Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

hey

gently caress you, kitennes are dogges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Well here is a cool dog in Afghanistan, the kind you did not have to shoot :(

Here is a cool cattenne named Plutobear

Pretty chill imo

I drove this dogge from Atlanta to Charlotte for $75. Despite being a small dogge, he was a good dogge.

Plutobear enjoys some beach time during the holidays

Drove him & his stuff to Charlotte in the UHaul. He helped me navigate.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

get this piece of poo poo out of the thread tia

Bruh, you can't appreciate a good kittenne, I suggest the Get Help hangout

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Put up or shut up

Zeris fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 16, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There is a thread in gip for posting pussy. It is not here.

Big Sur, CA

Lookit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Looks like a micro dog or perhaps a rat

Now what

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

hurrr i have a weird vendetta against the dog thread :downsbravo:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 22, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Sorry here's some dogges

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Dogges can not read so you better read this poem to your dogge

Choosing A Dog (by William Stafford, click for vid of him reading)

"It's love," they say. You touch
the right one and a whole half of the universe
wakes up, a new half.

Some people never find
that half, or they neglect it or trade it
for money or success and it dies.

The faces of big dogs tell, over the years,
that size is a burden: you enjoy it for awhile
but then maintenance gets to you.

When I get old I think I'll keep, not a little
dog, but a serious dog,
for the casual, drop-in criminal —

My kind of dog, unimpressed by
dress or manner, just knowing
what's really there by the smell.

Your good dogs, some things that they hear
they don't really want you to know —
it's too grim or ethereal.

And sometimes when they look in the fire
they see time going on and someone alone,
but they don't say anything.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I went to http://tripleplayfarm.com/ and met:

Percy the pug (yep, 3 legs)

and Lemon

and Pogo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://imgur.com/t/dog/nevpY46

http://imgur.com/t/dog/D2oyd91

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i want a hoverdog so bad

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

How to Dye Your Dogge's Fur With Kool Aid

quote:

Steps
Make an informed decision before dying your pet's fur. Dyeing pets is a relatively new practice [citation needed]; as such, there have not been long-term studies to determine whether there are any long-term negative consequences of dyeing your pet with Kool-Aid.

Do not the dye fur of dogs who have existing health problems or who are difficult to bathe.

Purchase a pack of Kool-aid drink mix the color you want them to be, and shampoo and conditioner made for dogs.

Mix a bag of Kool-aid with a sufficient amount of conditioner and a few drops of water.

Apply the dye to a small portion of your pet's fur and leave for at least 48 hours to test whether they develop an allergic reaction. All dyes are potentially harmful to your pet and can even be fatal; consequently you should make sure you look for signs of fatigue, pain, or skin irritation/rash. If you suspect that your pet has developed an allergic reaction, take your pet to the veterinarian immediately for medical attention.

If your pet does not develop an allergic reaction after 48 hours, repeat Step 3.

Thoroughly shampoo your dog. See How to bathe a dog.

Rub in the conditioner, and let stand for a couple minutes.

Rinse the conditioner.

Pat dog with a towel until damp. Wrap in a towel until dry. The color should show soon.

Remember to observe your pet's reactions during the dyeing process. If your pet seems stressed, unhappy, or in physical discomfort during the dyeing process, stop immediately and do not attempt to dye your pet again. Remember your pet is not a fashion accessory - it is a living creature and its well-being should always come first.

:rolleyes:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZP44vMwYkM

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike O if you want to know the deal with service dogs for PTSD you can PM me.

Basically any responsible program would require a referral from your therapist saying you have service connected mental health issues that impact your quality of life in such a way that a service dog would be helpful.

Not all programs are responsible. By program I mean nonprofits and charitable orgs that do this as their primary function.

I've seen service dogs for vets go horribly wrong and awesomely right. It's usually very predictable ahead of time regardless of the vet's PTSD. Shitheads make poo poo dog owners. Surprise!

I'm mentioning that so you understand the good and bad of it will be on you, not your crippling autism or sadbrains. If you legit have anxiety outside the house, or issues trying to leave the house, or problems on the road or in public or whatever, yknow, service dogs might be a cool option. They are just one option, of which there are plenty others that do not come with thousand dollar / decade long commitments. You know the deal.

