Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Well Maggie is officially in the cutest of German Shepherd puppy phases, mismatched ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Your dog looks like a crotchety old man that's wheelchair bound who just got taken out of the his chair and put on the couch and is very upset about it because he wasn't done squeezing the coloured nurses' tuchus'.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

USMC503 posted:

Husky/German Shepherd mix is probably the best mix.

wrong u scrub. Aussie/German shepherd mix.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah that trailer made me misty.

Have I told the story about how I saw Marly and Me in a theater in Japan about three weeks after my parents put my childhood dog to sleep?

What on Earth made you think theis was a good idea?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They really are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ym0rxisOpw

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Luna Was Here posted:

what do you even do in a situation like that? like hes clearly not gonna do it when you're around but if you don't punish them when they're doing it they're likely just going to do it again

My childhood border collie mix(who's 14 now) was like that when she was young and agile. We had to put those things to prevent babies from opening cupboards and drinking bleach because you're a terrible parent not paying attention to your kid and anytime we slow cooked anything it was done in the spare bedroom behind a closed door.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

there's an SPCA around here. i took monty to the dogge park today and its right down the street from it. only a couple of minutes from my house.

i would probably only be able to spare a saturday or a sunday for like 6 hours a week total but i'm totally gonna check in on it.

SPCA only wants 2 hours a week. Or at least mine does, but I figure thats pretty standard. They want a 3 month commitment though,. I do stress busting at mine, which is just going and playing with pups for about a half an hour. It's very fun.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wasabi the J posted:

effortpost: You should look into changing her diet... puppies have pretty delicate digestive systems, and gas in dogs is almost always because their food; stuff with a lot of fillers like corn and stuff are suspected to be a cause of gas.

v Don't they have bowls to slow them down or something? v

The kong wobbler. But also your dogs farts will smell horribly if you switch them to a high protein diet. I know this because when I first got Maggie and was introducing her to solid food her farts were weapons grade.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You guys ever catch yourself just staring at your dog and thinking it was the best decision you've ever made? I find myself doing that a lot.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Maggie is getting pretty big

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

That doesn't look like our Lord Jesus Christ.

here u go

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Maggie has discovered a new way to hold her ball

bonus pic

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Slim Pickens posted:

No dogges in the new mad max unfortunately, just lots of car chase

Reason to not see it if any.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Laser focus

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

USMC503 posted:

My sheltie is a rescue and she's awesome. If you find a place that allows 25 lb dogs, you should be good with one of them.

@other people: I don't think he's restriciting himself to pure breds, but rather just trying to get an idea of what he should look for in a dogge. That could be pretty important especially if he gets a pup/adolescent dogge.

gotta be careful with the shelties though, my neighbour has one and is definitely about 45 pounds. It's not fat, it's stocky as gently caress.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Reverand maynard posted:

They have health problems from so much breeding they only live six years

It's heart problems. All big dogs suffer from it, Danes get hit pretty hard by it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Someone say radar dishes?

Radar dog ear club.

She was not impressed that I made her stop playing to take this picture

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/iTNbWTM.gif

:nsa:: this gif was a little too big to link inline -- super cute though!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Or a golden. My old man has a lake across the street from his house and if his dog isn't in his yard it's playing in the lake.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Paradise Lost posted:

Any dogge ownership limitations are a crime against God and nature.

Especially when you consider man would be so much further behind without dogs to protect our food sources from animals and thieves. Also with them helping us hunt whether it be retrieval or the actual killing of the animal. Societal hierarchy should be as following:

1. People
2. Dogs
3. Everything else including animals that will kill you without hesitation
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Another strike against the moon people and their moon god

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lucky you. Maggie won't ride in my truck unless she is firmly seated(or standing) on my lap.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ElMaligno posted:

Jesus loving CHRIST I CAN DIE IN PEACE KNOWING A DOGGE LIKE THIS EXISTS

have i got a lovely clickbait link for you!!!

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Luna Was Here posted:

getting mighty dusty in here

yo, gently caress you. the only time we post sad dog poo poo here is when there is a happy ending. dickbag.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm starting to lose my dislike of buzzfeed

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm conflicted, on one hand, deep dream is stupid as hell imo. On the other hand, I fully support something that crams more dogs into a picture

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Hmm it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem

"problem"

suboptimal posted:

What's more fun: a huge dogge that thinks he's a small dogge, or a small dogge that behaves like a huge dogge?

Definitely the former

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

If you're going to give your dogge people food, don't give him the greasiest poo poo you can find.

ok mom

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder how GD's dog is doing.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/a/0LBNn

Maggie claimed the back of the couch. There was nothing I could do.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I disagree with locking your dog in a cage for 8~ hours a day. Might as well have left it in the fuckin pound.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

He's in his crate for a few hours a day. He usually sleeps

Here is a good article on crate training

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html

i support free-range dogs. any dog ive ever had has had a dog bed and whenever they've gotten scared or wanted to sleep and it wasn't night time(im a sucker for letting a dog sleep on my bed) they've always just gone to the dog bed because they know thats their space. you dont need to send 'em to doggy jail for them to have their own space imo. dogs are pretty smart.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/SEsEn6N.gifv

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Spicy Guacamole posted:

You're really not missing anything, tbh

I tried the grape one when driving through the states and it left an awful chalky taste in my mouth but I was wide awake.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

monty gets sick when he eats weed and i haven't blown any in his face.

he ate through a ziploc off the coffee table once though, and the results were nasty. learned a valuable lesson that day.

I made pot brownies when Maggie was 6 months old and my roommate cut out a small one to eat before he went to work and then he left it low while taking a shower and Maggie ate it and then just wanted to cuddle and she soaked half of my shirt with drool

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also just got this

Pesp® Fashionable Durable Dacron Cotton Mesh Pet Dog Cat Legs Out Travel Front Backpack Carrier Bag (Xl, Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YIXCJAO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_HCIcwb4RR9SA4

Don't forget about your dog's sensitive ears if you're going any decent speed

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How do you not get ticketed for that? I got a ticket for having my dog in my lap in my truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you want to get the dog a ball that cannot be destroyed get this https://www.westpawdesign.com/dogs/dog-toys/zogoflex-dog-toys/jive-dog-ball

My dog destroys every toy she comes in contact with because gently caress stuffing and thats the one toy she hasn't managed to break yet.