Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Introducing the baby Jindo named Mochi. Ran into her as part of a 5 pup litter on the beach during a labor day motorcycle club party. The girlfriend fell in love, so we brought her back on the motorcycle in a backpack turned papoose and she slept the whole 4 hours home!

Vet gave her a clean bill of health, and she's taken to crate training amazingly. I was holding out for a corgi, but I'm not regretting picking her up instead. Now just have to wait for the cats to accept her in to the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Mochi thinks she's a parrot. Can't wait to see what happens whenever she pulls this when she's grown.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

It's good to be close enough to work to come home for lunch breaks.

Pablo and Mochi passed the gently caress out.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Skyscraper posted:

video of mochi pls

Here's a couple. Please excuse the bad lighting and dramatic The Keepers music in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRM6Omlxus

And Pablo is unimpressed with Mochi's snake killing prowess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74dfRQWiyA

nullscan fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 13, 2017

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well, the cats are starting to warm up to Mochi:

https://youtu.be/h0FeJAF018A

Beyori (the ref) will still hiss if she's near, but apparently the bed is Switzerland and she'll tolerate her there.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Mochi update :

She's getting big, adopted in September, vet thinks she was probably about 5 weeks when we got her, so for 3 months she's shot up.

Her and Pablo get along pretty well now, and play together a lot.

Beyori is still maintaining her distance, but will occasionally goad Mochi into chasing her then complain if she gets caught. But at least they can share the bed now.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Thanks to whoever recommended BarkBox, dog tested, cat approved. Lots of treats and two toys in this box. The cute boots on a rope didn't last long though, lots of stuffing cleaned up.

She likes her hedgehog though.

And occasionally sleeps on her new big dog pillow instead of the bed now.

And here's Mochi being a life guard while I soak my back. Though I think she needs to reaccomplish her training as licking my face incessantly doesn't seem helpful in a drowning situation.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Yeah, it's a decent value for what you get. The hedgehog is still in one peice and haven't gone through all the snacks yet.

I would have gone with Nurungji (누룽지) which is Korean for burnt rice, but the fiance decided on Mochi instead.

Jindo are pretty strong willed, but she's been doing great with crate training and leash walking, so I'm pretty happy with picking her up randomly. I've had my cats for 5 years, and haven't had a dog in about 15 so it's been interesting getting used to having someone not so independent in the house.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well we had our first snow of the season here in Songtan, and Mochi is a fan!

Not pictured : Mochi dropping a deuce then barking at the steam.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

In the 'first snow' category:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TnH57KGvfs

She still barks at the steam off her poop, but other than that she's good with snow.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Mochi is in the cone of shame.

Pablo is keeping her company though.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

New barkbox came today, medieval themed with a flail. Beyori the cat is concerned.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Watching some Maru vids on YouTube with Mochi and Pablo. He is very into it, Mochi not so much.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

So it's been awhile since I've posted Mochi:

Well she's gotten pretty big, seen here perched on the back of the couch like the cats do, because she was raised by cats. Pablo is unimpressed:

It's been about a year since we picked her up at a motorcycle party on the west coast of Korea and the wife and I decided to go back to that area to visit.

Well just so happens Mochi's mom was still there, looking pretty ragged as the guy who owns the hotel she lives at doesn't really take care of her and feeds her random garbage:

Aaaaand in 100+ weather we brought back a little dude, we had to keep cooling him off every 30 minutes as he was riding in a backpack papoose style between the wife and I on the motorcycle. Eventually we got some ice packs inside and he was way more comfortable than we were baking in the highest temps in recorded history in Korea:

So here's Colby! Another little rolly polar bear of a pup.

I'm pretty sure Mochi knows that Colby is at least her half brother, she has not left his side and growls at the cats when they get close:

We're going to need to get a farm soon, 2 Jindo and 2 Cats at present.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Unfortunately, it looks like Colby's living conditions were pretty lovely and he's got a case of the round worms. Picked him up Thursday and he vomited one up Friday night. First thing Saturday we got him to the vet and she spent about thirty minutes picking microscopic ticks off him and gave us deworming meds. Today he started hacking them up and they've been dead so presumably everything is going well.

Mochi loves the poo poo out of him though :

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Mochi and Colby sharing their love of pulling apart shrubbery and chomping on it.