I worked at an organization that ran a year long owner/trainer service dog model. Amazing how many people bug out when you make them build sweat equity in their furry PTSD potion.

Do give me a PM or hangouts email if you want to know more please.

Also has anyone read this amazing PI thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700934&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

anyone that gets a dog and doesn't invest at least some sweat equity is probably not dog material in the first place. That's why cats exist. Or snakes, if that's your thing.

And yet there are places that will literally fly you for free to their location for a 2 week "bonding retreat" then send you packing with a free adult service dog with $30,000 of training. There are dozens of places like that. Some folks have a lot of money and a desire to help and no loving common sense. Veterans are the worst group I have ever worked with when it comes to appreciating free resources and benefits. They just do not give a poo poo about what they didn't pay/work for. I guess I can see how you might pick up that attitude after working with government property.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

FYI:

Americans with Disabilities Act posted:

In addition to the provisions about service dogs, the Department’s revised ADA regulations have a new, separate provision about miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. (Miniature horses generally range in height from 24 inches to 34 inches measured to the shoulders and generally weigh between 70 and 100 pounds.) Entities covered by the ADA must modify their policies to permit miniature horses where reasonable. The regulations set out four assessment factors to assist entities in determining whether miniature horses can be accommodated in their facility. The assessment factors are (1) whether the miniature horse is housebroken; (2) whether the miniature horse is under the owner’s control; (3) whether the facility can accommodate the miniature horse’s type, size, and weight; and (4) whether the miniature horse’s presence will not compromise legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operation of the facility.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

This is Arlo. I'm babysitting him while staying at my friend's house. I'm a pet the poo poo outta this dogge

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Oh boy did I pet him

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

jfc I'm dying

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Are you wearing a blonde wig?

im Chelsea Manning

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijmBBUmG7Y

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/DqM3yCk.gifv

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/dog-recovered-missing-in-the-ocean-1.3497980

quote:

When his year-old dog Luna fell off his boat, fisherman Nick Haworth held out hope, but as the days passed he lost faith that she would return to him.

So it came as a surprise when the U.S. navy found her on land more than a month later.

On Feb. 10, Haworth, 20, had been on his boat about three kilometres off the shore of San Clemente Island, which is 110 kilometres west of San Diego. He isn't sure how Luna vanished.

"One moment Luna was there and the next she was gone," Haworth said, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

He told the Naval Base Coronado, which includes San Clemente Island, that his German shepherd and husky mix dog would likely soon arrive on the island.

"He told us Luna was a very powerful swimmer and that he was 90 per cent sure she'd head for shore," said Sandy DeMunnik, the Coronado base's public affairs officer, to ABC News.

The navy searched the beach, but found nothing. Haworth stuck around the island and did a search of his own for two days, the Union-Tribune reported.

After about a week, Haworth wrote on Facebook a farewell message: "RIP Luna, you will be greatly missed."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/XSECV0r.webm

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/withyou_kizuna/status/757317775425613824

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

This is my brother's dog, Lewis. He lives in Los Angeles.

Lewis likes tennis balls

Basically Lewis 24/7

Don't worry I petted him

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

http://m.imgur.com/LP2ouxu?r

No one gonna help the poor paralyzed dog :ohdear:

I was about to ban you

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

We're planning a forums-wide dog contest based on this thread last year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774948

quote:

i think it would be good to have a tournament to see what the best dog in somethingawful is.

the dog that gets the most votes is the king (aka "rex") of the forums.

that's pretty much the idea, thanks

So I entered GIP into the list of subforums that will compete. We need to nominate a dog to represent us.

Someone can either post a poll which Monty will probably win, or we can just pick Monty. I'm cool with either.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Also

and

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lol

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Please nominate Monty as dog forum candidate forum. Anyone can nominate Monty and he can be nominated as many times as we want!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3811381&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti2

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Tide posted:

Monty should be moderator, the immediately be allowed to retire and hold moderator emeritus for life

If Monty gets an account, then it's possible.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Aussie shepherds are absolutely incredible.

So far my cat comes when I call him, jumps off furniture when I give him a command, and scratches his post for treats. I think that's his limit, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Please vote for Monty!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812355