.

This is (i think) Maddie, keeping us safe:

She is extremely dedicated to her job, and will never abandon her-- oh...

Doggo has done us a service today. She intercepted several uncontrolled hands that were not giving belly rubs, analyzed the tactical sitrep, and neutralized the threat.

Yes I asked first if I could pet her, because her lead was being held by an event security person. Her handler just laughed and said yes. I imagine she spends more of her time as a social ambassador than sniffing out threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/deepestmemes/status/1133823997433434112

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Went to have a few beers at my favorite local, and there was a greyhound in the backyard living his best life:

His name is Tom. The bar has a popcorn machine for free popcorn and Tom helpfully went around after people left making sure any stray popcorn bits were cleaned up.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mars, a local office dog, came by to hang out in the hardware test lab today...

... BOOP!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/TanukiMaki/status/1156297138332143616

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Golbez posted:

Vet heard a heart murmur in Pit Pat. Took him to the local vet hospital and they ran their battery of tests and he came out 100% positive for cuteness and perfection, though with a small heart murmur. Nothing worrying in itself, we'll just have to watch him sleep to count his breaths per minute - truly, a torture worse than death. And check in every 6-12 months.

Totally worth it for the peace of mind. I love that little rear end in a top hat.

Pit Pat prognosis: perfect pupper. Prescription: please pet, provide praise.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

weird bird

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

My man do yourself a favor and type "flyball championship" into the youtube machine.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

quote:

But sometimes, meeting airport-goers on the less joyful side of the emotional spectrum is where the animals really shine. Linda Gordon, Brixton's owner, described instances of travelers heading to or from funerals, or of a woman who got stuck at SFO en route to Mexico petting Brixton for 30 minutes straight with tears streaming down her face.

"That helped get her through," Gordon recalled.

I think the dust from the airport blew into my apartment.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Margo caught her first rabbit. She was VERY pleased with herself.

My parent's aussie has (according to my dad) learned she can corner and catch rabbits in one part of their yard where the rocks make as sort of pen.

My mom is horrified but my dad is all "hell yeah those fuckers keep eating my rare succulents" and toss them over the fence as coyote food.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://imgur.com/gallery/RLxJndy

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

lightpole posted:

Badgers. They like to burrow too.

Yeah dachshund is literally German for "badger dog" lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

It's probably canine papilloma. It's a virus they get from other dogs that causes ugly warts but usually go away on their own. It's harmless except in very rare cases where it's so severe that it blocks airways and then can be easily removed by surgery.

At most consider keeping your dog away from other dogs for a while so they don't spread the infection. You can google if you wanna see a bunch of gross as pictures of severe cases.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s his bed now

always has been.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

It’s not even a listed video lol

The song playing on the radio in your house was picked up by the fingerprinting algorithm. The country list is lol but probably the result of some lawyer being terrified of US sanctions.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gf is having some stomach problems and had only eaten three or four bites from her impossible burger. I’m doing something else and hear her yell “CORGI! No!” I look over and my shitheaded dog had jumped up on her coffee table and snaked away her burger. I had to force his jaw open for him to give it up.

I was laughing my rear end off the whole time. I guess the fake burgers are realistic enough to fool a dog!

E:current burger thief status

Give him a burger you monster.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Most dogs can go up stairs. :confused:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

Aubrie just been fed, but still wanted my toast.
She makes saying no physically hurt sometimes.

(put sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/zWjhhMY.mp4

Give her the toast you monster!!!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Neglected dog; so abused because even though he was starving no one gave him chicken or chips or anything. Bar, Brooklyn, NY. 2021.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

If that dude had tried to frame a cat, he'd already be dead by now.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Return to Office doggo knows you have this room booked next but he still has 2 more minutes, thank you.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

He may be a good boy, but he is absolute trash at parallel parking.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Our agent in Istanbul sent this picture of a street doggo shamelessly begging for belly rubs from busy commuters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/jussawhole/status/1764349559738679673