Looks like little dude is worm free and good to go. He's almost house trained and has finally figured out stairs so he's now underfoot at all times.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Dual sploot?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Yeah,

No idea

What you mean

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Wife took Colby on a walk today before the typhoon hits

Sploot accomplished

nullscan
May 28, 2004

It's a rainy day, typhoon missed us in Korea but we're getting a little rain so perfect time for naps.

Colby's getting huge.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Took Colby and Mochi to the vet yesterday, and while Colby is cool with riding in a backpack on the motorcycle, he was less than impressed with car travel.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JdBGknh48Kg

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Jindo update.

Mochi (red) and Colby (blue) with those spooky eyes.

Their usual position on the couch.

Unfortunately we found out that Colby's only dropped one nard so far so we're waiting to see if it works it way out. He's only about 7 months old but I'm not looking forward to an expensive surgery...

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Neighbor dog Suni got lose and eventually the wife brought her in until her owners got home. Poor thing is kenneled like 8 hours a day and we can hear her yapping next door all day. So any time they let her out she winds up escaping out the front door.

Asian stereotypes about eating dog aside, Koreans tend to treat strays pretty badly and there aren't many non kill shelters here. I can't imagine what I'd do if Mochi or Colby got lose/lost.

nullscan fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 6, 2019

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Stravag posted:

Really beginning to support capital punishment for anyone who throws chicken bones out of their car window. Dug 3 out of Kedah's mouth tonight. Only 1 was before she crunched it into atleast 2 pieces.

I'm down. Not sure if it was for Lunar New Year or what but there were loving fish heads all over the place in our neighborhood last weekend. No bodies, just heads. And I'm pretty far inland in Korea. Juggling 2 dogs while one is going for a head, clear her throat then he's got a drat chicken bone, clear his mouth and now she has some la galbi rib peices chomping away. Like, I get it that we're in the boonies but the people in my little small town have no class, just throwing poo poo everywhere and letting their animals poo poo everywhere without bagging anything.

Kinda weird how third world Korea can be sometimes even though they've advanced so relatively quickly after the war.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well it's friggin Mid February and we finally got a decent amount of snow in Korea. I walk the pups every morning at 0530 so we got to do Colby's first real snow frolic before it all turned to slush.

Mochi had fun chasing snow balls and wondering where the hell they went.

As an aside, Colby and Mochi came from the same mother roughly a year apart. From the vet visit yesterday Mochi is 20kg and Colby is friggin 21kg. His shoulders aren't as high as Mochi's yet, he's just hella dense. Also his other ball still hasn't dropped. Damnit.

nullscan fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 19, 2019

nullscan
May 28, 2004

The plan to expand the brood has been enacted.

Meet Cheddar (the wife has a thing with naming animals after food).

We're having a play date with Mochi and Colby this week to make sure everyone is chill, but it's pretty much a done deal at this point.

First thing I did when the wife was talking about picking him up was look into bed ramps. So happy we got a king size bed now but it's way too high for this loaf. Has anyone put a ramp together or bought one?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I keep forgetting about this thread. I'm in Korea indefinitely and already have 2 Jindo, Mochi and Colby. Well after the squadron Christmas party i went down to the market to pick up some cigarettes in the rain and ran into a bedraggled pup waking around all sad.

Of course i did what i do and brought her home :

All the reddish stuff was grime, and she had sone kind of wire wrapped around her tail as well. Well, we took her to the vet and got her all cleaned up and now we have a new member of the "we don't wear black anymore" squad. Miso :

Left to right, Colby Miso and Mochi. All named by the wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Stravag posted:

Man you just are creating a cloud factory odd white fluff arent you? Such very good pups. And they seemed to have welcomed the new one in super quick

We've gotten pretty lucky as Jindo are known for being territorial. We didn't have many problems with Mochi and Colby as they were from the same mother, even though a year apart, so I guess they recognized that and integrated very well when we brought Colby into the house.

We're not quite sure what Miso is, maybe Jindo/Border Collie mix? But after some brief growing pains, and dealing with surprise first heat with her, she's made a really good addition. I've had abused dogs before and she's finally starting to trust us and not flinch away from pets and such. Just glad we could give her a better home. Just not looking forward to spring and having to vacuum twice a day.